Author Topic: Melbourne terror attack foiled - Xmas day 2016  (Read 9683 times)

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Melbourne terror attack foiled - Xmas day 2016
« on: December 23, 2016, 06:13:51 PM »
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Re: Melbourne terror attack foiled - Xmas day 2016
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2016, 06:22:16 PM »
Too early to say.

Details need analysis
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2016, 07:57:20 PM »
sounds like something we need to get the crime fighting bikie gangs clubs in to clean up for society
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2016, 10:46:27 AM »
Islam is mostly a political ideology.
https://www.politicalislam.com/about/

If you have doubts, I encourage anyone to have a look at this YouTube video
https://youtu.be/m0b46I8fmkQ
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2016, 02:49:39 PM »
lol

what sort of ideology is Christianity?

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2016, 12:34:54 AM »
lol

For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give His life as a ransom for many.” Mark 10:45 | NLT.
But God showed His great love for us by sending Geez to die for us while we were still sinners. Romans 5:8 | NLT
The Gospel message IS the ideology of Christianity. It is repeated throughout that Geez died to save sinners. He calls us to faith to believe in His finished work on the cross for our salvation and eternal life with Him.

It's NOT political. Geez said that His Kingdom is not of this world. John 18:36.
He even stopped His own disciple from taking up the sword to fight those that came to arrest Him. Matt 26:51-52.

Christianity is nothing like Islam in its ideology as it is NOT political.

Are you an apologist for Islam now? Can you prove that Islam isn't essentially a political ideology and not a religion of peace that they claim?
Please enlighten me if I am wrong about Islam.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2016, 04:46:22 AM »
lol

For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give His life as a ransom for many.” Mark 10:45 | NLT.
But God showed His great love for us by sending Geez to die for us while we were still sinners. Romans 5:8 | NLT
The Gospel message IS the ideology of Christianity. It is repeated throughout that Geez died to save sinners. He calls us to faith to believe in His finished work on the cross for our salvation and eternal life with Him.

It's NOT political. Geez said that His Kingdom is not of this world. John 18:36.
He even stopped His own disciple from taking up the sword to fight those that came to arrest Him. Matt 26:51-52.

Are you an apologist for Islam now? Can you prove that Islam isn't essentially a political ideology and not a religion of peace that they claim?

History shows all religion has been and is entwined with political ideology. It wouldn't still exist otherwise. Fundamentalist followers cherry picking and manipulating interpretations from their particular scripture to endorse their own socio-political views and to use, abuse and justify their own actions to impose and enforce such views.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2016, 09:29:02 AM »
yep, sums it up nicely.

I am not an apologist for any religion at all.

When people try to claim that other religions are worse than theirs (or theirs is better), it sums the whole problem with religion.

They can cherry pick to claim how good theirs is, while spreading hatred and intolerance towards others. If you can spread hatred by using religion, your religion sucks arse big time, and you Mr. Tigritis spend lots of effort into telling the world how bad the others are. In that sense, you are no different to them. You are part of the problem.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2016, 10:03:38 AM »
lol

History shows all religion has been and is entwined with political ideology. It wouldn't still exist otherwise. Fundamentalist followers cherry picking and manipulating interpretations from their particular scripture to endorse their own socio-political views and to use, abuse and justify their own actions to impose and enforce such views.
This is true MT. Corrupt people can corrupt what is good no doubt about that.

But what people don't realise is that Islam is predominantly political.
It teaches this in its sacred texts. It teaches subjugation, sharia & what to do to the kafir (unbelievers).

Did you watch the links I sent?

Christianity does NOT teach a political ideology. Geez taught to love your enemies and pray for those that persecute you. Matt 5:44.
He said to do unto others what you would have them do to you. Matt 7:12.

The Apostle Paul teaches us to pray for our leaders.
  "I urge you, first of all, to pray for all people. Ask God to help them; intercede on their behalf, and give thanks for them. Pray this way for kings and all who are in authority so that we can live peaceful and quiet lives marked by godliness and dignity. This is good and pleases God our Savior, who wants everyone to be saved and to understand the truth."
1 Timothy 2:1-4 | NLT

The bible teaches us that our fight isn't physical but a spiritual fight.
"For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places."Ephesians 6:12|NLT

There's NO place in the New Testament that teaches Christians to fight to force Gods rule on earth.
But it teaches perseverance amidst suffering knowing that even in death there is victory. 1 Cor 15:55

The majority of people that profess Christianity haven't even seen the contents of the bible or understand what's written in it or taken the time to read it but most just enjoy the religious traditions.
I guess this is the same for many Muslims. That haven't read the true tenants of the sacred texts but enjoy the many traditions the religion has.

