Author Topic: Trade targets 2017  (Read 192754 times)

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Trade targets 2017
« Reply #525 on: August 17, 2017, 05:13:21 PM »
I'm very interested in getting Watts.

Focussed, committed, loaded, looks good for her age and seems to really enjoy a contest from what I've seen.

Naomi Watts that is...............I wouldn't touch the other one for quids

:lol

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #526 on: August 17, 2017, 10:01:08 PM »
Contrary to popular belief Richmond has not tabled and offer to Casboult whos stats are better than Reid's at the Swans.

https://twitter.com/rickynixontoot/status/898112509650935808

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #527 on: August 17, 2017, 10:04:52 PM »
Well, someones got to pay for that! >:(
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #528 on: August 18, 2017, 05:53:06 PM »
One who has not been given any sort of go and hence has not done a lot  is Fraser McInnes. 197CM 96KG Takes a strong grab and he really does compete well in the air.
He will probably get delisted with the idiot coach simpson in charge.
Would be hellcheap or nothing would not mind us having a good look at him with either a cheap trade  late nd  or rookie pick. if he works out great and if he didnt what do we lose.
Every time ive seen him play he has done okay.
The other tall eagle i really like is Barass but not much chance of prizing him away but i would not let that stop me from trying.

Andrews a 200cm kpd wtf eh  and McStay a kpf  at Brisbane, be good to prise one of them away as stated Brissie have a plethora of talls.

Would be great to get our hands on a player like Balter Naughton or Allen in the nd.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #529 on: August 18, 2017, 06:11:17 PM »

Andrews a 200cm kpd wtf eh  and McStay a kpf  at Brisbane, be good to prise one of them away as stated Brissie have a plethora of talls.

Would be great to get our hands on a player like Balter Naughton or Allen in the nd.

Especially if they take their academy KP pick. What's his name again?
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #530 on: August 18, 2017, 11:06:10 PM »
Mc Govern?

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #531 on: August 19, 2017, 12:01:23 PM »
If we can somehow land McGovern or Lever I will wet myself in excitement

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #532 on: August 19, 2017, 11:57:40 PM »
Not  player that we would be interested in I assume, but strong rumours in the West that Chris Masten will be looking for a new home this offseason.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Mason Cox contract: Hawks, Tigers eye Collingwood big man (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #533 on: August 21, 2017, 09:27:10 PM »
Mason Cox contract: Hawks, Tigers eye Collingwood big man

JAY CLARK,
Herald Sun
22 August 2017

COLLINGWOOD could face a fight to keep Mason Cox as rivals circle the 211cm big man.

Hawthorn and Richmond are both believed to have an interest in the American to help bolster their ruck-forward stocks.

The Magpies have offered Cox a two-year deal and are confident he will continue to develop rapidly at the club after 17 goals from 11 games last season.

But Cox, 26, is eager for more senior game time and faces a big decision on whether to pursue a No.1 ruck-forward role at another club next year.

Cox is stuck behind No. 1 ruckman Brodie Grundy, who will reclaim the spot on Saturday against Melbourne and has signed a three-year contract extension.

It means Cox will likely assess his trade options in the coming weeks as the Hawks and Tigers scour the player market for versatile talls.

The uncertainty surrounding Nathan Buckley’s position has also clouded Cox’s decision with the senior coach still in the dark about his own future beyond this season.

Cox struggled to have an impact in the early part of the season as a key forward but has shown encouraging form in the ruck during Grundy’s suspension over the past fortnight.

The former American basketballer had 43 hit-outs, eight tackles, nine possessions and six marks in their 11-point loss to Geelong on Saturday at the MCG in one of the best games of his 19-match career.

But Grundy will resume the lead ruck role this weekend and has signed a $625,000 a year contract offer to lead the Magpies’ midfield until the end of 2020.

Grundy’s deal is expected to be announced this week.

The Pies can ill-afford to lose Cox after fighting off rival interest to secure him with pick 60 in the 2015 rookie draft.
Mason Cox impressed against the Cats at the weekend. Picture: Getty Images

Collingwood was caught short in the key forward department this year and has been forced to swing Ben Reid into attack to help support Darcy Moore.

Collingwood is also expected to make a strong play for Gold Coast spearhead Tom Lynch when the prized goalkicker becomes a free agent at the end of next year.

Cox has booted eight goals from eight senior matches this season.

Richmond wants a tall forward to combine with Jack Riewoldt, who has close links to Cox through former Collingwood development guru, Craig McRae, the Tigers’ VFL coach.

Hawthorn re-signed senior ruckman Ben McEvoy, 28, last week but the club’s back-up ruck options are led by out-of-favour ex-Tiger Tyrone Vickery, knee victim Jon Ceglar and rookie Jack Fitzpatrick.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/mason-cox-weighing-up-future-with-collingwood-as-hawthorn-and-richmond-eye-big-man/news-story/7e33911aeb5d1884779e9fb17ab6b005

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #534 on: August 22, 2017, 04:14:44 PM »
Lose Martin, gain Cox & Tippett....best off-season ever.... :clapping :gotigers :clapping
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #535 on: August 23, 2017, 04:30:26 PM »
What about Ben Brown? I think he will be out of contract end of this year?

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #536 on: August 23, 2017, 04:47:59 PM »
End of next year....
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #537 on: August 23, 2017, 08:17:46 PM »
Good luck keeping him Norf
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #538 on: August 23, 2017, 08:46:39 PM »
If he goes turn all attention to Hopper. 

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #539 on: August 23, 2017, 10:51:51 PM »
Let's face it, it doesn't matter who we pick up, our midfield would be very average if you take Dusty out.