Author Topic: Jack Graham that is [merged]  (Read 233856 times)

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Jack Graham that is [merged]
« Reply #1455 on: October 09, 2024, 09:57:47 PM »
If you could share the written rules on how they make their assessments instead of guessing we would all be grateful. If the AFL was transparent on how they make their assessments then there would not be questioning of their integrity.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1456 on: October 09, 2024, 10:17:49 PM »
If you could share the written rules on how they make their assessments instead of guessing we would all be grateful. If the AFL was transparent on how they make their assessments then there would not be questioning of their integrity.

^This. I know they’ll cling to the fact as per the AFLPA agreement they can’t disclose player contracts but 1. It’s not like the formula would expose the exact salary of a player as the bands are obviously within ranges and 2. It’s very rare that the media don’t report on the players salary anyway i.e. Josh battle and Ben McKay.

Let’s be practical here, they have some formula they use as well as some ‘loose’ guidelines they use to determine the compo banding, but you can’t convince me that they don’t then look at what the result is, check where the receiving team finished on the ladder and adjusts accordingly based on what outcome they want to achieve.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1457 on: October 16, 2024, 12:11:50 AM »
Have already told you. Its patently clear to any thinking poster that age, Length of contract and size of contract are the main criteria.
Jack Graham did not fall into any high criteria especially size of contract hence we got pick 42 and Stkilda pick 8 with a massive what 7yr deal and and reported 900k a year contract.

The AFL have no say over that.

But hey the bad old afl are cheats and out to get us at every turn. Tiger supporters have become the biggest whingers in the comp. Everyone is out to get em and everything is a conspiracy.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #1458 on: October 16, 2024, 12:18:41 AM »
...says the bloke who's nothing but whinge in every post across multiple forums for the best part of two decades...... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1459 on: October 16, 2024, 09:04:21 AM »
Have already told you. Its patently clear to any thinking poster that age, Length of contract and size of contract are the main criteria.
Jack Graham did not fall into any high criteria especially size of contract hence we got pick 42 and Stkilda pick 8 with a massive what 7yr deal and and reported 900k a year contract.

The AFL have no say over that.

But hey the bad old afl are cheats and out to get us at every turn. Tiger supporters have become the biggest whingers in the comp. Everyone is out to get em and everything is a conspiracy.

The AFL have no say on contract terms but they DO have the final say on compensation.

The criteria you've listed are the guide and the AFL makes a determination based on that.

If it was a clear formula it would be public knowledge and up to clubs to decide how much money/years they offer a player etc.

The Motlop and Brandon Ellis examples clearly demonstrate the AFL's 'discretionary criteria'.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1460 on: October 16, 2024, 02:37:20 PM »
If you can show us the policy darkcloud , I would be happy to be wrong , if you can’t 🤷‍♂️

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1461 on: Yesterday at 04:54:46 PM »
If you can show us the policy darkcloud , I would be happy to be wrong , if you can’t 🤷‍♂️
You can either use a bit of common sense for once or you can you know what.

...says the bloke who's nothing but whinge in every post across multiple forums for the best part of two decades...... :shh

Id like to see you drag up a quote where ive criticised the afl over this ever.

Your talking about justified criticism that Tiger supporters go off their rockers when they hear it. Very good at dishing out some tiger supporters but not so great when it comes back.

A ten year old can ascertain that the main criteria for compensation are those that i mentioned but cry baby's just have to be cry baby's. It really is not that hard to comprehend.

It gets embarrassing tiger supporters doing nothing but complain about how hard done by we are.It pervades everything even simple footy discussions. If they aren't complaining about the AFL its talking up everything we do even when we don't do well.

You need not worry though there are enough of us around who will attempt to keep your feet  on the ground and your head out of your arse.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1462 on: Yesterday at 05:21:07 PM »
I didn’t think so, we all know you have nothing where you start the insults, pompous put downs and first person tak, you could make alot of money as a comedian DARK CLOUD  :clapping :lol

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1463 on: Yesterday at 07:27:57 PM »
I didn’t think so, we all know you have nothing where you start the insults, pompous put downs and first person tak, you could make alot of money as a comedian DARK CLOUD  :clapping :lol
Hm i dont believe i started this little slanging match but hey as usual you see what you want see.

The biggest whiniest pack of supporters going around atm are tiger supporters its a fact. Such a shame so many are blind to it.