Author Topic: Tiger Training  (Read 905850 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Tiger Training
« Reply #1380 on: December 02, 2008, 10:26:27 PM »
RG on BF has a thorough report of training yesterday (Monday):

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=13168146&postcount=1

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1381 on: December 02, 2008, 10:33:06 PM »
Good on you OE, I needed that fix..... ;)
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1382 on: December 03, 2008, 06:43:58 PM »
I got down to today's training session at Gosch's paddock. It was nice day to be outside in the sun, catch up with friends and get a footy fix for a couple of hours.

The squad was huge with all the ring-ins so it was hard to follow everyone but in the rehab group were:
Thursty

Schulz - he had a stretch bandage around his right knee.

McMahon

Cotch - apparently is still feeling the affects of the achillies on the 'good' leg (not the foot he broke) from training too hard when he returned. I still think he did some running on the main oval with Connors and Patto? while the others trained on the Melbourne Storm practice pitch.

Tambo - a friend said he was told it was OP  :( but I couldn't get a confirmation.

Moore

Petts - was walking unaided.

Silvester - copped some leg injury on Monday and was limping as he walked.

Gus - had an op on his hip and ankle but he should be right now for the rest of preseason.

Putt - had a stretch bandage around his calf but he was still doing running.

As for training itself it was a mixture of fitness (running) and skills work. Some kicking, handball and team/game drills. The 1-on-1 team stuff was spotting up and passing to teammates leading towards the ball carrier. The skills weren't too bad for December. Hands cleaner than feet. The popped over to the main oval for a short while as well but I was talking to friends at this stage so I didn't head over to watch. From a distance it looked like they did some more 1-on-1 team/game drills. When they came back to where we were, they formed small groups and did some 1-on-1 contesting with 2 in the centre and the others in each group circling the two while handballing to one Tiger in the centre while the other tried to stop him getting it. Lukey and Kingy were pretty funny to watch with Kingy holding on like a dog lol. Whitey and Foley were an even competitive match-up and weren't treating it as a training session. About half the squad including most of the newbies left after that and the rest finished off with some sprinting. The shirts had come off by this stage so Julz and Moi would have been in heaven  :wallywink.

Some individual reports:

Jacko - I was told he had come back in the best shape out of everyone which impressed the coaching staff.

Whitey - looked really good using his pace to break lines in the team drills. Likewise Lids with his shaved head. They'll be going head to head apparently next Friday in a sprint at the fans training day.

Sugar is still wearing #17 and Newy #1. The oldies - Simmo, Richo, Sugar, Joel and Browny  - took short breaks while the others trained. Joel said he'll feeling good. The others were 100% too.

Cogs - trained well and for the full session. He actually looked a fraction lighter in the body. Maybe to help boost his speed(?).

Rainesy - trained fully and moved well. No sign of injuries which plagued him in 2008. Another one who needs a big year in 2009.

Putty and Rance look more solid in the body this summer. Putty was definitely noticeably bigger from the skinny beanpole he was this time last year. I was told they are given a bucket of protein to drink to bulk up.

That's it for now. I'll probably remember more when I look back at the photos. My camera was playing up  :-\ so hopefully at least some pics come out and I'll post them.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 07:45:49 PM by mightytiges »
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1383 on: December 03, 2008, 07:48:54 PM »
Nice of the media to get the tv cameras out and gush over Carlton and Collingwood's draftees at their training sessions yet not a single tv camera around at Richmond's training to show off our newbies  ::).

Offline peggles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1384 on: December 03, 2008, 07:57:19 PM »
great work mightytiges as always.

hope cotch and tambo are fine and will be training soon.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1385 on: December 03, 2008, 09:10:03 PM »
Great stuff MT really missed your reports mate. I stil can't believe we have so many injuries or players in the rehab group at this time of the year. Tambling with OP, freaking great, one good pre-season last year with hardly any injuries to all players and when we are heading into a break through year we have the injury curse again........ sheez. :banghead
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1386 on: December 03, 2008, 09:41:09 PM »
Tambo - a friend said he was told it was OP  :( but I couldn't get a confirmation.

:nope :nope

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1387 on: December 03, 2008, 11:30:07 PM »
Not sure how someone could develop OP just as training is getting started again

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1388 on: December 03, 2008, 11:56:32 PM »
The pics didn't turn out unfortunately. These are the 'best' of a blurry bunch  :P.

Thumbnails: - Click to enlarge

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1389 on: December 04, 2008, 12:54:01 AM »

:nope :nope

That's a relief WP. I saw Blingers with Schulz earlier in the day doing some straight line running up and down Punt Rd so hopefully whatever injury Blingers hasit's only a minor :pray.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1390 on: December 04, 2008, 01:25:20 AM »
The pics didn't turn out unfortunately. These are the 'best' of a blurry bunch  :P.

Thumbnails: - Click to enlarge

Pic 3:
the trailing three are:
A 188cm 19 year old who I won't name. He's also in pics 4 & 6. He's relative new to footy and comes from another sport as a junior.
In the middle I think is Elroy Gilligan - the kid from outside Fitzroy crossing (Y&B have mentioned his name),
and it looks like Jamie Sheahan is on the right.

I can't put a name to the face of the solid kid third from the right.

Pic 4:
Klad Klemke - foreground left. He was wearing #32.
Looks like Justin Van Unen wearing #35.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1391 on: December 04, 2008, 02:13:32 AM »
JON has arms finally.

:cheers

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1392 on: December 04, 2008, 07:12:28 AM »

In this pick the kid 2nd from the left with the mop of curly blons hair is Nick Liddle from Coburg
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

richmondrules

« Reply #1393 on: December 04, 2008, 07:39:12 AM »
Nice of the media to get the tv cameras out and gush over Carlton and Collingwood's draftees at their training sessions yet not a single tv camera around at Richmond's training to show off our newbies  ::).

As all our sessions are closed until the fans training night, we may not have told them it was on or where. I'm quite happy to slip under the radar. I don't see lots of hype about Geelong and Hawthorn and those are the teams I most want to be like.

richmondrules

« Reply #1394 on: December 04, 2008, 07:50:18 AM »
Thanks for the pics MT. Looks like you might need to clean your lens. I remember taking a who heap of holiday photos only to have them come out almost exactly like that, perhaps a bit worse. Very disappointing. Turns out my daughter had been sticking her fingers all over the lens. Kids, sheesh!