Author Topic: Dustin Martin on 'A Current Affair' Monday night  (Read 10818 times)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Dustin Martin on 'A Current Affair' Monday night
« Reply #120 on: February 26, 2017, 08:20:13 PM »
So lets hope Dusty gets his dad back, for his and his brothers sake and also the family that Dutton has torn apart!

Shame on you Dutton and your selective inconsistent biased laws.

I don't mind Dutton, I am glad someone in power is worried about national security
Does deporting one bikie really show that he is worried about national security or does it show he likes to be seen to make the right moves? If he was serious, he'd be flexing his considerable muscle a little bit more than that. Of course he maybe doing more behind the scenes but we haven't heard anything to back that up as yet. Let's just say he wouldn't be the first politician to do something for just publicity's sake.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 08:59:46 PM by YellowandBlackBlood »
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #121 on: February 26, 2017, 08:26:42 PM »
Not enough needless quoting of long post in this thread. Very dissapointing indeed
Not sure that the principles of natural justice for courts of law apply for immigration matters.

Going way off topic here, but one place where the principles of natural justice for courts of law do not apply is tribunal hearings.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #122 on: February 26, 2017, 09:32:22 PM »
thread unlocked (for now) - go off track again and it gets locked permanently

Massive cull complete  :banghead

FWIW A number of posters are walking a very thin line with their constant baiting and abuse of others (and not just in this thread I hasten to add)

I am not interested in finger pointing, who started it, who believes they are the victim aka as "the blame game"

And the point below stands ....

Folks it isnt hard, quote what you are answering, edit out what isn't relevant. People don't need to wade thorugh pages of quotes that started a week ago

As I said it isnt hard  :banghead
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 10:14:41 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #123 on: February 27, 2017, 05:24:28 PM »
Does anyone think Dusty would give the game up because of this and move to NZ to be with his father? His brother quit the Army as a result of this.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #124 on: February 27, 2017, 05:43:40 PM »
Does anyone think Dusty would give the game up because of this and move to NZ to be with his father? His brother quit the Army as a result of this.

Do you think that he would do that?
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #125 on: February 27, 2017, 06:03:48 PM »
Was his brother getting paid $500k odd in the army

Of course stuffing not

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Founding member of the Fab 5
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #126 on: February 27, 2017, 08:40:21 PM »
:lol
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #127 on: February 27, 2017, 10:19:24 PM »
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #128 on: February 27, 2017, 10:35:17 PM »
While I understand that not all information is shared with the public, the public has a right to know what the actual rules are.

"Foreign criminals automatically have their visas cancelled under section 501 of the Migration Act if they are sentenced to a jail term of a year or more, and also if they are a member of a bikie gang and suspected of criminal activity."
"Laws introduced in December allow the Government to deport foreign born people who have served up to 12 months jail or who fail character tests."
"The character test is both broad and subjective. It includes provision that a person can have a visa cancelled if the minister “reasonably suspects” a person of associating with a group or person engaged in criminal activity, even if they commit no crime themselves."

All quotes can be found in the links below.

If you would like the official wording under section 501 I refer you to http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/cth/consol_act/ma1958118/s501.html. Specifically subsection 6b

Why not deport others like him?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-13/deportations-from-australia-to-new-zealand-climb/6847510
http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/78808458/former-criminal-deported-and-separated-from-family-after-40-years-in-australia
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/convicted-criminals-deported-back-to-new-zealand-at-the-rate-of-more-than-one-a-day/news-story/9d835f88d2dfd9c488cf9e42cb99e229
http://www.smh.com.au/national/career-criminal-49-to-be-deported-from-australia-after-leaving-nz-as-a-baby-20161231-gtkc7l.html
http://www.news.com.au/national/decorated-nz-soldier-ko-rutene-is-being-detained-in-australia/news-story/a3fb3466efebe5db56ea4978afa3b9e6 -- This one in particular is "like Shane" except he has supposedly not even been convicted of a crime

So what makes these people not "like him". The fact he's a somewhat "high profile" person (due to being the father of Dustin) or the fact he's the father of a RFC player?

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #129 on: February 27, 2017, 10:36:04 PM »
Also why is no one campaigning for this guy? WAT and YBB seem passionate about these laws but seem to be selective on Richmond players fathers

"Ian Wightman, a British citizen who has spent 50 of his 51 years in Australia, who served in the Australian army reserve, and whose partner, siblings and elderly parents are in Australia, is being held on the island facing deportation for lighting a scrub fire."

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2015/nov/13/christmas-island-detention-why-is-australia-deporting-so-many-people

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #130 on: February 28, 2017, 12:10:52 AM »
Also why is no one campaigning for this guy? WAT and YBB seem passionate about these laws but seem to be selective on Richmond players fathers

"Ian Wightman, a British citizen who has spent 50 of his 51 years in Australia, who served in the Australian army reserve, and whose partner, siblings and elderly parents are in Australia, is being held on the island facing deportation for lighting a scrub fire."

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2015/nov/13/christmas-island-detention-why-is-australia-deporting-so-many-people

Its nothing to do with him being the father of a RFC player and many more are petitioning for him to return, as they are for Alex Vella to return and a lot of Tattooists to have their licenses returned as a result of the draconian laws in QLD.

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #131 on: February 28, 2017, 12:12:16 AM »
Was his brother getting paid $500k odd in the army

Of course stuffing not

Its a matter of respect, family and principle for some, money doesn't always come first.

"Rucks:

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #132 on: February 28, 2017, 01:01:10 AM »
What else are all these geniuses petitioning for Alex Vella to be let back into the country petitioning for? Ivan Milat to be released? Leash law exemptions for Pitbulls & Akitas?
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #133 on: February 28, 2017, 02:37:20 AM »
What else are all these geniuses petitioning for Alex Vella to be let back into the country petitioning for? Ivan Milat to be released? Leash law exemptions for Pitbulls & Akitas?

Comparing Vella to Milat....LMFAO... a convicted serial killer against a man who has done nothing wrong other than ride bikes with his mates and had his Visa removed by a narcissist dictator who follows his own law.

"Rucks:

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #134 on: February 28, 2017, 05:34:55 AM »

Comparing Vella to Milat....LMFAO... a convicted serial killer against a man who has done nothing wrong other than ride bikes with his mates and had his Visa removed by a narcissist dictator who follows his own law.
Alex Vella has not led a blameless life.