Author Topic: Jack Graham that is [merged]  (Read 164675 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: Jack Graham that is [merged]
« Reply #345 on: September 24, 2019, 02:42:33 PM »
Needs to pass the "Francis Bourke test" at the final training session...:shh
Graham to go on and coach three flags?

As long as none of them are at Collingwood then sure, why not.... :shh :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #346 on: September 24, 2019, 03:20:09 PM »
But can he throw his arm out to the side and lay a tackle on a bloke running past? I severely doubt it!

Laid more tackles against Geelong after injuring his shoulder than 15 of his teammates made for the whole game

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #347 on: September 24, 2019, 03:46:02 PM »
Jack has been ruled out the Grand Final.  His legacy will be forever indebted to Tigerland for his effort last week

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #348 on: September 24, 2019, 03:48:28 PM »
Jack has been ruled out the Grand Final.  His legacy will be forever indebted to Tigerland for his effort last week

:cheers :clapping
Here here
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #349 on: September 24, 2019, 03:59:47 PM »
Damn

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #350 on: September 24, 2019, 04:17:26 PM »
Oh man that is the pits. I’m generally against Willy nilly rule changes afl hq make every year but if we do win the flag graham and stack not getting medals is severely sad

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #351 on: September 24, 2019, 04:20:24 PM »
He has another 10 years ahead of him playing for the Tigers. Hopefully he will get several more shots at a flag.

:cheers

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #352 on: September 24, 2019, 04:33:48 PM »
Gutted for him :(
But as they say, what doesn’t kill you can only make you stronger!

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #353 on: September 24, 2019, 07:36:17 PM »
bloody shame, he is a big part of why we are there
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #354 on: September 25, 2019, 01:24:24 AM »
"We’re so proud of Jack for playing on after he was injured on Friday night, he is the ultimate team man," Richmond general manager of football Neil Balme said.

"He has tried his hardest to be available to play this Saturday, and we commend him for that, but there’s a high probability that he will re-injure himself in Saturday’s game, which has influenced our decision.

"While he may not be out there on Saturday, his contribution to the team this season has been invaluable."

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-09-24/confirmed-tigers-rule-injured-midfielder-out-of-grand-final

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #355 on: November 12, 2019, 04:00:05 PM »
Who needs a contract? Your club's most intriguing unsigned player for 2020

AFL.com.au
Marc McGowan
Nov 12, 2019

RICHMOND

Jack Graham (out of contract)

Graham wasted little time making an impact at Tigerland, winning a premiership and almost a Norm Smith Medal in his fifth AFL game in 2017. The South Australian's had down patches since, including time in the VFL, but his 22-disposal, four-goal game against Carlton highlighted his strong second half of this year. A badly timed shoulder re-dislocation cost him playing in the Grand Final.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-11-11/who-needs-a-contract-your-clubs-most-intriguing-unsigned-player-for-2020

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #356 on: December 07, 2019, 04:19:13 AM »
‘It was hard to watch’: Tough Tiger’s Grand Final pain

Rebecca Williams
Herald Sun
December 7, 2019

Tiger Jack Graham has opened up on his Grand Final heartache, declaring it will drive him in his recovery from shoulder surgery as he aims to get back to the big stage with the premiers next year.

The heartbreaking tale of Richmond’s finals campaign, Graham also revealed the special moment he shared with the man who replaced him in the Grand Final team and went on to become one of the great premiership stories.

Graham missed out on the chance to win a second premiership medallion after he was ruled out of the Grand Final against Greater Western Sydney after dislocating his shoulder in the team’s preliminary final win over Geelong.

The 21-year-old injured his shoulder in the first quarter of the preliminary final, but bravely played out the match with the joint heavily strapped.

Graham admitted the last few months has been challenging as he came to terms with what he had missed out on.

“It was pretty tough,” Graham said of missing out on the premiership win.

“Deep down, I knew that I wasn’t going to play once the doc told me he hadn’t really sent anyone out on the ground the following week with a dislocated shoulder.

“I knew deep down that I was probably not going to play, so just trying to take all that in and digest it was pretty hard.

“During the week I kind of accepted that I wasn’t playing and got around the boys and tried to soak it all in, but on game day sitting in the stands knowing that I should be out there playing was pretty hard to watch.”

Graham’s injury misfortune opened the door for the Tigers to name 27-year-old mid-season recruit Marlion Pickett for his AFL debut in the Grand Final.

Pickett went on to deliver an eye-catching AFL entrance in the Grand Final, finishing third in the voting for the Norm Smith Medal with his 22 disposals and one goal.

Graham said he couldn’t have been happier for Pickett and told of how they shared a celebratory moment in the rooms together after the premiership win.

“I couldn’t be any more rapt for Marlion because he is such a great player and … it is just amazing how it all worked out and for his journey and for him to experience that,” Graham said.

“For him to celebrate with the boys after one game is crazy and he is going to be a great player for us (next) year and I’m really looking forward to what he can do because we’ve already seen what he can do in one game in front of the biggest crowd.

“We shared a moment and just thought ‘How good is this?’. I was lucky enough to do it (win 2017 premiership) in my fifth game, he did it in his first game … it’s a great story.”

After his off-season shoulder surgery – his second in as many years – Graham is back on light duties at pre-season training, but will not be able to resume contact work until mid-January.

Having experienced the ultimate football heartache, Graham said he was more driven than ever for his pre-season campaign.

“I’m really motivated. It’s a bit hard being in rehab … but I’m just doing everything I can to maintain my fitness and get ready for 2020,” the preliminary final hero said.

“Even though (2017) was only my fifth game … that feeling you definitely want it and that’s why we all play footy is to win premierships with the team.

“It was definitely hard watching but I’m just rapt for the football club and rapt for the boys to experience that feeling.”

Graham said he hoped to be fit for the start of the pre-season competition.

“I will aim to be back for the first JLT and speaking with the physios, that’s definitely on the cards, but we’ve just got to see how it goes once we ramp up the contact work,” he said.

“It’s tracking nicely, obviously still pretty sore and I don’t have much movement of range. I’m back at about 80 per cent speed running so I can still get a few more k’s in my legs, but obviously all the contact stuff and running will be the middle of January to early Feb away.”

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/jack-graham-opens-up-on-the-heartache-of-missing-richmonds-2019-premiership/news-story/12f28e80a552316d4014b1eaaef56e54

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #357 on: December 08, 2019, 04:28:05 AM »
We would unlikely have made it to the big dance and become premiers again without Graham's gutsy heroics playing 3/4ers of the Prelim with a busted shoulder. I still reckon there should be premiership medals for squad players who play a big part in the team getting to a GF but can't play.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #358 on: December 08, 2019, 10:42:29 AM »
Maybe players who contribute to the finals series, or those who play X amount of games throughout the year

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #359 on: April 15, 2020, 02:34:36 PM »
Taking over Richmond_FC's Instagram today... Jack Graham that is! 🤠 📲

Tune in to see what he gets up to over in Koongawa, SA: https://www.instagram.com/richmond_fc/?igshid=187hvwhd3iere