Author Topic: Patrick Naish delisted [merged]  (Read 34797 times)

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
Re: Patrick Naish - officially nominated by Tigers as Father-Son [update]
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2017, 06:36:49 PM »
Thanks Gracie, I had no stuffing clue how it worked...I had a vague clue ...
Lots of people name their swords......

dwaino

« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2017, 08:13:28 PM »
Ditto  :thumbsup. I thought I understood it but that just cleared a few things up. Can see why we traded those picks in now.

tony_montana

« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2017, 08:16:01 PM »
Hopefully he goes after our first 2 picks(and by the sounds of it, that is becoming more and more feasible) - that would give us a chance of using our 3rd and 4th rounders on him.

Something like

Balta, Allen and hybrid player (mid/fwd or ruck/fwd) + Naish would just top off a stuffing great year

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2017, 08:51:33 PM »
Ditto  :thumbsup. I thought I understood it but that just cleared a few things up. Can see why we traded those picks in now.

It certainly covers a few possibilities and the Premiers have 3 picks in the top 25. Not many premiers have had that advantage.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2017, 03:21:02 AM »
A big year in junior ranks has seen the outside midfielder rise up in the ratings of potential draftees, with most experts now seeing him as worth a pick between 10 and 15.

The Tigers hold picks 17, 20 and 25 and can match any bids made by other clubs, but will hope to keep their first two choices for other needs like a key forward to take over from Jack Riewoldt in the not-too-distant future.

In the recent trade period Richmond swapped a future third-round pick for this year’s 53, suggesting they will try to package up later picks with 25 to secure Naish.

It’s likely clubs will consider bidding for the lightly built 18-year-old if only to force the Tigers’ hand and stop them getting too big a bargain just weeks after winning the premiership.

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/afl/news/tigers-nominate-naish-as-father-son-draft-selection-afl-richmond-patrick-draft-premiers/x400huvizpvx1vk2xp2izuom9

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2017, 03:34:21 AM »
You have to use your picks in order.

If a bid comes at pick #8 then we need to find 1241 points (Pick 8 is worth 1551 x 80% = 1240.8points)

Pick 17 is worth 1025 points so pick 17 loses all its points and the pick drops down the order to last spot.

We then need to find 216. These have to come off our next pick ie pick #20. Pick 20 is worth 912 points. The 216 gets deducted from 912 leaving 696 points and then pick #20 drops down the order and slots in at pick 28.

If the bid does come at pick #16 we have to find 854points (pick 16 is worth 1067 x 80% = 853.6points)

We then use our next pick being pick #17. It is worth 1025 points. The 854 points are deducted leaving 171 points. Therefor pick #20 falls down the order and slots in at pick #58
Gracie, is that last sentence in bold meant to say pick #17 falls down to #58?
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2017, 09:10:10 AM »
You have to use your picks in order.

If a bid comes at pick #8 then we need to find 1241 points (Pick 8 is worth 1551 x 80% = 1240.8points)

Pick 17 is worth 1025 points so pick 17 loses all its points and the pick drops down the order to last spot.

We then need to find 216. These have to come off our next pick ie pick #20. Pick 20 is worth 912 points. The 216 gets deducted from 912 leaving 696 points and then pick #20 drops down the order and slots in at pick 28.

If the bid does come at pick #16 we have to find 854points (pick 16 is worth 1067 x 80% = 853.6points)

We then use our next pick being pick #17. It is worth 1025 points. The 854 points are deducted leaving 171 points. Therefor pick #20 falls down the order and slots in at pick #58
Gracie, is that last sentence in bold meant to say pick #17 falls down to #58?

Yes correct.

I have edited the original

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2017, 01:39:22 PM »
one-eyed thanks for the roach update! I didn't think he was so shocking to be honest to not be playing AFL with some club. Good to know he has tasted success in the lower divisions. Also Gracie thank you for the super clinical explanation of the points system! I had some idea but the way you laid it out made it a lot easier to digest

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2017, 02:35:15 PM »

So Naish will cost us two picks in the top 20? Is he that good?

