Author Topic: Jack Graham that is [merged]  (Read 234204 times)

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Jack Graham that is [merged]
« Reply #1440 on: October 08, 2024, 02:38:57 PM »
Do we have any prior examples of Band 3, 4, 5 to review?

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1441 on: October 08, 2024, 02:41:56 PM »
Dunno what all the angst is about.

Before the trade period we were all talking either pick 22 or pick 40. We were all hoping for 22 but we all knew that was dependent on the size of the contract.

Clearly he has a 4yr deal on an amount that warrants end of second round compo. What did people expect wce to pay him 900k a year.

The upside is pick 42 gives us another pick worth 395 points  we can bundle up to go with picks 43, 45, 51, and 61. worth around pick 8.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1442 on: October 08, 2024, 02:48:44 PM »
James Jordan, end of round 2 as well?

Jayden hunt 3 year deal was around the mark?

Jake Kelly, start of third i think.

MABIOR Chol has joined Gold Coast on a four-year deal after the Suns finalised paperwork to acquire the unrestricted free agent on Friday.

Chol played 32 games over six seasons for Richmond and has headed north with the hope of more opportunity.

In a boost for the Tigers, the club was given an end-of-second round pick as compensation (currently No.38).

I personally think what may have happened as damo also mentioned is that his wage must have been super low, and he couldnt wait to leave the joint  :shh

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1443 on: October 08, 2024, 03:46:52 PM »
How are performance based contracts weighted? Perhaps that’s also a factor?
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1444 on: October 08, 2024, 05:20:43 PM »
Another clear example of bias  and cheating, faceless decision makers making decisions that are behind closed doors, similar to the obvious free kick agenda, when Battle who is not much better than Young is pick 8 how can you not question the fairness
until there is a legal challenge or we will continue to get the rough end of the stick, why wouldn’t our leadership ask that question  when  at the next press conference for starters.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1445 on: October 08, 2024, 05:44:08 PM »
Good luck to him. Clearly wasn't happy at the club. Remain grateful for the game he played in 2017 GF. Never reached the heights I thought he would. As for the compensation this club rarely gets treated fairly by the AFL.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1446 on: October 08, 2024, 06:02:20 PM »
What they need to do but won't is explain how the calculation of each band is determined

To hit band 1what are numbers etc

They won't because heaven forbid if they have to put a $$$ value on FA contracts

« Last Edit: October 08, 2024, 09:28:22 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1447 on: October 08, 2024, 06:19:39 PM »
There have been times that most supporters would have traded Jack Graham for pick 40, we have that pick now. He had an ordinary year in a team he should have stood out in. He hasn’t really improved too much on his first two years at the club and has wanted out before. I’m ok with this.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #1448 on: October 08, 2024, 06:32:07 PM »
Compo either you get huge over or huge unders. Don't see many that are on point.

In a world where Chol gets higher compo than Graham the system is broken.
Go Tigers!

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1449 on: October 08, 2024, 06:41:34 PM »
There have been times that most supporters would have traded Jack Graham for pick 40, we have that pick now. He had an ordinary year in a team he should have stood out in. He hasn’t really improved too much on his first two years at the club and has wanted out before. I’m ok with this.

It’s not about his value. I don’t think anyone is really arguing that pick 40ish seems about right.

It’s just frustrations with a system that has 0 transparency and allows the AFL to manipulate what compo is received. All the while our picks get pushed back further and further by avg players leaving as FA.

Just scrap the compo altogether.

Online lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1450 on: October 08, 2024, 06:52:32 PM »

It’s not about his value. I don’t think anyone is really arguing that pick 40ish seems about right.

It’s just frustrations with a system that has 0 transparency and allows the AFL to manipulate what compo is received. All the while our picks get pushed back further and further by avg players leaving as FA.

Exactly this. It’s the lack of transparency and equity.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1451 on: October 08, 2024, 08:33:34 PM »

Exactly this. It’s the lack of transparency and equity.
Yep, all fair and reasonable points.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1452 on: October 09, 2024, 05:20:28 PM »
@barrettdamian reacts to Richmond's compensation for losing Jack Graham to the Eagles.

https://x.com/traderadio/status/1843886862013784495

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1453 on: October 09, 2024, 06:19:55 PM »
Another clear example of bias  and cheating, faceless decision makers making decisions that are behind closed doors, similar to the obvious free kick agenda, when Battle who is not much better than Young is pick 8 how can you not question the fairness
until there is a legal challenge or we will continue to get the rough end of the stick, why wouldn’t our leadership ask that question  when  at the next press conference for starters.

When a stupid club gives out a 6 year contract and  pays the Battles of this world 8 or 9 hundred k a year. Dont bitch about the AFL bitch about Dumb arse Hawthorn.

What is the written in stone criteria here.
You guessed it Age, length of contract, size of contract. It really is pretty clear The afl had no choice but give the saints pick 8. Their good fortune everyone else sucks it up.

Im not sure how much the AFL can actually interfere. If they do have some input outside of the above criteria then i would have thought  a club who just finished last with just two wins with a mass exodus players happening then that circumstance would be enough for them to intercede. Apparently just two wins in a season is not enough for them to intercede.

Offline Gigantor

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #1454 on: October 09, 2024, 06:57:13 PM »
Well written Claw .. agree with you