The issue is when Muslims do decide to study the sacred text of Islam - that's when you'll get this ....

These people will even kill their own because the sacred texts tell them to do this if they are not fighting for Allah.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2016, 11:08:35 AM »
yep, sums it up nicely.

I am not an apologist for any religion at all.

When people try to claim that other religions are worse than theirs (or theirs is better), it sums the whole problem with religion.

They can cherry pick to claim how good theirs is, while spreading hatred and intolerance towards others. If you can spread hatred by using religion, your religion sucks arse big time, and you Mr. Tigritis spend lots of effort into telling the world how bad the others are. In that sense, you are no different to them. You are part of the problem.
You sound like just like Waleed Ali. Let's call everyone haters that speaks out against Islamic atrocities.

Why is it wrong to criticise wrong done in this world? Especially if it's in the name of religion or a god?

Haven't we the right to speak out against atrocities and ideologies that wish to subjugate especially if it's in the name of any religion?

Why is is hatred when we speak up against an ideology of hate?

Bhudism, Hinduism, Baha'i or Christianity are not political in their teachings. Islam is.
I don't hate any Muslims but I want to understand why some are willing to behead even their own people.
The fundamental problem with Islam is the ideology. It's predominantly political and its teachings are plain for anyone to read.
Why is what I said spreading hatred? Why is it wrong to question why people are wanting to blow up others in the name of any god?

Can you inform me otherwise in regards to Islam? Please do if you are able. And please answer any of my other questions.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2016, 01:49:22 PM »
there is nothing wrong with speaking out about wrong doings. the problem is when you attribute those wrongs to a specific religion.

These people would be doing the same things in the name of something else if they were a different religion.

By blaming a specific religion, or religion in general for the sick poo that humans do is ignoring that this is in human nature. we have been doing evil things to each other through all our history. Sometimes it happens in the name of religion, but religion aint the cause, its the excuse, the reasoning and the tool.

Its like blaming Christianity for paedophilia

If you blame the religion you are not only looking in the wrong spot for a solution, but you are thinking in exactly the same way as the mentals .

How do you you think they recruit? by finding disinfranchised people and convincing them that Westerners/Christians are to blame. When people sprout that islam is the problem, it makes the recruiters job a little bit easier to convince who to blame.

Make no mistake, if the disinfranchied were Christian, there is plenty in the Old Testament that can be used justify the committing evil and barbaric acts,

Jast as when the Barbaric Hordes invaded and destroyed the the most advanced and civilised people on the planet during the crusades

as for this "i only believe the new age testament hippie crap," Geez said himself the the laws of the old testament were to be obeyed. Thats just not convenient for some has it cant hide the atrocities, the rape, the thievery, the lies and deceit made in the name of Yahweh or by Yahweh's chosen people that litters the old testament.

Of which one law is not to eat pork. So ironic that it is a mainstay of the Christianised pagan festival we just had.

It's also ironic that christianity and capatilism now go so hand in hand, and yet it is most probably JCs objection to such a thing that led to him being crucified

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2016, 02:00:25 PM »
lol

This is true MT. Corrupt people can corrupt what is good no doubt about that.

But what people don't realise is that Islam is predominantly political.
It teaches this in its sacred texts. It teaches subjugation, sharia & what to do to the kafir (unbelievers).

Did you watch the links I sent?
I'm not disputing what's written in the Koran and the Hadith. There is some crazy stuff in it. The problem is how it is interpreted and by whom (same goes for all religions). Many Muslims ignore these violent passages because to them they have a historical context such that these passages apply to the earliest time of Islam (mid 7th century) rather than now. Initially, Muslims were not allowed to fight back and defend themselves against persecution. Then "miraculously" new passages were recited to justify fighting back [obviously numbers were dwindling trying to initially hold such a purest non-violent stance]. On the hand, a fundamentalist Muslim will just take these passages as literal and go around killing infidel and even other Muslims who don't subscribe to the fundamentalist interpretation. Salafism (Wahabism in Saudi Arabia), for example, is one of these fundamentalist interpretations and the one ISIS subscribes to. It didn't exist though until the 18th century as a response to fighting against European colonisation.   

I'm not defending Islam (it's a load of ancient mysticism to me). I'm saying other religions are no better. History shows this.

Christianity does NOT teach a political ideology. Geez taught to love your enemies and pray for those that persecute you. Matt 5:44.
He said to do unto others what you would have them do to you. Matt 7:12.

The Apostle Paul teaches us to pray for our leaders.
  "I urge you, first of all, to pray for all people. Ask God to help them; intercede on their behalf, and give thanks for them. Pray this way for kings and all who are in authority so that we can live peaceful and quiet lives marked by godliness and dignity. This is good and pleases God our Savior, who wants everyone to be saved and to understand the truth."
1 Timothy 2:1-4 | NLT

The bible teaches us that our fight isn't physical but a spiritual fight.
"For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places."Ephesians 6:12|NLT

There's NO place in the New Testament that teaches Christians to fight to force Gods rule on earth.
But it teaches perseverance amidst suffering knowing that even in death there is victory. 1 Cor 15:55
The Old Testament does though. Leviticus and Deuteronomy contain violent and other barbaric endorsing passages.

6 If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods” (gods that neither you nor your ancestors have known, 7 gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other), 8 do not yield to them or listen to them. Show them no pity. Do not spare them or shield them. 9 You must certainly put them to death. Your hand must be the first in putting them to death, and then the hands of all the people. 10 Stone them to death, because they tried to turn you away from the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. - Deuteronomy 13:6-10

Secondly, certain passages in the New Testament have been used over the course of history to justify persecution and killing. The phrase "the Jews (who) killed the Lord Geez" has been twisted and abused over the centuries to justify anti-Semitism.

For you, brothers and sisters, became imitators of God’s churches in Judea, which are in Geez Geez: You suffered from your own people the same things those churches suffered from the Jews who killed the Lord Geez and the prophets and also drove us out. They displease God and are hostile to everyone in their effort to keep us from speaking to the Gentiles so that they may be saved. In this way they always heap up their sins to the limit. The wrath of God has come upon them at last.
- 1 Thessalonians 2:14-16

I remember as a kid that the Gospel according to John also described the Jews as killing Geez (compared to Matthew, Mark and Luke gospels who blamed the religious authorities instead rather than stating the Jews as a whole).

Now, there's also a historical context to these passages but religious whackos and bigots don't care.

The majority of people that profess Christianity haven't even seen the contents of the bible or understand what's written in it or taken the time to read it but most just enjoy the religious traditions.
I guess this is the same for many Muslims. That haven't read the true tenants of the sacred texts but enjoy the many traditions the religion has.

The issue is when Muslims do decide to study the sacred text of Islam - that's when you'll get this ....

These people will even kill their own because the sacred texts tell them to do this if they are not fighting for Allah.
It's interpretation rather than knowledge of the existence of such text that's the problem. As I said, Salafists (Sunni extremists and fundamentalists) treat the Koran as literally as the word of God/Allah. The hardcore literal religious types are always the nutjobs. You only have to go to certain parts of the USA to find the so-called "Christian" equivalent (Westboro Baptist Church).

At the end of the day, religion (all forms) can be used to justify anything and everything. Just another man-made (up) tool from long ago by our human ancestors who were mostly uneducated and/or illiterate by today's standards, that can used for good or evil. It all depends on views of the individual/group involved.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2016, 03:04:01 AM »
Like I said. There is NO place in the New Testament that tells Christians to fight to force Gods rule on earth.

You can sugar coat it all you like but I am just stating the truth about Islam ideology.
It's unlike any other major religion in its ideology in that it specifically tells Muslims to kill in the name of Allah those that don't conform to the teachings of Allah in the Koran or the Hadith.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2016, 07:59:33 AM »
and like I said, it does in the old testament, and Geez said that the laws of the old testament still apply, so you are the one sugar coating it so you can spread hatred, intolerance and division, which stragngely enough seems to be the part of the bible that doesnt count

When it's all said and done, you are just another war mongering religious zealot

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2016, 08:42:20 AM »
and like I said, it does in the old testament, and Geez said that the laws of the old testament still apply, so you are the one sugar coating it so you can spread hatred, intolerance and division, which stragngely enough seems to be the part of the bible that doesnt count

When it's all said and done, you are just another war mongering religious zealot

Penny what are your thoughts on the late Christopher Hitchens and his specific atheist views?
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018