Author Topic: Tiger Training  (Read 916815 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Tiger Training
« Reply #315 on: January 15, 2007, 09:45:02 PM »
Sorry no photos as I didn't have my camera today.
That's just not good enough, shame on you, you've let the team down :P

The OER perverts society obviously isn't happy  :lol  :wallywink.

I forgot to mention that the surface at Gosh's paddock is excellent. Perfect for footy.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #316 on: January 17, 2007, 11:10:07 AM »
I only popped in for last minute look at Vic Park today on my way to work at about 10am as the squad was leaving. They started at 8.30am. A good idea to beat the main heat of the day but a bit too early for me to get to :P. I didn't see anyone hobbling or bandaged up as they were leaving so hopefully we got through today with no further injuries to anyone else  :pray

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #317 on: January 18, 2007, 04:32:21 PM »
Training is at Vic Park at 10am tomorrow if anyone is interested in going.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #318 on: January 19, 2007, 02:05:03 PM »
Just got back from a wet Vic Park. Training went from 10am to about 12.30pm. Everyone was present including the injured Tigers. Simmo popped in for a quick hello on crutches with a leg cast up to just above his knee. In the rehab group were Schulz (hammy), Kingsley (hammy done Wed), Hyde (OP), JON (stress fracture foot/leg), Cogs (knee) and Petersen.

Tambo arrived late (we presumed he just got back from Darwin from visiting his sick grandmother). He didn't participate in the drills and did straight line running and kick to kick with the trainer instead. He then joined the main squad in the half-game scratch match and looked fine (in fact he was flying  :thumbsup).

To start off the sqaud was split into 3 groups. The group at the Vic Falls end did foot passing to each other; the second group  on the wing practiced contest work around throw-ins; the third group near us at the Sherrin stand end were practising their speccies over a teammate wearing a big padded bag. Richo, Browny, Krak, Pettifer, Hartigan, White, Meyer and Patto were in the final. Best speccie went to White standing upright on the bag. Worst went to one by Petts when he mistimed his leap and ran into the bag :lol. He obviously saves his best ones for the real stuff.

Next drill was a criss cross handball one at pace with everyone in small groups around the edge of a circle and running from one group to another. Very well done. High intensity, good loud talk and very clean. I'd reckon I only saw only error in the whole time they were doing the drill.

Next up was a foot passing drill. The squad split up into 8 groups, 4 on either side of the centre square (25-30m apart) and a player from each group running, marking then passing across the square. Each side then moved back say 10m to practice their longer kicks (over 40m). More errant passes crept in in the longer distance kicks (I counted about 5 miskicks) but overall it was relatively clean.

Training then finished off with a two quarter scratch match between yellow and white tops with the second quarter played in the rain. The yellow team won comfortably with the likes of White, Tambo and Lids being the stand-outs through the midfield. The yellows seemed younger and faster. Others who impressed were Moore, Krak, Jacko and Riewoldt.

Scores:   
Yellow   3.2   5.2-32    (Goals: Jackson 1.1, Riewoldt 1, Tivs 1, Moore 1, Tambo 1, Sugar 0.1
White   0.2   0.3-3     (Goals: Nil...   behinds: Polo, Browny? and one I think was rushed at the Vic Falls end)

The game began with 2 points from Polo and Sugar and a out of bounds on the full from Tivs. Wallace wasn't amused and stopped the scratch match and made the whole squad do a 400m as punishment. Nothing like some old fashion training method lol. Thankfully for the boys the goals came after that with Riewoldt nabbing first after a ripper of a strong pack mark. The boy is good  :thumbsup. Later on even Razor got in on the act with a top mark floating back and across an opponent.

Match-ups:

Yellow FB:      Gas             Moore
White FF:     Hughes        Browny

Yellow CHB:   Joel            Polak        Raines      Connors                 
White CHF:   Knobel        Richo         Meyer      Pettifer

Midfield:  Graham - Knobel, Tivs v Foley, White v Tuck, Tambling v Edwards/King, Hartigan v Casserly

Yellow CHF:    Krak           Patto
White CHB:     King         McGuane

Yellow FF:     Jackson          Riewoldt
White FB:     Thursfield        Newman

Others:

Yellow: Lids, Paddy, Razor
White:  Polo, Howat, Clingan

The session finished off with goalkicking practice. Set shots, shots on the run directly in front from 50m and then pings from the boundary with David King joining in with a rugby place kick. Lids nailed most of his with his usual aftergoal celebration.

I'll post photos either later tonight or tomorrow when I get time.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #319 on: January 19, 2007, 02:31:23 PM »
Forgot to add that in Simmo's absence the ruckwork was shared between Gus, Knobel, Patto and Razor.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #320 on: January 19, 2007, 03:53:11 PM »
Thanks MT.
How's Cleve Hughes coming along?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #321 on: January 19, 2007, 04:06:32 PM »
How's Cleve Hughes coming along?

I can't say he's been prominent in any of the scratch matches so far but he has been training well and he's bulked up a bit from last year which is pleasing. He's spent a lot of his time in defence this preseason although today he stood at FF for the Whites. Not sure if that means he'll be tried as a defender this year or it's just part of his footy education to learn by playing on other forwards. IMO Clever will still spend most of this year with Coburg with probably a handful of Richmond appearances depending on how many injuries we have.

Online crackertiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #322 on: January 19, 2007, 11:16:04 PM »
Good report MT!

You forgot to mention the speckie that Reiwodlt took, this boy will be a player no doubt about it.

Yes MT that was me you were talking to today, I'm sure we will catch up soon!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #323 on: January 19, 2007, 11:40:22 PM »
Thumbnails: (Click to enlarge)

Richo speckie // Browny going for a speckie // Squad warming up

Criss-cross handball drill // Rehab group - Schulz, Cogs, Kingsley, Hyde, Petersen (obscured) and JON.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #324 on: January 19, 2007, 11:47:09 PM »

Squad after 400m "punishment"

Clingan, Riewoldt, Paddy and Richo // Polo, Browny, Foley and Petts

Hughes // McGuane and Jacko chatting to McRae

Offline Stephanie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I am from Tigerland!
    • My Myspace
« Reply #325 on: January 19, 2007, 11:48:16 PM »
What injury does Peterson have?
When did he do it  ???

Thanks for the photo's  :thumbsup
On victory we strive. Eat 'em alive!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #326 on: January 19, 2007, 11:49:00 PM »

Foley, Krak and King // Lids

Jacko and Meyer // White and Foley

Graham and White // Graham

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #327 on: January 19, 2007, 11:57:19 PM »
What injury does Peterson have?
When did he do it  ???

Petersen has O.P. apparently Steph. He's had it all summer and will head into the year without a preseason behind him.

Offline Stephanie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I am from Tigerland!
    • My Myspace
« Reply #328 on: January 20, 2007, 12:06:12 AM »
Oh ok  :-\  Must of missed hearing about that  :P

Geez Angus Graham is a bit of a runt  :lol
On victory we strive. Eat 'em alive!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #329 on: January 20, 2007, 12:43:54 AM »
Good report MT!

You forgot to mention the speckie that Reiwodlt took, this boy will be a player no doubt about it.

Yes MT that was me you were talking to today, I'm sure we will catch up soon!

Small world crackertiger  :D. I'll probably bump into you at training again in the upcoming weeks.

I had some doubts before we drafted Riewoldt but yep since watching Jack this preseason I've definitely jumped on his bandwagon. I mentioned briefly the grab he did today ;):

"... Riewoldt nabbing (the) first (goal) after a ripper of a strong pack mark. The boy is good  :thumbsup