Author Topic: Who Will Richmond Take With Their 1st Pick Tomorrow?  (Read 11255 times)

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Re: Who Will Richmond Take With Their 1st Pick Tomorrow?
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2016, 02:00:42 PM »
We took only one mid because we traded for Prestia and Caddy. That's 3 mids. More than enough.
Pick 72 was rated much higher in many other phantom drafts. The kid is raw but can play forward and back. I think he's a really good prospect.
I actually thought we did well overall. We picked up a good young ruck, 3 mids and 2 guys with heaps of x factor and a KPP.
The problem I have is we kept quite a bit of dead wood. Hopefully that will be first to go next year.

Problem is we are always 1-2 years behind in rolling over the dead wood. It's been like this for years Doc.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2016, 02:22:45 PM »
Absolutely no reason for the likes of Lambert, Batchelor, Maric & Conca to still be on the list...even late picks or an extra rookie spot could've grabbed us someone useful like Richards or Tom Goodwin.... I'd rather take a punt on a kid like Scharenberg than persisting with Conca or Lambert for that matter.....another rookie pick after after Stengle could've got one of Schade, Junker, Fox, Keilty, McInerney, Shaun Edwards....

There will surely be big clean out  next year - Hunt, Townsend, Lambert, Batchelor, Conca, Maric , Grigg & Elton just for starters...blokes like Lennon & Butler will probably go too(unfortunately IMO)....reckon all our rookies bar Stengle will be nervous as well...and that's all before taking any trades into account...
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2016, 03:57:30 PM »
That's the dead wood I was talking about... :shh
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2016, 04:25:59 PM »
Most of which should've cleaned out this year and in some cases even last year....and if the current idiot list managers are still here, you can't really be all that confident enough of them will be cleaned out next year either....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2016, 04:53:47 PM »
LMAO@Hindenburg wherd he go anyway?

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2016, 05:12:34 PM »
Adelaide took him with pick 51.

- Thomas Sowell

tony_montana

« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2016, 05:31:53 PM »
Most of which should've cleaned out this year and in some cases even last year....and if the current idiot list managers are still here, you can't really be all that confident enough of them will be cleaned out next year either....

exactly

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2016, 06:52:23 PM »

It's a shame they took the contract they were offered instead of getting the hint and leaving

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2016, 07:43:31 PM »

It's a shame they took the contract they were offered instead of getting the hint and leaving

Incorrect. They were offered low ball contracts to encourage them to take offers from other teams. Alas no one wanted them...... :banghead

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #54 on: November 30, 2016, 08:28:51 PM »
I'm convinced claws just shirty because he had only had a minimal number of draft picks he could tell the world that richmond stuffed up with and proceed to prove how much better he is at this draft game because he can select multiple kids with each pick
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #55 on: November 30, 2016, 09:48:46 PM »
Absolutely no reason for the likes of Lambert, Batchelor, Maric & Conca to still be on the list...even late picks or an extra rookie spot could've grabbed us someone useful like Richards or Tom Goodwin.... I'd rather take a punt on a kid like Scharenberg than persisting with Conca or Lambert for that matter.....another rookie pick after after Stengle could've got one of Schade, Junker, Fox, Keilty, McInerney, Shaun Edwards....

There will surely be big clean out  next year - Hunt, Townsend, Lambert, Batchelor, Conca, Maric , Grigg & Elton just for starters...blokes like Lennon & Butler will probably go too(unfortunately IMO)....reckon all our rookies bar Stengle will be nervous as well...and that's all before taking any trades into account...
Didn't they give Conca 2 years or was that just a bad dream!!??

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #56 on: November 30, 2016, 10:57:40 PM »
Ah shyte - that's right, they did too....goddamnit, now I'm annoyed about it all over again.... :banghead

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #57 on: November 30, 2016, 11:19:31 PM »

Incorrect. They were offered low ball contracts to encourage them to take offers from other teams. Alas no one wanted them...... :banghead

Sorry but how is your statement any different from mine? Both state they were offered contracts to encourage them to leave but then they stayed...

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #58 on: November 30, 2016, 11:24:19 PM »

Sorry but how is your statement any different from mine? Both state they were offered contracts to encourage them to leave but then they stayed...
It's a subtle difference. They could not leave if there was nowhere to go. So no matter how much of a hint they got, they would not have been able to leave with no takers. The fact they got zero interest from any team probably was more of an insult than the reduced money they were forced ultimately to agree on.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #59 on: November 30, 2016, 11:25:37 PM »

One spells it out plain and simple, the other requires a little thought to comprehend.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI