Author Topic: Trade targets 2017  (Read 190466 times)

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: Trade targets 2017
« Reply #150 on: May 22, 2017, 10:54:43 PM »
Steven May from GC out of contract at years end? If so, would make him a massive offer.

Forget Schache - go for Reid and May

I like this idea but what's the bet we've already put all our eggs in one basket and promised Schache we'll take him? Plus it's clear the club is now more desperate for another KPF and seem the think that our KPD situation is all hunky dory.....
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 11:19:00 PM by Diocletian »
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #151 on: May 23, 2017, 12:44:02 AM »
In their defence our KPD is better than our KPF :help

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #152 on: May 23, 2017, 01:19:14 AM »
Only marginally....we'd be just as stuffed if not moreso, if Rance goes down as we would be if Riewoldt did....our back up is basically just Garthwaite, Batchelor & Broad....though Elton, Griffiths, Moore & Chol have all played down there at various stages.....I'd say at least three of those seven will be delisted at the end of the year and that's not counting Griffiths' possible early retirement..
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #153 on: May 23, 2017, 07:51:25 AM »
If we get May we could send Astbury forward

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #154 on: May 23, 2017, 12:02:22 PM »

May not be the answer FWD but I was thinking this. Would at least provide a stop gap swingman until we actually get more KPD and KPF

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #155 on: May 23, 2017, 02:13:23 PM »

May not be the answer FWD but I was thinking this. Would at least provide a stop gap swingman until we actually get more KPD and KPF

Harry Taylor thread. He did join us as a key forward
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Josh Schache granted midseason 'rest' leave by Brisbane (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #156 on: May 25, 2017, 04:17:19 AM »
Josh Schache trade rumours: Richmond, Carlton, Collingwood, granted leave by Brisbane Lions

JON RALPH and JAY CLARK
Herald Sun
25 May 2017

JOSH Schache’s manager says his mid-season rest from all football will help him recharge his batteries and is not a contract ultimatum.

The much-scrutinised key forward has returned to Victorian country town Seymour with his family and won’t play NEAFL this weekend.

The Lions NEAFL side has a bye the following week, which gives him several weeks of rest before attacking the second half of the year.

He collected only four possessions last week in the second-tier competition and looked flat and tired as his contract impasse grows.

But his manager David Trotter told the Herald Sun on Wednesday his break was consistent with the Lions’ policy with their younger players.

Last year’s top-five selection Hugh McCluggage was also rested recently given the demands of football.

The Lions have put forward a contract offer to the No.2 pick of the 2015 draft but he is content to allow the season to continue before considering his future.

Richmond has confirmed its interest in the left-footed key forward, while Carlton’s Andrew McKay said this week the club wanted to bolster its key forward stocks.

“It is more than they are giving him a rest because everyone watching him play, he looks a bit fatigued. They did it with McCluggage and they will do it with a few of their other youngsters,’’ Trotter said.

“They said is this something that will help him? His mum and brother were up on the weekend and they said why don’t you just go home with them? It is not related to his contract.”

Brisbane football boss David Noble said Schache’s break had nothing to do with his contract situation.

“It’s just a rest program. He is having a few days back home, it’s absolutely not a case of him having two weeks to make a decision on his contract, it’s nothing to do with it,” Noble told the Herald Sun.

“His form is not great, he is a bit worn out and we have to manage these young guys with their loads, so we said go home for a few days and come back next week.

“We have never had a time limit (on a decision) or anything like that. We are in constant dialogue with his manager David Trotter.”

Trotter is adamant he has never talked figures with interested parties despite reports the Tigers could offer him $700,000 a season.

Brisbane Lions legend Jonathan Brown said this week the club had to pay Schache whatever it took to retain him given the recent exodus of star talent.

But fellow triple premiership player Alastair Lynch said on Wednesday that approach only had an inflationary effect on the club’s list.

Lions chief executive Greg Swann has bemoaned the line-up of player managers requesting extra cash for their players to stay in the state.

But AFL footballer operations manager Simon Lethlean says there is no chance of a salary cap dispensation to help the Lions retain players in the state.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/brisbane/josh-schache-granted-leave-by-brisbane-but-its-not-related-to-his-contract-status-his-manager-says/news-story/bdd519dee837c465ea67a9c3dae87ab1

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #157 on: May 26, 2017, 10:31:21 PM »
sam reid injured again.

hopefully the club has better ideas than to trade for this guy.

seems a dud to me.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #158 on: May 27, 2017, 11:53:19 PM »
SEN just said Richmond has shown interest in poaching Hawk Jack Gunston.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #159 on: May 28, 2017, 08:43:57 AM »
Who would have thought we need another key forward

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #160 on: May 28, 2017, 09:06:45 AM »
Gunston could be handy but he's more of a 3rd tall and lightly framed.
We need to go for a gorilla kpf, pack crashing, intimidating. Whether that be draft or trade.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #161 on: May 29, 2017, 09:21:35 PM »
Mitch Cleary speaks EXCLUSIVELY with Josh Schache on Footy Classifield tonight as rumours continue to circulate around his future.

#9FootyClassified from 9.10pm.

https://twitter.com/FootyClassified/status/869124593516068864

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #162 on: May 30, 2017, 05:32:48 AM »
"He hasn't been shopping me, he hasn't been doing anything wrong" - Schache on his manager.

VIDEO: https://twitter.com/FootyClassified/status/869162521160105984

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #163 on: May 30, 2017, 06:50:48 AM »
"He hasn't been shopping me, he hasn't been doing anything wrong" - Schache on his manager.

VIDEO: https://twitter.com/FootyClassified/status/869162521160105984

Schache just looked like a kid who's miserable

Didn't sound convincing about anything

Felt sorry for him, he's just a kid
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #164 on: May 30, 2017, 08:18:22 AM »
Agreed, some people can handle it better than others. Feel sorry for him. But then again I also think, you were lucky enough to get drafted mate, if you're set on leaving atleast honour the games you have left at Brisbane.
Gotta feel for Brisbane honestly. No one wants to get drafted there. I know a kid who got drafted there last year from Vic, haven't spoken to him but I bet he'll be coming home asap.
How are they meant to remain competitive when they're draftees go home after 2 years. And then the picks they get for trading him will probably also wanna go home after they are drafted.
Would all these players still want to go home if Brisbane had the success and culture of say hawthorn the last decade?