Author Topic: Patrick Naish delisted [merged]  (Read 34815 times)

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
From the highlights I watched alot of sprayed kicks.Nice turn of speed tho and likes to get it moving and create and kick a goal.Plenty upsid.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Chris Naish on SEN (talking about Patrick)
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2017, 01:57:06 PM »
Chris Naish on SEN earlier today:

* Patrick has done an apprenticeship at Richmond (via AIS). Already has a connection with the players. Choco was good for him. Helped him with info for this year.

* Played with Ivanhoe, Northern Knights and Vic Metro. Had 6 coaches (including Vic Metro line coaches) which has been good and he's learnt from each. Chris has been a bit of a sounding board and mentor as a father.

* He's concentrating on exams at the moment and is looking forward to the Nov 22 draft.

* Chris said he was allergic to the backline lol. Patrick is more athletic - can run and jump. Times over 2-3km is very good. Kicking off half-back is what is attracting recruiters. Can push forward too. Patrick is still only a pup. Upside is getting weight onto him.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Patrick Naish [merged]
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2017, 02:38:44 PM »
Can someone tell me what happened to our last f/s Tom Roach?

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2017, 05:08:02 PM »

Trade to Brisbane IIRC

Sorry I'm wrong, was simply delisted.
I was thinking of Raines.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 05:44:22 PM by RedanTiger »

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2017, 05:43:43 PM »
Wasn't he a rookee at saints Roach.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2017, 07:41:33 PM »
We delisted him at the end of 2006 and he spent 3 years with North Ballarat playing in two VFL premierships. He then moved west and played for four years with Swan Districts in the WAFL and won another premiership with them in 2010. After that I think he moved back to Victoria to play with the Balwyn Tigers in the EFL.

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2017, 10:20:53 PM »
We delisted him at the end of 2006 and he spent 3 years with North Ballarat playing in two VFL premierships. He then moved west and played for four years with Swan Districts in the WAFL and won another premiership with them in 2010. After that I think he moved back to Victoria to play with the Balwyn Tigers in the EFL.

He actually looked a really good prospect playing in the WAFL. I saw him play  number of times. I was mildly surprised at the time that no AFL gave him a second chance.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2017, 12:35:31 PM »
Draft prospect - Patrick Naish:

VIDEO: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2017-11-01/daft-prospects-patrick-naish

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Tomorrow's Heroes: A Tiger drought breaker?

Callum Twomey 
afl.com.au
November 1, 2017

WHEN Patrick Naish first started training with Richmond as a potential father-son prospect two years ago, he was overawed by standing next to Dustin Martin and having a kick with Trent Cotchin.

That feeling has slowly worn away, but there is still a spring in his step when he walks through the doors at Punt Road Oval. Soon his presence there could be a permanent thing.

The Tigers have first call on the midfielder, who is the son of former Richmond forward Chris Naish, who played 143 games with the club between 1990-97 (before 18 games with Port Adelaide).

As the leading father-son draft candidate this year, Naish pieced together a consistent and exciting under-18 campaign, playing well for the Northern Knights and also winning All Australian honours after an impressive carnival for Vic Metro.

Naish offers something a little different to this year's group of midfield prospects. He is a run-and-carry midfielder who can break the lines with his dash and long right-foot kicking. He's an attacking player who takes the ball forward: he enjoys arching his back and taking it on.

That was evident throughout the national championships, when he averaged 22 disposals (at 65 per cent efficiency) in four games for Vic Metro, and highlighted his raking right-foot kicking. He is creative by foot and quite damaging in some space.

One of Naish's best attributes is his goalkicking craft, which came to the fore at all levels he played this year. In eight games for the Knights he booted 13 goals, including five multiple tallies, he kicked a bag of seven goals at school level, and also chipped in with three majors from four games for Vic Metro. If he has to start his career across half-forward, he can do it comfortably. 

Naish will take a bit of time to put on the necessary weight to his frame before being ready to play at the next level, and with that will probably need to build up his inside game. He predominantly plays as an outside midfielder at this stage of his development – about 80 per cent of his disposals were uncontested at the carnival.

With his foot skills, turn of pace and knack for a goal, Naish could develop into a player similar to Essendon's David Zaharakis.