Well no, he would have cost us a 1st pick downgrade

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2017, 05:14:28 PM »
From Inside Football's draft guide:

PATRICK NAISH

15-Jan-99 | 180.6cm | 68.8kg | Northern Knights
"Naishy played only six games for us and we loved having him in the side. We could play in him a number of roles - he's got enormous 'x-factor'. His GPS numbers are already at AFL level, which doesn't get talked enough about him. When he gets the ball he can hurt the opposition and he's really natural around goals. He worked hard with our tackling coach to improve in that area and he's always the last one on the track having shots at goal an a bit of fun" - Northern Knights talent manager, Rhy Geischen.

Kicking           3.5
Marking          3.5
Accumulating  4
Contested Ball 3
Speed             4
Agility             4.5
Endurance       4.5
Draft Range    Top 25

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2017, 05:25:09 PM »
Well if a Geischen rates him.....
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2017, 12:59:03 PM »
Reckon the dogs will bid at 16. Sounds about right

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2017, 01:10:24 PM »
Should pass if it's before 20..... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2017, 03:41:06 PM »
Richmond father-son prospect Patrick Naish gets perfect preparation for Tiger stint

November 8, 2017 12:14pm
Riley Beveridge
FOX SPORTS

RICHMOND’S rise from an embattled club on the verge of sacking its coach to remarkable premiership heroes — all in the space of just 12 months — understandably shocked many.

But not Patrick Naish.

The club’s first father-son prospect since Tom Roach back in 2003, Naish was given an incredible inside look at Richmond’s preparations for both campaigns.

Invited to spend a fortnight doing pre-season training with the Tigers ahead of both their 2016 and 2017 seasons, the change in attitude was the most noticeable difference to the teenager.

There was more energy and more belief within the group in 2017, making the experience of training with his boyhood idols all the more enjoyable for Naish.

But perhaps nothing will be more memorable for the classy youngster than his Grand Final day.

Not only did Naish get to fulfil a dream of his since he could first remember — sit at the MCG and watch the Tigers lift the premiership — he also got to play on the hallowed turf.

Featuring in the Under 18s All-Stars game that acted as the curtain raiser to Richmond’s clash with Adelaide, Naish could hardly believe the stars had aligned in such a manner.

However, in terms of the Tigers actually going all the way, that was less of a shock.

“There was a massive change from last year to this year,” Naish tells foxfooty.com.au.

“Culturally, everyone wanted to do it for each other. That’s what I got out of both. There was a better vibe about it. Everyone was excited and wanted to leave no stone unturned.

“There were a lot more younger boys and everyone was keen to get out there and have a crack.”

Numbers courtesy of Champion Data.Source: FOX SPORTS

Naish is now set to find his way into that squad. For real, this time.

A highly-rated and versatile prospect, the Northern Knights youngster has enjoyed a consistent season that has elevated him into first-round contention ahead of the draft.

It’s perhaps not what Richmond wanted to hear. The extra attention on Naish is likely to force the Tigers into matching an earlier bid on the midfielder than they once might have imagined.

However, having officially lodged AFL paperwork in order to allow themselves first access to Naish as a father-son last week, Richmond looks almost certain to do so anyway.

Despite keeping its cards close to its chest on Naish, the club’s hand was also made more clear during the trade period. A late pick swap deal with the Lions means they now enter the draft with Picks 17, 20 and 25 — giving the Tigers more draft points in order to match a bid.

And should it happen, Naish would be understandably delighted.

“It would be the best thing ever,” he says.

“It’s my dream and it’s what I’ve dreamt of since I was a little kid. It’s something I love doing. It would mean the world to me. I just want to get that opportunity.”

The spotlight was always going to be fixed firmly on Naish this season. It often is with father-son prospects, particularly those at clubs who have not had many in recent years.

