Author Topic: Tiger Training  (Read 906068 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Tiger Training
« Reply #600 on: May 31, 2007, 01:37:05 PM »
Knobel must be closer to playing than Simmonds
For some reason that doesn't fill me with confidence  :-\.

I don't have a problem with us being extra cautious with Simmo. We should've done it the first time with Simmo instead of rushing him back for the Pies game.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Mopsy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Once a Tiger always a Tiger
« Reply #601 on: May 31, 2007, 07:42:01 PM »

I don't have a problem with us being extra cautious with Simmo. We should've done it the first time with Simmo instead of rushing him back for the Pies game.
Players with height are at a premium with Richmond at the moment.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #602 on: May 31, 2007, 09:31:41 PM »

To win a game at the moment that's very true Mopsy but we're not going to make the finals so no point bringing Simmo back early only for him to break down again. More important that he's ankle is 100% right for preseason training and 2008.

Offline Mopsy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Once a Tiger always a Tiger
« Reply #603 on: June 01, 2007, 03:50:42 AM »

To win a game at the moment that's very true Mopsy but we're not going to make the finals so no point bringing Simmo back early only for him to break down again. More important that he's ankle is 100% right for preseason training and 2008.

I agree with you entirely MT. I am sure that is the feeling at the club also. I expect Knobel will be back into the side before Simmo.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #604 on: June 01, 2007, 02:33:57 PM »
SEN just said everyone got through training this morning and got the all clear. So Browny will play tomorrow for Coburg ressies.

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #605 on: June 01, 2007, 09:28:22 PM »
Yes Channel 10 showed Browny training with the main group.  Big focus also on Richo (don't know about those black tights though :-X)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #606 on: June 02, 2007, 05:37:16 AM »
Big focus also on Richo (don't know about those black tights though :-X)
It's part of our West Side Story gameplan.

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #607 on: June 02, 2007, 08:48:05 AM »
Who gets to be Maria?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #608 on: June 02, 2007, 03:36:45 PM »
Who gets to be Maria?
You need to be a Latino to get that part Julz  :wallywink. Does Richo drive around in a beefed up monaro with fluffy dice lol.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #609 on: June 04, 2007, 04:27:50 PM »
Training times this week:

Thursday, June 7   10.30am   Punt Road Oval

Saturday, June 9  4pm     WACA

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #610 on: June 12, 2007, 04:13:55 PM »
Training times for the week beginning 11/06/07 are:

Wednesday, June 13      11am     Punt Road Oval

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #611 on: June 13, 2007, 12:52:15 PM »
I caught the last bit of training today. The time was changed to 10am and they only did a light session (about an hour if that).

Browny got through and was practising his goalkicking after everyone had gone inside. So he seems to have got through another game without any problems. Craig McRae reckons he's right for a return to AFL.

Simmo was given a good run around after training too. David King, Rawlings and one of the trainers got him doing some ruck taps, contested marking, kick to kick running around. Looks to me that he is ready to go again. It's probably good we have the midseason break now. Simmo can play for Coburg this weekend and depending on how much gametime he gets and how well he pulls up he could even be close to playing against the Dees. If not then definitely the week after going by how he was moving today.

Knobel too got through training. Probably another playing for Coburg this weekend. Not sure how Coburg will go with 4 ruckman lol - Simmo and Knobel joining Ronaldson and Gus.

Newy was in casuals watching from the race. Obviously told to rest this week with his ribs/back injury.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 06:29:33 PM by mightytiges »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #612 on: June 18, 2007, 02:12:44 PM »
Training times this week:

Tuesday, June 19          2pm     Punt Road Oval

Thursday, June 21         2pm     Punt Road Oval

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #613 on: June 19, 2007, 04:41:49 PM »
Just got back from a cold and wet Punt Rd. Training went for about an hour and 40mins.

Absent: Knobel, Hall, Paddy, Cogs and Collins.

Connors, Moore and Cass were in rehab. Connors had a noticable limp. Moore looked like he had one too walking up the race. Clingan was in his training gear as well but didn't join the main group.

Polo was training so he hasn't had his op yet. Didn't do any contact stuff so I'm not sure what's happening with him. He, Newy, Kingy and those that played a full game with Coburg on Sunday only did half the session.

As for main training they began with handball drills in lines of 4. The ball was rolled along the ground and then each line of 4 had to handball from one to the other across the line. I don't think the boys were use to cold wet weather as there was a few fumbles to begin with but the drill improved as they went along. They then remained in their 4 rows for short passing kick to kick.

For the next drill they stood in groups on the corner of the centre square and ran in pairs diagonally. While one player passed the footy, the other had to sprint to get front and sqaure to the marking player and then receive and dish off a handball to the next pair.

Those that played a full game on Sunday then went their separate ways.  The remainder played a two 10-min quarter 11 vs 11 scratch match. I didn't keep scores but it was about 2 goals each. Petts and Krak for the blacks and Richo and Sugar (I think) for the yellows.

In one forward line we had Raines on Browny, Polak on Kingsley and Lids on Petts. The other had Richo and Hughes up forward against Joel and Thursty. Simmo and Patto contested the ruck. The rest rotated through the middle.

After the scratch match, Simmo and Patto joinedd Graham to do some ruck practice with Monkhurst. The rest then did a rebound drill and hitting a lead from the goalsquare. I had to head off so I didn't much of this.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #614 on: June 19, 2007, 05:48:50 PM »
Forgot to mention as showed on Ch 10 news that Patto piffed a footy at Richo as a gag and got him square on the honker giving the big fella a blood nose. Richo is okay though. Lucky he didn't get hit in the crook eye.