Author Topic: Dustin Martin on 'A Current Affair' Monday night  (Read 10871 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Dustin Martin on 'A Current Affair' Monday night
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2017, 04:51:58 PM »
"No criminal record, not a criminal done nothing wrong bla bla bla" has now turned into "okay well yeah he did but show me proof he is still doing it now". If this was another players dad, doesn't even have to be from another team (i.e. Conca), I'm positive we wouldn't see so many excuses

Let's get some things clear here. I doubt Shane Martin would have been deported if he wasn't the father of a high profile player. The government wants maximum publicity for what amounts to be a token gesture to fix up law and order in his country.

Shane has not broken any known laws for many years now. Why deport him now?

What distinct criteria has he breached? Is it just up to the whim of the government who gets deported or do those at risk know what boundaries they must not cross?

Yeah but if he was a muslim half of you blokes would be more comfortable with the deportation.

If that person was recently "convicted" of terrorist acts against Australia....YEP. But not for who he was associating with.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2017, 05:11:14 PM »
"No criminal record, not a criminal done nothing wrong bla bla bla" has now turned into "okay well yeah he did but show me proof he is still doing it now". If this was another players dad, doesn't even have to be from another team (i.e. Conca), I'm positive we wouldn't see so many excuses

Let's get some things clear here. I doubt Shane Martin would have been deported if he wasn't the father of a high profile player. The government wants maximum publicity for what amounts to be a token gesture to fix up law and order in his country.

What distinct criteria has he breached? Is it just up to the whim of the government who gets deported or do those at risk know what boundaries they must not cross?

Yeah but if he was a muslim half of you blokes would be more comfortable with the deportation.
?

Half of us blokes?

What are you smoking son? What have I ever said about muslims?  Why should anyone be persecuted for their religious beliefs?
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2017, 05:14:50 PM »

?

Half of us blokes?

What are you smoking son? What have I ever said about muslims?  Why should anyone be persecuted for their religious beliefs?

:lol

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2017, 05:15:22 PM »

If that person was recently "convicted" of terrorist acts against Australia....YEP. But not for who he was associating with.

What about suspected?
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2017, 05:16:13 PM »

?

Half of us blokes?

Everybody should be persecuted for religious beliefs. #atheistcrusade
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2017, 05:17:27 PM »

What about suspected?

That's up to Dutton isn't it!!

"Rucks:

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2017, 05:20:16 PM »

?

Half of us blokes?

Everybody should be persecuted for religious beliefs. #atheistcrusade

Lol
"Sliding doors moment.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2017, 05:22:45 PM »

What about suspected?

That's up to Dutton isn't it!!

Did you vote for the coalition? I didnt
"Sliding doors moment.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2017, 05:27:05 PM »
NFW.

"Rucks:

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Founding member of the Fab 5
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2017, 05:39:26 PM »
What about this Dio, would you like this where you kids go??

http://www.shared.com/mom-infuriated-after-daughter-is-taught-about-islam-in-school-2032886703.html/?utm_source=shrd&utm_medium=facebook

Or where they can walk out during our anthem, or not shake another class mates hand......this is where we are heading, this great country... :help

Why should you be forced to listen to a trash national anthem or shake another kids hand?
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2017, 05:42:27 PM »

http://www.shared.com/mom-infuriated-after-daughter-is-taught-about-islam-in-school-2032886703.html/?utm_source=shrd&utm_medium=facebook

Or where they can walk out during our anthem, or not shake another class mates hand......this is where we are heading, this great country... :help

Why should you be forced to listen to a trash national anthem or shake another kids hand?

Yeah, I suppose thats what the war veterans think???? The same veterans that fought so you can breath for another day.

"Rucks:

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2017, 05:53:25 PM »

Yeah, I suppose thats what the war veterans think???? The same veterans that fought so you can breath for another day.

The war veterans believed in one person one vote.

I agree. Give the people what they want.
"Sliding doors moment.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame

"Rucks:

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2017, 08:08:45 PM »
I think it's important to note the changes that have taken place.

There was always a law that non-citizens could be deported if they were jailed for a period - IIRC it was either one or two years.
The most notable case was some years back when a member of  a well known Italian family was to be deported after serving years for drug trafficking.
The Department's decision to deport this man was overturned by the Immigration Minister Amanda Vanstone after his family and associates donated a large amount of money to the Liberal Party.
The reason that was given was that Vanstone did not want to break up his family living in Australia.
This man has now been convicted for involvement in a (another) major drug importation case.

This law has been changed under this government to allow people to be deported if they failed a "character test" and gave the power to the Minister.
I personally have a real problem with a politician deciding on residency based on whether he is of good character or not.
Martin has already provided an Iraqi veteran to this country, who resigned from the army in disgust after his father was judged by Dutton to be of poor character.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2017, 08:20:19 PM »
I think it's important to note the changes that have taken place.

There was always a law that non-citizens could be deported if they were jailed for a period - IIRC it was either one or two years.
The most notable case was some years back when a member of  a well known Italian family was to be deported after serving years for drug trafficking.
The Department's decision to deport this man was overturned by the Immigration Minister Amanda Vanstone after his family and associates donated a large amount of money to the Liberal Party.
The reason that was given was that Vanstone did not want to break up his family living in Australia.
This man has now been convicted for involvement in a (another) major drug importation case.

This law has been changed under this government to allow people to be deported if they failed a "character test" and gave the power to the Minister.
I personally have a real problem with a politician deciding on residency based on whether he is of good character or not.
Martin has already provided an Iraqi veteran to this country, who resigned from the army in disgust after his father was judged by Dutton to be of poor character.

Well said.

"Rucks: