Author Topic: Melbourne terror attack foiled - Xmas day 2016  (Read 9682 times)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Melbourne terror attack foiled - Xmas day 2016
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2016, 03:27:05 PM »
my primary thought is "WTF is he?"
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2016, 03:39:23 PM »
my primary thought is "WTF is he?"

Oh cmon
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2016, 03:42:10 PM »
truely, never heard of him till now.

but it seems he was one clued up dude

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2016, 03:57:16 PM »
 :lol put this bloke in his place

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HG0yH6Jtp0

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2016, 04:47:27 PM »
"Sliding doors moment.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2016, 07:30:06 PM »
and like I said, it does in the old testament, and Geez said that the laws of the old testament still apply, so you are the one sugar coating it so you can spread hatred, intolerance and division, which stragngely enough seems to be the part of the bible that doesnt count

When it's all said and done, you are just another war mongering religious zealot
Sorry Al, You are wrong.
Geez fulfills all the law and the prophets in the Old Testament.

“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished. Matthew 5:17-18 | ESV
After this, Geez, knowing that all was now finished, said (to fulfill the Scripture), “I thirst.” A jar full of sour wine stood there, so they put a sponge full of the sour wine on a hyssop branch and held it to His mouth. When Geez had received the sour wine, He said, “It is finished,” and He bowed His head and gave up His Spirit. John 19:28-30 | ESV

How am I spreading hatred? Where have I stated I hated anyone? Where have I preached hate? (besides Carlton  ;)). Where have I stated anywhere in this thread that I hate anyone? I was just stating my opinion from scripture that I've read in my Koran.
It's not hate to highlight wrong and inconsistency within any religion or ideology.

I can't say it's wrong to abuse women? I can't say it's wrong for any Christian to molest children?  It's abhorrent and I think we all should be shouting out how wrong it is especially if it's in the name of god.

The club that keeps giving.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2016, 08:58:13 PM »
gotta love the modern feel good versions with words changed to help justify poo

try the literal translation?
17 'Do not suppose that I came to throw down the law or the prophets -- I did not come to throw down, but to fulfill;
18 for, verily I say to you, till that the heaven and the earth may pass away, one iota or one tittle may not pass away from the law, till that all may come to pass.

19 `Whoever therefore may loose one of these commands -- the least -- and may teach men so, least he shall be called in the reign of the heavens, but whoever may do and may teach [them], he shall be called great in the reign of the heavens.

Where does "accomplish" come from? That reads to me more like until the end of everything. no mention of some vaugue thing being accomplished.

Are laws something you can full fill then abandon?
What you are claiming makes no sense

After this, Geez knowing that all things now have been finished, that the Writing may be fulfilled, saith, `I thirst;'

The bloke knew he'd run his race. no reference to the heavens and earth, or everything, passing. The earlier verses refer to prophets and laws. "Writing" is vaugue, but context gives a pretty good indication. I'm pretty sure that upon his crucifixion, Geez did not have everything from the old testament accomplished any ways, if he had he wouldn't have been crucified?

That is just clutching at straws, and your quote clearly shows that old testament was not to be ignored.

and it is easier to the heaven and the earth to pass away, than of the law one tittle to fall.
again another mention of the laws lasting until everything is gone.

Don't bother with any bible that doesn't call Yahweh by his correct name. These constantly gets changed in an attempt to adapt to the times and still be relevant

I've actually answered the rest of the irrational dribble already, but just to reiterate, there is no problem with pointing out the wrongs and issues that arise from institutions based on blind faith, but when you are clearly a person of blind faith yourself and you choose to only highlight those from other religions while ignoring those from your own, as if you are somehow better, it is spreading hatred. when you try to blame the evil that is entrenched in humans on one particular religion, it is spreading hatred, because this is exactly how the mentals work, and they are the epitomy of evil. What you will never understand is they want Christians to spread this hatred and mistrust, because that is what perpetuates the cycle.