It is always hard to tip where a father-son bid might come, but Naish appears likely to attract one within the first 20 or so selections on draft night. The Tigers are expected to match the bid and make him a Tiger. 

Naish appears set to be Richmond's first father-son selection since 2003, and he will go there on merit. With dash, run and a good dose of dare, Naish plays with a purpose.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-11-01/tomorrows-heroes-is-this-richmonds-drought-breaker

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers nominate Naish as father-son draftee (afl site)
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2017, 12:37:39 PM »
Tigers nominate Naish as father-son draftee

Callum Twomey 
afl.com.au
November 1, 2017 12:01 PM

RICHMOND is a step closer to having its first father-son since 2003 after formally nominating Patrick Naish under the AFL's rules.

The Tigers lodged the paperwork this week ahead of the October 31 deadline in a move that will give them the power to match a bid for the midfielder on draft night later this month.

The official nomination is not a guarantee the Tigers will select Naish, however, with the club to wait to see where a bid comes on the son of former Richmond forward Chris before deciding whether to get him to Punt Road.

The best result for the Tigers would be that a bid for Naish doesn't come until after their three top-25 picks (No.17, 20 and 25) and there is a possibility that happens.

It is considered more unlikely than likely a bid will come for the 18-year-old before Richmond's first selection, but it could fall among the next handful of picks.

The lightly built but line-breaking Naish had a strong season in 2017, and was named in the NAB AFL Under-18 All Australian team after a consistent championships for Vic Metro.

He also averaged 22 disposals for the Northern Knights at TAC Cup level and showed his forward prowess by kicking 13 goals in eight games. He has been a member of Richmond's father-son program over the past several years.

His father played 143 games for the club (and 18 for Port Adelaide) and booted 212 goals in the yellow and black between 1990-97.

Collingwood has nominated Tyler Brown (the son of Gavin) under the father-son rule, while Adelaide has nominated Jackson Edwards (the son of Tyson) as a father-son if he makes it through to the rookie draft.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-11-01/tigers-nominate-naish-as-fatherson-draftee

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Patrick Naish - officially nominated by Tigers as Father-Son [update]
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2017, 12:46:13 PM »
so can someone please clarify what happens if dogs or other bids on him before our first pick

we have to sue pick 17?

we couldnt use one of the other 2 we have?
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2017, 01:37:13 PM »
From my understanding (happy to be corrected) but you have to use your next available pick so for us that would be 17. We couldn't package picks 20 and 25 together (for example) but we can use 17 + a later pick I believe so our 3rd/4th rounder, depending what picks we have and what covers the points deficit

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2017, 02:45:22 PM »
From my understanding (happy to be corrected) but you have to use your next available pick so for us that would be 17. We couldn't package picks 20 and 25 together (for example) but we can use 17 + a later pick I believe so our 3rd/4th rounder, depending what picks we have and what covers the points deficit

got it thanks

so effectively in this trade period we would have received naish, pick 20 and 25, but lose 15 and 17.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2017, 03:05:42 PM »
I think because we get a 20% discount, if we use our points from 17 and we have some points left over, this will upgrade our next pick?

And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2017, 04:04:27 PM »

got it thanks

so effectively in this trade period we would have received naish, pick 20 and 25, but lose 15 and 17.
So Naish will cost us two picks in the top 20? Is he that good?
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2017, 04:34:36 PM »
You have to use your picks in order.

If a bid comes at pick #8 then we need to find 1241 points (Pick 8 is worth 1551 x 80% = 1240.8points)

Pick 17 is worth 1025 points so pick 17 loses all its points and the pick drops down the order to last spot.

We then need to find 216. These have to come off our next pick ie pick #20. Pick 20 is worth 912 points. The 216 gets deducted from 912 leaving 696 points and then pick #20 drops down the order and slots in at pick 28.

If the bid does come at pick #16 we have to find 854points (pick 16 is worth 1067 x 80% = 853.6points)

We then use our next pick being pick #17. It is worth 1025 points. The 854 points are deducted leaving 171 points. Therefor pick #17 falls down the order and slots in at pick #58
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 09:10:35 AM by Gracie »