It makes the way the athletic youngster has performed in 2017 all the more admirable.

Predominantly a wingman, he averaged 19 disposals in the TAC Cup this season. He also had an impact forward of centre, kicking 13 goals from eight matches with the Knights.

But it was in the national championships where Naish first made his mark.

Playing in a loose role both through the midfield and across half back, he was selected in the carnival’s All-Australian side having averaged 21.8 disposals per game.

According to Champion Data, he also led the competition for metres gained. Given his efficient use of the footy, such an ability to move the ball effectively is a huge tick for recruiters.

However, just as pleasing for Northern Knights talent manager Rhy Gieschen was the way in which Naish evolved as a leader around the club — both on and off the field.

“Whenever he’s in at the club, he’s really well liked and popular,” Gieschen tells foxfooty.com.au.

“He’s really energetic around the group. He’s always got a smile on his face and he’s always the first one to offer his opinion in team meetings.

“His attitude around us, the way he conducts himself and the way he brought the group together, it was really good.”

Naish’s father, Chris, played 143 games for Richmond throughout the 1990s.

Although he wasn’t alive throughout his Tigers career, Naish was around for his dad’s final season at Port Adelaide — where he played 18 games across two years.

The only footy Naish can remember of his father is a couple of highlights clips on YouTube.

His description of those? “He was alright.”

Rather than base his game around his dad’s, Naish prefers to heed his words of wisdom.

“He’s helped me a lot on-field, but off-field he’s helped me a fair bit with being organised and being professional,” Naish says.

“Last year I prepared mentally for this season. I just tried to control what I could control. That’s some advice that dad has given me.

“It’s how to perform each week and it’s the way I’ve gone about it. All of the external stuff is going to be there. But I’ve just controlled what I can control.”

It’s now a nervous wait for Naish.

He’ll not only have to endure the gruelling period before his name is called, but he’ll then have to deal with the agonising two-minute wait to find out if Richmond matches the bid.

It’s bound to throw up a heap of emotions for the youngster.

“The bidding system still keeps you on your toes,” Naish says.

“But obviously I want to go to Richmond. Until my name gets read out, it’s not a sure thing.

“I’m just looking forward to that night and hopefully when it happens.”

PATRICK NAISH

Clubs: Northern/Vic Metro

Position: Midfield

Size: 180cm, 69kg

Draft Range: 10-20

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-draft-2017-richmond-fatherson-prospect-patrick-naish-gets-perfect-preparation-for-tiger-stint/news-story/78e3e161bbbe48d2f2a3037a4ef9e1c5

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2017, 03:43:33 PM »
Richmond father-son prospect Patrick Naish gets perfect preparation for Tiger stint

November 8, 2017 12:14pm
Riley Beveridge
FOX SPORTS

RICHMOND’S rise from an embattled club on the verge of sacking its coach to remarkable premiership heroes — all in the space of just 12 months — understandably shocked many.

But not Patrick Naish.

The club’s first father-son prospect since Tom Roach back in 2003, Naish was given an incredible inside look at Richmond’s preparations for both campaigns.

Invited to spend a fortnight doing pre-season training with the Tigers ahead of both their 2016 and 2017 seasons, the change in attitude was the most noticeable difference to the teenager.

There was more energy and more belief within the group in 2017, making the experience of training with his boyhood idols all the more enjoyable for Naish.

But perhaps nothing will be more memorable for the classy youngster than his Grand Final day.

Not only did Naish get to fulfil a dream of his since he could first remember — sit at the MCG and watch the Tigers lift the premiership — he also got to play on the hallowed turf.

Featuring in the Under 18s All-Stars game that acted as the curtain raiser to Richmond’s clash with Adelaide, Naish could hardly believe the stars had aligned in such a manner.

However, in terms of the Tigers actually going all the way, that was less of a shock.

“There was a massive change from last year to this year,” Naish tells foxfooty.com.au.