Onwards Christian Solders hey?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2017, 04:51:03 AM »
Like I said. There is NO place in the New Testament that tells Christians to fight to force Gods rule on earth.
I went to Catholic schools where there was a compulsory religious education subject. The Old Testament was taught on an equal footing to the New Testament from early primary school age and events in the Bible including Genesis were all treated as things that actually happened. We were also taught the Church's (anti) views on abortion and contraception (which wasn't allowed to be taught or discussed in class). Evolution was forbidden as well and dismissed as simply "people who believe we come from monkeys" :facepalm. The religion's leadership and fundamentalist followers hold strict unwavering views about these topics, often despite scientific evidence to the contrary. Yep, nothing politically ideological about it  :whistle.

You can sugar coat it all you like but I am just stating the truth about Islam ideology.
It's unlike any other major religion in its ideology in that it specifically tells Muslims to kill in the name of Allah those that don't conform to the teachings of Allah in the Koran or the Hadith.
I'm saying all religions, which obviously includes Islam and Christianity, are bogus ancient mysticism used by hardcore followers for political purposes and ultimately power and self-interest. I'm not sure how that is sugar coating things :huh3. I'm not the one playing favourites. Their 'scriptures' are a mixture of twisted biased self-promotional versions of history, contemporary beliefs that we now know are false, and just plain ignorant rubbish made up and passed down from one generation to the next without question.

Ultimately, each religion was an attempt by our ancient ancestors in different parts of the globe to explain the world around them in primitive terms that they could comprehend including a socio-political order. We now know all these 'attempts' were flawed down to just plain incorrect in their explanations as well as abused to obtain power and to commit evil/destructive acts in practice that held humanity back. We also now know that there are perfectly rational and scientific explanations for how the universe including ourselves came to exist and for why certain behaviours are advantageous or destructive.

For instance, we don't steal because some bloke thousand of years ago went up a mountain and believed a divine being disguised as a burning bush told him not to steal or else you'll rot in hell in the afterlife. Instead, not stealing from each other allows us to leave our posessions in one place for when we return and do something else elsewhere. It's advantageous to us. It's constructive behaviour. It makes us more productive both as individuals and as a society. It advances us as a species. The same goes for not killing each other, etc. Conversely, stealing, killing, etc... is destructive beheaviour both at an individual and society level and ultimately we would regress as a species.

The great irony is political/religious conservative types love to accuse anyone who disagrees with them of being apologists who undermine Western values (see the Herald-Sun again today). Yet, it them that are undermining the very fundamental values needed for a constructive and cohesive society by basing the existence for such values on ancient imaginary supernatural fairytales, rather than teaching these values as being part of human evolution, necessary for progress, and ultimately in all our own long-term self-interest and benefit as human individuals and as a human society. Of course, we all know these political/religious conservative types push their divisive archaic dogma instead for their own self-interest and their side's political agenda. You can't separate any religion from political ideology.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Ruanaidh

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2017, 07:48:40 AM »
The obfuscative relativist  'argument' is a tool of those who have already lost the debate. Those who operate in objective reality are informed by history and see the physical application of the Hijrah occuring throughout the West in action - here and now. Demographic modelling predicts the inevitable supplanting if left unchecked. The question is: Do you want your child and/or grandchild to live in an Islamic Caliphate administered under Sharia law or a Democracy which is based on the Western Tradition? I of course want the latter and to that end would cease Muslim immigration immediately. I would also frame up a pledge to our traditions/laws that would have to be agreed to by any would be immigrant. Failure to abide by that agreement at any stage would mean immediate deportation. I would also have our own version of Guantanamo Bay for perpetrators and if need be - their apologists. Martel, Charlemagne, Princess Isabella and countless millions freed Europe from the Islamic yolk  through force only, always remember that.

A little bit of interactive History: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7y2LRcf4kc
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 08:48:10 AM by Ruanaidh »

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2017, 09:37:21 AM »
Not a fan of religion or modern politics. I think science inevitably will be able to explain everything.

In my mind I kind of revert back to a broader perspective as a starting point whenever these soughts of theological debates occur.  Perhaps its in human nature to be greedy and dominant over each other. Perhaps we are wired that way, for better or for worse. But there is something more rational within most of us which tempers collective wrongs.

We have many big problems as a species. But we have also come a long long way. We have shown a ridiculous tolerance to adversity, and our adaptibilty is strong.

We can pretty much thrive in any climate and eat just about anything. 21st century morality is a result of a departure from religious scripture. Equality for women and people of all race. Being kind to animals. The abolishment of slavery. Etc etc.

