Author Topic: Jumper presentation day - Sunday, March 19 @ Punt Rd  (Read 3848 times)

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Jumper presentation day - Sunday, March 19 @ Punt Rd
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2017, 09:30:49 AM »
It would've been nice for the club to explain where things were located upon arrival. I came to the ground from the other end and there was nothing to indicate where these activities were located.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2017, 01:28:42 PM »
It would've been nice for the club to explain where things were located upon arrival. I came to the ground from the other end and there was nothing to indicate where these activities were located.

Did you ask someone?

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2017, 04:05:36 PM »

Did you ask someone?

I'm not sure why it's up to me to ask that question? Some clear signage at the entrance or the ground announcer mentioning it at regular intervals would've been more helpful than me and the couple of hundred people on my side of the ground looking for someone to ask.
Trying to manage 3 small children is hard enough without doing the clubs job for them.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Jackstar 1960

« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2017, 04:16:08 PM »
For what it's worth
The announcer did announce that the jumper presentation was to be in front of stand
And toilet, food , membership marquee , food and drinks and face painting were next to the stand
Thus we moved from standing outside the social club to the grandstand

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2017, 08:40:01 PM »
For what it's worth
The announcer did announce that the jumper presentation was to be in front of stand
And toilet, food , membership marquee , food and drinks and face painting were next to the stand
Thus we moved from standing outside the social club to the grandstand

We arrived 15 minutes after training started. No announcement. Which side of the stand was the face painting?
It wasn't on the Punt Rd side and you couldn't get to the other side of the stand unless you went behind it which isn't ideal because there is no access unless you enter next to the merchandise store.
Like I said, no a big deal but just not fan friendly or frankly professional. Make it easy for people Richmond.

Jackstar 1960

« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2017, 09:48:50 PM »
There was several marquees next to the stand Punt Rd end
One was Membership
One was Face Painting
They were next to the food van and toilets

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2017, 11:16:06 PM »
One was Membership
One was Face Painting

Then you weren't at Punt Rd.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2017, 12:11:15 AM »
Gonna take HRT's word on this. Jackstar was probably to distracted watching Hampson walk water and admiring his form and sacrifice for the team

Jackstar 1960

« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2017, 02:47:12 AM »
Gonna take HRT's word on this. Jackstar was probably to distracted watching Hampson walk water and admiring his form and sacrifice for the team

No
Shaun was doing run thrus before the main group on the brunton avenue side
Was wearing a black top
Disappeared for an hour into the gym
Came back on for the Butler annnoucement

Jackstar 1960

« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2017, 02:50:43 AM »
One was Membership
One was Face Painting

I was there
That why I posted that Butler had got a game as they were on jumping over him in the middle of the ground
Also Rance was wearing white socks
And was standing next to the guy who kept saying " three cheers for Grigga"
Now who was there ???

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2017, 06:57:47 AM »
One was Membership
One was Face Painting

I was there
That why I posted that Butler had got a game as they were on jumping over him in the middle of the ground
Now who was there ???

Rance wore a jumper with a number 16, not 18. I was there, no tents with face painting next to the "food truck" which charged $3 for a can of coke and $4.50 for a bottle of water.

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2017, 07:08:32 AM »
There was face painting tent, cheer squad tent, food truck etc at punt road end.

All that is irrelevant. The fact you were there and didn't know is what I find oretty ordinary and it's a blight on the organising. If you weren't aware, then plenty would have been the same

Jackstar 1960

« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2017, 08:52:32 AM »
One was Membership
One was Face Painting

I was there
Now who was there ???

Rance wore a jumper with a number 16, not 18. I was there, no tents with face painting next to the "food truck" which charged $3 for a can of coke and $4.50 for a bottle of water.

Can tell you that were tents next to the food van
Club membership marquee was there as well

Girls from the club were giving away freebies , they were standing in front of the tents
Plenty of kids had face painting
Also mascots were walking in front of the grandstand near the stairs
Tiger Stripes etc

Jackstar 1960

« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2017, 08:53:11 AM »
There was face painting tent, cheer squad tent, food truck etc at punt road end.

All that is irrelevant. The fact you were there and didn't know is what I find oretty ordinary and it's a blight on the organising. If you weren't aware, then plenty would have been the same

Thank you Damo