“Culturally, everyone wanted to do it for each other. That’s what I got out of both. There was a better vibe about it. Everyone was excited and wanted to leave no stone unturned.

“There were a lot more younger boys and everyone was keen to get out there and have a crack.”

Numbers courtesy of Champion Data.Source: FOX SPORTS

Naish is now set to find his way into that squad. For real, this time.

A highly-rated and versatile prospect, the Northern Knights youngster has enjoyed a consistent season that has elevated him into first-round contention ahead of the draft.

It’s perhaps not what Richmond wanted to hear. The extra attention on Naish is likely to force the Tigers into matching an earlier bid on the midfielder than they once might have imagined.

However, having officially lodged AFL paperwork in order to allow themselves first access to Naish as a father-son last week, Richmond looks almost certain to do so anyway.

Despite keeping its cards close to its chest on Naish, the club’s hand was also made more clear during the trade period. A late pick swap deal with the Lions means they now enter the draft with Picks 17, 20 and 25 — giving the Tigers more draft points in order to match a bid.

And should it happen, Naish would be understandably delighted.

“It would be the best thing ever,” he says.

“It’s my dream and it’s what I’ve dreamt of since I was a little kid. It’s something I love doing. It would mean the world to me. I just want to get that opportunity.”

The spotlight was always going to be fixed firmly on Naish this season. It often is with father-son prospects, particularly those at clubs who have not had many in recent years.

It makes the way the athletic youngster has performed in 2017 all the more admirable.

Predominantly a wingman, he averaged 19 disposals in the TAC Cup this season. He also had an impact forward of centre, kicking 13 goals from eight matches with the Knights.

But it was in the national championships where Naish first made his mark.

Playing in a loose role both through the midfield and across half back, he was selected in the carnival’s All-Australian side having averaged 21.8 disposals per game.

According to Champion Data, he also led the competition for metres gained. Given his efficient use of the footy, such an ability to move the ball effectively is a huge tick for recruiters.

However, just as pleasing for Northern Knights talent manager Rhy Gieschen was the way in which Naish evolved as a leader around the club — both on and off the field.

“Whenever he’s in at the club, he’s really well liked and popular,” Gieschen tells foxfooty.com.au.

“He’s really energetic around the group. He’s always got a smile on his face and he’s always the first one to offer his opinion in team meetings.

“His attitude around us, the way he conducts himself and the way he brought the group together, it was really good.”

Naish’s father, Chris, played 143 games for Richmond throughout the 1990s.

Although he wasn’t alive throughout his Tigers career, Naish was around for his dad’s final season at Port Adelaide — where he played 18 games across two years.

The only footy Naish can remember of his father is a couple of highlights clips on YouTube.

His description of those? “He was alright.”

Rather than base his game around his dad’s, Naish prefers to heed his words of wisdom.

“He’s helped me a lot on-field, but off-field he’s helped me a fair bit with being organised and being professional,” Naish says.

“Last year I prepared mentally for this season. I just tried to control what I could control. That’s some advice that dad has given me.

“It’s how to perform each week and it’s the way I’ve gone about it. All of the external stuff is going to be there. But I’ve just controlled what I can control.”

It’s now a nervous wait for Naish.

He’ll not only have to endure the gruelling period before his name is called, but he’ll then have to deal with the agonising two-minute wait to find out if Richmond matches the bid.

It’s bound to throw up a heap of emotions for the youngster.

“The bidding system still keeps you on your toes,” Naish says.

“But obviously I want to go to Richmond. Until my name gets read out, it’s not a sure thing.

“I’m just looking forward to that night and hopefully when it happens.”

PATRICK NAISH

Clubs: Northern/Vic Metro

Position: Midfield

Size: 180cm, 69kg

Draft Range: 10-20

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-draft-2017-richmond-fatherson-prospect-patrick-naish-gets-perfect-preparation-for-tiger-stint/news-story/78e3e161bbbe48d2f2a3037a4ef9e1c5

Funny , I dont recall us being "on the verge of sacking its coach"