It would be interesting to benchmark our problems, actions and our achievements against other civilisations in the universe. Perhaps our problems are blessings in disguise from a species perspective, and the harsh lessons we need to learn before becoming anything but semi-evolved primates.

"Sliding doors moment.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2017, 11:22:22 AM »
The obfuscative relativist  'argument' is a tool of those who have already lost the debate. Those who operate in objective reality are informed by history and see the physical application of the Hijrah occuring throughout the West in action - here and now. Demographic modelling predicts the inevitable supplanting if left unchecked. The question is: Do you want your child and/or grandchild to live in an Islamic Caliphate administered under Sharia law or a Democracy which is based on the Western Tradition? I of course want the latter and to that end would cease Muslim immigration immediately. I would also frame up a pledge to our traditions/laws that would have to be agreed to by any would be immigrant. Failure to abide by that agreement at any stage would mean immediate deportation. I would also have our own version of Guantanamo Bay for perpetrators and if need be - their apologists. Martel, Charlemagne, Princess Isabella and countless millions freed Europe from the Islamic yolk  through force only, always remember that.

A little bit of interactive History: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7y2LRcf4kc
lol bring on the crusades.

Do you want your child and/or grandchild to live in an Islamic Caliphate administered under Sharia law or a Democracy which is based on the Western Tradition?
what a load of ignorant scare mongering claptrap.

No person in their right mind would want their children to live under any extremist religion based dictatorship, and luckily, being a secular country, our constitution prohibits any religion being forced upon, or denied to our citizens.

This is the great irony of the ignorant Hansen think tankers who call for a ban on islam. It would require changing of the very part of constitution that actually protects them from their fears, so that it allows them.

and WTF is western tradition?

Ruanaidh

« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2017, 09:37:34 PM »

Do you want your child and/or grandchild to live in an Islamic Caliphate administered under Sharia law or a Democracy which is based on the Western Tradition?

No person in their right mind would want their children to live under any extremist religion based dictatorship, and luckily, being a secular country, our constitution prohibits any religion being forced upon, or denied to our citizens.

This is the great irony of the ignorant Hansen think tankers who call for a ban on islam. It would require changing of the very part of constitution that actually protects them from their fears, so that it allows them.

The last sentence displays a severe lack of knowledge and a lazy unwillingness to attain it. Whilst a belief that the laws of a country, not the force of arms, will protect you is in the realm of childhood delusion. You have all the attributes of a recent BA graduate.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2017, 02:22:57 PM »
Not a fan of religion or modern politics. I think science inevitably will be able to explain everything.

In my mind I kind of revert back to a broader perspective as a starting point whenever these soughts of theological debates occur.  Perhaps its in human nature to be greedy and dominant over each other. Perhaps we are wired that way, for better or for worse. But there is something more rational within most of us which tempers collective wrongs.

We have many big problems as a species. But we have also come a long long way. We have shown a ridiculous tolerance to adversity, and our adaptibilty is strong.

We can pretty much thrive in any climate and eat just about anything. 21st century morality is a result of a departure from religious scripture. Equality for women and people of all race. Being kind to animals. The abolishment of slavery. Etc etc.

It would be interesting to benchmark our problems, actions and our achievements against other civilisations in the universe. Perhaps our problems are blessings in disguise from a species perspective, and the harsh lessons we need to learn before becoming anything but semi-evolved primates.
Good post Dooks, and not just because I agree with it. I particularly liked your comment referring to the incompatibility of reason and superstition.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2017, 03:09:02 PM »

The last sentence displays a severe lack of knowledge and a lazy unwillingness to attain it. Whilst a belief that the laws of a country, not the force of arms, will protect you is in the realm of childhood delusion. You have all the attributes of a recent BA graduate.
nice deflection on the question. where do i find the knowledge to be able define what Western Tradition actually is? Actually if you knew the answer to that you may have actually answered the other question.

Whilst a belief that the laws of a country, not the force of arms, will protect you is in the realm of childhood delusion.
lol yet another who resorts to irrational assumptions of what someone who disagrees with them actually thinks. Welcome to the world of wat

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2017, 05:55:55 PM »
Clearly, western tradition, so to speak, is everything they hate about us.

It's still "us" right?
Caracella and Balmey.