Author Topic: Jack Graham that is [merged]  (Read 164939 times)

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Re: Jack Graham that is [merged]
« Reply #645 on: September 21, 2022, 05:08:51 PM »
Struggle to get midfield time? Lambert and Edwards gone, Cotch has a year left and has dodgy hammies, that's 3 spots that need to be filled.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #646 on: September 21, 2022, 05:10:31 PM »
Struggle to get midfield time? Lambert and Edwards gone, Cotch has a year left and has dodgy hammies, that's 3 spots that need to be filled.

Not to mention dusty moving into more of a forward role too. Also Prestia being very unreliable. Plenty of room for Graham but he may have to adapt

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #647 on: September 21, 2022, 05:58:28 PM »
Sonsie and Ross slot in to.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #648 on: September 21, 2022, 06:04:22 PM »

Not to mention dusty moving into more of a forward role too. Also Prestia being very unreliable. Plenty of room for Graham but he may have to adapt

Lambert, Edwards and Dusty got very little midfield time this season so I don’t think they’re retirements/repositioning free up much time as it stands then you add the 2 giants boys and you can see where the perception of lack of midfield time comes from.

I don’t think jacks actual role this season and maybe the majority of his time with us has been as a pure inside mid. Seems like he plays that linking high half forward role linking our midfield with our forward line. That isn’t to say that role won’t change moving forward though as I’d imagine there’d be a bit of rejigging and altering of our game plan this off season.

Personally I wouldn’t trade him unless jack was the one pushing for the move and in that case we’d need to be fairly compensated by whatever club he nominates. He is by all accounts a great clubman and very professional so worst case he fails to establish himself in the team next season and looks to move then when out of contract. Would be 7 years at the club by then and a free agent I think. Free agent compo if he’s offered anything around 500k a year for 4 or more years would be an end of second rounder which isn’t too far off what you’d imagine we’d get for him in a trade this season.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #649 on: September 21, 2022, 06:55:25 PM »
Adelaide one of clubs in contention for Jack Graham. #AFLTrade #AFL #TradePeriod

https://twitter.com/Jono_Tel/status/1572406387271168000

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #650 on: September 21, 2022, 08:00:14 PM »
So- Fridge has 2 years plus a trigger for a third year. Yes- he wants to play as a mid who rests forward and with the pending arrivals of Tim and Jacob, he rightly has asked where he sits. Word is he is likely to stay but has clubs crawling all over him. My feel from what I know is he will stay but I am worried :shh

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #651 on: September 21, 2022, 08:09:43 PM »
Was runner up in the B and F last year but was injured this year
A needed player imo

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #652 on: September 21, 2022, 08:50:29 PM »
So- Fridge has 2 years plus a trigger for a third year. Yes- he wants to play as a mid who rests forward and with the pending arrivals of Tim and Jacob, he rightly has asked where he sits. Word is he is likely to stay but has clubs crawling all over him. My feel from what I know is he will stay but I am worried :shh

👆👆👆👆 this

Same as me.

Can I add from what I know of the bloke he will want to stay. He is incredibly loyal, loves the Club and loves living in Melbourne.

I see him our best 22 easily. If he wasn't injured he would have played the EF

But.....

As I said IMHO the club is in an awkward spot when it comes to trades simply because of what they've built over the last 5 or so years.

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #653 on: September 21, 2022, 08:56:41 PM »

👆👆👆👆 this

Same as me.

Can I add from what I know of the bloke he will want to stay. He is incredibly loyal, loves the Club and loves living in Melbourne.

But.....

As I said IMHO the club is in an awkward spot when it comes to trades simply because of what they've built over the last 5 or so years.

2 years + a trigger for an additional 1 as in an offer by us for an extension or as an offer by another club. If it’s an offer by another club it’s not a very appealing one to move clubs for - can’t see him leaving for an offer like that.

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #654 on: September 21, 2022, 08:57:51 PM »

👆👆👆👆 this

Same as me.

But.....

And his partner is settled in Melbourne and yes, loves the club and players.

Offline Buddysucks

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #655 on: September 21, 2022, 09:39:13 PM »
He is a heart and soul type player for us. I’d hate to see him traded.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #656 on: September 21, 2022, 09:58:29 PM »
The club must keep him.

No trades involving him at all.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #657 on: September 21, 2022, 10:19:57 PM »
If GWS are wanting a top 10 pick for Hopper because he has finished in B&F top 3 twice and in AA top 40.

Graham, 2 x Premiership player, Runner Up in B&F, if he wants to go, nothing less than a Top 10 pick for Graham.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #658 on: September 22, 2022, 12:08:13 AM »
I would argue bringing in Taranto and hopper makes him an even more required player. Someone has to do defensive grunt work and be an enforcer when you have silk like Taranto and Bolton in the middle. That’s what Graham brings. Also as others have noted is we aren’t going to play cotchin and prestia for 22 games so there is definitely midfield spots available

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #659 on: September 22, 2022, 01:17:09 AM »
Not arguing Graham isn’t a required player but Taranto and hopper are far from one way runners. Taranto in particular ranks elite for pressure acts (not too far off grahams avg) and above avg for tackles (equal with grahams avg). If you go by his b&f year of 2019 his defensive numbers are even greater.