Author Topic: Jack Graham that is [merged]  (Read 218030 times)

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Jack Graham that is [merged]
« Reply #1275 on: August 12, 2024, 10:50:18 PM »
HRS is waiting in the wings, eagerly anticipating taking the Jack Graham crown upon his departure

Hmm soft too outside average disposal doesn't get a lot of ball often enough. Yep good candidate. :whistle

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1276 on: August 14, 2024, 09:39:11 PM »
TIGERS MAKE BID TO KEEP FLAG STAR
RICHMOND has made a play to retain midfielder Jack Graham, though his future remains in the air amid significant interest from West Coast.

As revealed on AFL.com.au's trade and draft show Gettable last week, the Eagles have tabled a four-year deal to Graham in an effort to lure him across as an unrestricted free agent.

But the Tigers have also extended a contract offer to keep Graham and remain hopeful he will still commit his future at Punt Road.

It's understood the Richmond offer is not as long as West Coast's four-year bid, but the Tigers would like to keep Graham ahead of an important off-season for the rebuilding club.

Richmond, which currently holds the No.1 pick in the draft, is bracing to lose Liam Baker to either Fremantle or West Coast while contracted stars including Dan Rioli and Shai Bolton are also mulling interest from rival clubs.

Rioli, who is contracted until 2027, could land at Gold Coast under his former coach Damien Hardwick while Bolton, who has a deal until 2028, is keen to get to Fremantle.

Graham, who met with Port Adelaide while still under contract at Richmond in 2022, is an unrestricted free agent this year following 129 games for the Tigers. He was a member of the club's premiership teams in 2017 and 2020. – Riley Beveridge

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1195697/inside-trading-twist-in-race-for-port-star-hawks-new-deal-tigers-bid-to-keep-mid
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1277 on: August 14, 2024, 09:51:52 PM »
And from Fox Sports...

TIGERS MAKE LATE PLAY TO KEEP FREE AGENT

Despite significant interest from the West Coast Eagles, Richmond is reportedly making a concerted effort to retain dual premiership midfielder Jack Graham.

It is understood the Eagles have extended a four-year contract offer to the 26-year-old South Australian, who played integral roles in Richmond’s 2017 and 2020 premierships.

However, according to AFL Media’s Riley Beveridge, the Tigers have also tabled an offer to Graham — however, that deal is not as long as West Coast’s — in a bid to keep the hard-nosed ball-winner at Punt Road.

As an unrestricted free agent, Graham can walk to the club of his choice without any resistance from the Tigers, and if he were to do so, Richmond would likely receive second-round draft compensation.

Graham’s situation comes as the Tigers’ list committee prepares for a potential exodus at the end of this season, with Liam Baker, Shai Bolton and Daniel Rioli all thought to be considering moves elsewhere.

The North Adelaide product met with Port Adelaide officials at the end of 2022 — while still a contracted player — before deciding to remain a Tiger.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-trade-news-rumours-2024-ben-hobbs-eyed-by-rivals-nick-bryan-jack-graham-update-essendon-bombers-richmond-tigers-midweek-tackle-comments-latest-news/news-story/ddb20261cb3ab93a8f7d5586e8becc19
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #1278 on: August 14, 2024, 09:55:09 PM »
We’ve lost the plot

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #1279 on: August 14, 2024, 10:41:21 PM »
I think a second round pick is very fair

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Founding member of the Fab 5
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #1280 on: August 14, 2024, 11:16:31 PM »
Fake news in that article regarding what happened in 2022. Port withdrew interest

We are seriously stuffed in the face as a club these days if we want Graham to stay over getting a 2nd round pick. I'd take pick 90 for him
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #1281 on: August 14, 2024, 11:18:13 PM »
hard nosed ball winner...... :joker
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1282 on: August 14, 2024, 11:30:32 PM »
I'd let him go for no compo myself.

Don't even see him as useful depth.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Founding member of the Fab 5
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #1283 on: August 14, 2024, 11:59:14 PM »

yep. We aren't competing for finals for a while so what's the point of "depth" players like him. Time to develop the future
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1284 on: August 15, 2024, 06:55:25 AM »

Ridiculous. I am hoping the sting is well and truly on here. Might get a pick inside top 20  :yashin
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1285 on: August 15, 2024, 06:59:29 AM »

Ridiculous. I am hoping the sting is well and truly on here. Might get a pick inside top 20  :yashin

Just making it clear how ridiculous I think it is to be trying to keep him.

If a 2nd rounder is in the table we should take it and bolt. Trade that for a higher pick as points.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1286 on: August 15, 2024, 07:00:34 AM »
Definitely HRT we are playing the game I hope.

Telling the media he is a required player only to build his price up. If we snag a pick around 20 we have cleaned up here.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1287 on: August 16, 2024, 11:50:59 AM »
I can’t see a world where Richmond is genuinely interested in keeping him .

In 20 years time he’ll be a sports trivia question- Who kicked 3 goals in the 2017 Grand Final.
Unleash the tornado

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1288 on: August 16, 2024, 12:05:17 PM »
Kills us on the spread and with his lack of pace. He makes us one of the slowest midfields in the comp.

We cannot play him Prestia, hopper, Taranto Dow and even Ross and Sonsie are not overly quick.

I struggle to pick him most weeks because of this.
He is not a proficient inside player nor is he proficient on the outside.

About the only thing he has shown himself to be proficient in is tackling. Read into that what you like.

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #1289 on: August 16, 2024, 01:32:50 PM »
I can’t see a world where Richmond is genuinely interested in keeping him .

In 20 years time he’ll be a sports trivia question- Who kicked 3 goals in the 2017 Grand Final.

His first five games incl,the GF , the 2019 PF  & 4 goals v Carlton is pretty much his entire highlights, with the first two earning him a place forever in Richmond folklore....but the same can be said of Jacob Townsend -who would arguably be handier to us now than Jack is- and we didn't hang on to him forever.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.