Author Topic: Jack Graham that is [merged]  (Read 165246 times)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Jack Graham that is [merged]
« Reply #135 on: August 20, 2017, 09:25:15 PM »
Guy was spent in the first 5 minutes but he still continued to run hard both ways and tackle. Couldn't ask for more from a first gamer with no pre season and a number of injuries throughout the year :clapping :clapping

Offline 1885

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #136 on: August 21, 2017, 09:33:07 AM »
Guy was spent in the first 5 minutes but he still continued to run hard both ways and tackle. Couldn't ask for more from a first gamer with no pre season and a number of injuries throughout the year :clapping :clapping

His 4th quarter was good

:thumbsup

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #137 on: August 21, 2017, 09:19:20 PM »
Talented, tough, young midfielder Jack Graham had the equal most tackles by an AFL player on debut in Richmond’s big win against Fremantle at Domain Stadium yesterday.

Graham, with 11 tackles, joined Collingwood’s Rupert Wills, who set the debutant tackling record late last season.

Read more at: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2017-08-21/graham-tackles-record

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #138 on: August 30, 2017, 03:53:13 AM »
Tigers youngster tipped to shine in September

afl.com.au
29 August 2017

FIRST-YEAR Richmond midfielder Jack Graham has been tipped to play an important role in the Tigers' finals campaign after overcoming a serious ankle injury and making the most of his late-season debut.

Alongside Jacob Townsend, Graham shapes as a fairytale story for the Tigers this September after impressive performances in rounds 22 and 23 that should be enough to secure his finals spot. 

It has been a rapid rise for the 19-year-old, who spent the first three months of the season on the long-term injury list recovering from a fractured ankle and the next nine weeks in the VFL.

Graham said he didn't expect to find himself in line to play finals with the Tigers this season, and he was proud of the way he had bounced back in the second half of the season.

"I'm just thrilled to be playing in the AFL," Graham told AFL.com.au.

"I've had a pretty rough year with injury, so I'm pretty proud of myself to get the body right and maybe be a chance to play a final.

"I obviously don't know what's going to happen in the next couple of weeks, but I'll get my body right and put my hand up to play in that opening final.

"I can't wait … it'll be a proud moment."

After being named as a senior emergency in rounds 20 and 21, Graham played the final two home and away matches as a hard-tackling midfielder, making a seamless transition to the top level.

In a team that bases its game-plan around defensive pressure and forcing turnovers, he has been a natural fit in the midfield, laying 18 tackles in two games.

"Pressure is in everyone's game. We've focused on tackling, pressure, forcing them to stuff it up and then we'll swoop," Graham said.

"The whole year as a team our focus has been our pressure and you see that lift in finals."

As one of eight Tigers who faced St Kilda in round 23 without finals experience, Graham said he would speak to captain Trent Cotchin to get a sense of what to expect.

His under-18s coach with South Australia, Brenton Phillips, expected the big-bodied onballer draw on his strengths in finals, encouraging the Tigers to "throw him in there and let him go".

"He likes contested ball and he's not afraid to get in and mix it up with anybody," Phillips told AFL.com.au.   

"His ability to tackle strongly at AFL level, and to come in and do it straight away, it shows he enjoys that environment.

"It's exactly the way he plays – contested footy, high pressure, competitive, at the contest all the time. He does everything you like to see from your midfielders."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-08-29/tigers-youngster-graham-tipped-to-shine-in-september

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #139 on: August 30, 2017, 07:09:43 AM »
Think we have a live one here. His composure most impressive for his age.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #140 on: September 09, 2017, 01:54:52 AM »
9 possessions 8 contested.

And he's a tackling machine.
The club that keeps giving.

tony_montana

« Reply #141 on: September 09, 2017, 02:11:02 AM »
He had 8 tackles 20 mins into the 2nd qtr, kid is a fridge, saw him taking danger at some stoppages and putting some strong bodywork on. Ran out of puff in the 2nd half but man this kid is a beast

dwaino

« Reply #142 on: September 09, 2017, 02:12:59 AM »
Reckon he's a keeper.

Online JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #143 on: September 09, 2017, 02:21:37 AM »
I am massively impressed with Jack!  Looks so comfortable at the top level after playing a whole 3 games.  More than just a keeper - here's a champion in the making!     :clapping
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #144 on: September 09, 2017, 02:28:32 AM »
Immense exposure and hopefully it pays off

Offline 1885

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #145 on: September 09, 2017, 02:29:09 AM »
Ze terminator

:cheers

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #146 on: September 09, 2017, 03:34:36 AM »
3 games, 27 tackles. I like it.

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #147 on: September 09, 2017, 07:53:41 AM »

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #148 on: September 09, 2017, 07:57:57 AM »
Future captain
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #149 on: September 09, 2017, 08:04:26 AM »
Really proud of the young man  :gotigers
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018