Author Topic: Trade targets 2017  (Read 192462 times)

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Trade targets 2017
« Reply #1230 on: October 20, 2017, 06:51:28 PM »
I'd almost guarantee he'll end up in the pre season draft with a 2-3 year offer
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1231 on: October 21, 2017, 01:13:15 PM »
Think it's a pretty safe/obvious bet isn't it? Plus hasn't been out in the open there was a one year offer and Miles was happy to take it but wanted to look around first? Think his manager said as such

Doesn't have to sign anything and can still leave

Until pen is put to paper he is still a chance to leave

Well duh but with the commentary from club and manager I think the safe bet is he will stay...

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1232 on: October 21, 2017, 06:22:54 PM »
Think it's a pretty safe/obvious bet isn't it? Plus hasn't been out in the open there was a one year offer and Miles was happy to take it but wanted to look around first? Think his manager said as such

Doesn't have to sign anything and can still leave

Until pen is put to paper he is still a chance to leave

Well duh but with the commentary from club and manager I think the safe bet is he will stay...

Really?

Thats why the HUN today is running a story today that the club "hope he stays loyal"

Also on Ch7 new laet night suggest a number of clubs are interested in him and no guarantee he will re-sign
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1233 on: October 21, 2017, 06:46:52 PM »
FWIW I heard that he is staying.... :shh (not my usual reliable source).
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1234 on: October 21, 2017, 10:43:21 PM »
Quote from: Muddiemoose
Was lucky enough to meet Kane Lambert today at a friends baby shower (I can post a pick if you need proof)

Told me miles will be at the club next year and we are making a big play for a player next year he wouldn’t eleaborate who

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2017-trade-free-agency-and-list-management-watch-part-3.1179007/page-275#post-53170549

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #1235 on: October 22, 2017, 07:55:05 AM »
That would be Tom Lynch.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1236 on: October 23, 2017, 05:14:29 PM »
Nah it's JON

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #1237 on: October 23, 2017, 05:54:31 PM »
That would be Tom Lynch.
He'll nominate Collingwood. They have the better list....

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1238 on: October 23, 2017, 09:46:23 PM »
That would be Tom Lynch.
He'll nominate Collingwood. They have the better list....

:lol

Touche

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1239 on: October 29, 2017, 05:23:47 PM »
AFL trade evaluation: Richmond

RealSport
by Jarrod Febbraio
Oct 29, 2017

Trade movements

To keep it short and sweet, the Tigers did nothing. A few late swaps of draft picks means that Richmond are looking quite good in terms of the upcoming draft, but in terms of players, there was barely any noise coming out of Tigerland. Maybe their list manager is still recovering from their grand final heroics, but can you blame them?

So what did Richmond actually do?

IN: Picks 20, 25, 53
OUT: Picks 15, 52, 2018 third round draft pick.

These late deals mean a great opportunity to improve their list at the draft, with three picks in the top 25. In terms of what they lost, they really lost nothing. Pick 15 may prove to unlock a 200 game player, but with three early picks, surely Richmond can get this right.

2017 draft order

Richmond have 17, 20, 25, 53, 55, 74, 92, 110 in the 2017 draft.

Three picks in the top 25 is a great return for a team who just won the grand final. For Tiger fans, it may seem good news to see Anthony Miles not leave the club, as he was the only player who was in talks to leave. Miles will accept the one year deal offered to him by the club, and Tiger fans will still feel that there could be a spot for him in the team. A near injury free season for Richmond meant the ball magnet struggled to find a spot in the 22, but next year could be very different.

In terms of players who were in talks to get to Richmond, there was not many. Josh Schache was probably the only player in this category, however Richmond seemed to lose interest quite early in the trade window.

Delistings

Richmond have also parted ways with some of their players who were out of favour and some who just weren’t good enough.

Taylor Hunt

Hunt became the scapegoat in his three years at Richmond, but his performances did not do him many favours. His poor kicking and bad decision making led to his delisting, and it is highly unlikely that he will end up at another AFL club.

Ben Lennon

Just 21 games in four seasons is not something that meets the eye if you are a recruiter, however Ben Lennon did show signs in these games that there is something to work with. Lennon’s biggest downfall was his clear intention to leave the club at the end last season, which led him to become out of favour at Tigerland. I think another club may take a chance with Lennon through the rookie draft. He was not offered a new contract by the Tigers.

Todd Elton

They say big men take a while to develop, but it may seem that Richmond didn’t give Elton the chance to develop. Coming out during the week and expressing that Elton thought he was about to enter his ‘prime’, there may be room for him on another list. Strong VFL form throughout the year shows that he may be at AFL standard.

Jake Batchelor

Jake Batchelor was a solid player for Richmond and at one point was a key member of the side. However, his bad disposal was the reason he was not offered a new contract by Richmond. He finished this season as the experienced head at the back of Richmond’s VFL team, but there may be a chance for him on another list.

Steven Morris

Morris was somewhat of a cult hero at Richmond and somebody they loved having around the club. His hardness at the footy was what all fans loved to see, even if he didn’t get much of the footy. He has been delisted by the Tigers, but has been offered a full time contract at Richmond VFL. Probably a good result for both parties.

Final Word and rating

Richmond clearly didn’t set the world alight, however they lost nobody and they gained picks that are better than what they originally had. Richmond also got rid of the players who simply were not good enough, leaving space for young new talent to come in. My only worry for the Tigers is the fact they brought in nobody where they could use another forward. They are the hunted now and teams will do their best to work out their every tactic. They say you must improve every season, we will see if Richmond have done enough to fit this mold. A positive window nonetheless.

Rating:
B-

https://realsport101.com/news/sports/aussie-rules/afl-trade-evaluation-richmond/

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1240 on: October 29, 2017, 08:52:36 PM »
Todd Elton

They say big men take a while to develop, but it may seem that Richmond didn’t give Elton the chance to develop. Coming out during the week and expressing that Elton thought he was about to enter his ‘prime’, there may be room for him on another list. Strong VFL form throughout the year shows that he may be at AFL standard.

LOL. Didn't give him enough time to develop? Please. Strong VFL form? Please.

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1241 on: October 31, 2017, 08:31:44 AM »
Trent McKenzie anyone?

Worth a crack as delisted free agent?

Could be very damaging if he can regain his form.

dwaino

« Reply #1242 on: October 31, 2017, 10:24:51 AM »
Trent McKenzie was one of the ones I really liked at the Suns early on. Thought he was a ripper and don’t know why he faded away. Great kick but not sure what else anymore. Doesn’t say much when you get delisted by the Suns.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1243 on: October 31, 2017, 08:25:26 PM »
Trent McKenzie was one of the ones I really liked at the Suns early on. Thought he was a ripper and don’t know why he faded away. Great kick but not sure what else anymore. Doesn’t say much when you get delisted by the Suns.

Agree. I read somewhere here that he's good mates with Tom Lynch. From memory that comment was followed by a  :shh so Dio can confirm that  ;D
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1244 on: October 31, 2017, 08:57:43 PM »
Would take McKenzie alot of upside

Delisted FA starts tomorrow

Interesting times ahead
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)