Author Topic: Jack Graham that is [merged]  (Read 164925 times)

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Jack Graham that is [merged]
« Reply #660 on: September 22, 2022, 07:49:58 AM »
I think the reaction is frankly a little over the top. Feels a bit desperate and reminds me of us in the early 2000’s where we thought trading players like Ben Holland would be apocalyptic.
He’s a good player, not great. He’s important but dispensable for the right offer.
While it would be a shame to lose him, particularly as he is an age which is under represented and would unbalance  our list, the right offer would be the right call to trade.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #661 on: September 22, 2022, 01:55:38 PM »
Everybody is replaceable, but when assessing a players worth there are other things to be considered  like  leadership and team sacrifice  . We lost a few leaders with Edwards  and Lambert going and would miss Graham’s leadership more then ever on and off the field if he went . A bloke who plays injured and play a defensive role has certainly brought in.
If he went , you would want a lot, but should be encouraged to stay

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #662 on: September 23, 2022, 06:29:39 PM »
Crows, Power named as interested clubs in race for Richmond’s Jack Graham

"Both clubs are doing their due diligence when it comes to Jack Graham," 9 News Adelaide's Josh Money reported.

"Nine News understands that it would take a really strong offer to lure him away from Richmond, especially given he still has a year to run on his deal.

"It is thought though that with the Tigers recruiting Giants midfielders Tim Taranto and Jacob Hopper that Graham is certainly gettable.

"But the go-home factor isn't necessarily at play here. Graham has recently bought a farm in Victoria and he's very settled in Melbourne.

"Now the former SA captain has long been linked to the Crows, who are once again asking the question, while Port Adelaide sees him as an alternative to Bulldog Josh Dunkley, who they have just missed out on."

https://www.zerohanger.com/crows-power-named-as-interested-clubs-in-race-for-richmonds-jack-graham-afl-trade-news-127951/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #663 on: September 23, 2022, 06:47:09 PM »
RIEWOLDT KEEN FOR “CAPTAIN MATERIAL” GRAHAM TO STAY AT TIGERS

By Vas Shipp
SEN
23 September 2022

Jack Riewoldt has thrown his support behind Richmond teammate Jack Graham following the revelation that the 24-year-old is open to a trade from Punt Road this off-season.

Speaking on SEN Tassie, Riewoldt was glowing in his praise of Graham, who finished second in the club Best and Fairest a season ago.

“I would be absolutely flat (if Graham is traded) because he is a great person, and a player that we firmly believe could be a real good leader, possibly captain material,” he said.

The two-time premiership player was forced to play a mainly half-forward role this season and with the potential arrival of Giants duo Jacob Hopper and Tim Taranto this trade period, that area of the ground will only be further crowded.

“I firmly believe that Jack Graham is going to be a very good player for us going forward. One of the things that (Graham) has got, he can play anywhere; half-forward, wing, he can play inside, it’s just finding the right balance of that inside mids, along with Dion Prestia,” Riewoldt said.

“Shai Bolton is probably in the same spot, how much midfield time do you give him compared with forward time, Dustin (Martin) as well.

“We’ve got to try and figure it all out, but ultimately they’re all great team players so they will do what they need to do, but you still need to try and find some inside mid time for a lot of those players.”

Multiple rival clubs have reportedly sought out the services of Graham, who has one year remaining on the three-year deal he penned with the Tigers in late 2020.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/09/22/riewoldt-keen-for-captain-material-graham-to-stay-at-tigers/

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #664 on: September 24, 2022, 01:27:59 PM »
Jack Graham isn’t serious is he?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #665 on: September 24, 2022, 02:13:29 PM »
Graham hasn't said anything. There's no quotes from him. It's all media speculation from the same footy journos who said Dusty was going to Sydney and Buddy was heading to Brisbane.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #666 on: September 24, 2022, 02:23:45 PM »

I would say 70% chance of staying.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #667 on: September 24, 2022, 03:02:50 PM »

I would say 70% chance of staying.

I'd say 85% myself
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #668 on: September 24, 2022, 03:11:43 PM »
I'd say 92.3407%

This comes from a great source
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #669 on: September 24, 2022, 09:03:03 PM »
Graham isn't going anywhere.

A mixture of ensuring his worth for contract talks and media looking for a story.
Go Tigers!

Broadsword

« Reply #670 on: September 25, 2022, 04:31:50 PM »
I'd say 92.3407%

I have no idea where you got the fourth decimal from--that's just absurd. 92.341% in my book.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #671 on: September 25, 2022, 05:34:41 PM »
I'd say 92.3407%

I have no idea where you got the fourth decimal from--that's just absurd. 92.341% in my book.
That's how secret and informative my source is, and this is the number I was given.  :lol
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #672 on: September 26, 2022, 04:39:22 AM »
Graham will be traded. Bookmark it

Offline crackertiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #673 on: September 26, 2022, 07:17:47 AM »
Yep gone..

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #674 on: September 26, 2022, 07:25:47 AM »
Honestly if we're afraid to loose Graham we a in a world of pain if we can't cover his loss and so called leadership.