Author Topic: Frees For and Against Tally for the Season  (Read 26081 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Frees For and Against Tally for the Season
« Reply #105 on: July 23, 2017, 06:47:12 PM »
The number 8 was whistle happy all day, absolute muppet with no feel of the game, paid soft free kicks all day. Number 32 wasn't far behind in the second half

8 is Roaeberry and I've always thought he's the best in the business

But he was deplorable today.

22 frees in the first qtr sums up how pathetic they were
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 08:32:16 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

tony_montana

« Reply #106 on: July 23, 2017, 06:49:02 PM »
The number 8 was whistle happy all day, absolute muppet with no feel of the game, paid soft free kicks all day. Number 32 wasn't far behind in the second half

8 is Roaeberry nad I've always thought he's the best in the business

But he was deplorable today.

22 frees in the first qtr sums up how pathetic they were

My mate said the same, reckons he's the best in the business but had a shocker today

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #107 on: July 23, 2017, 07:00:41 PM »
Suddenly calls for throws when I've always thought we've been the worst team at not exploiting the rule :lol

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #108 on: July 23, 2017, 08:37:20 PM »
What about the call on Rance in the last quarter for deliberate out of bounce when he managed to get in front of his leading opponent to a ball that dropped short and half vollied the footy and it went out.
Unbelievable!

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #109 on: July 23, 2017, 09:11:13 PM »
What about the call on Rance in the last quarter for deliberate out of bounce when he managed to get in front of his leading opponent to a ball that dropped short and half vollied the footy and it went out.
Unbelievable!

Jumped out of my seat when he payed that deliberate. One of the worst decisions I have seen and I have seen plenty  :banghead

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #110 on: July 23, 2017, 09:15:41 PM »
Unbelievable!

I didn't see today's game (I live interstate), but I am certain that decision made the highlights of the game shown on our local TV news!

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #111 on: July 23, 2017, 09:39:28 PM »
The problem with that decision against Rance was not so much that he paid it but the fact that numerous opportunities to ping players for deliberate were overlooked today.
Consistency is a must.

I feel the game was over officiated but everyone will see it differently.
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
AFL looks closely at abnormal number of free kicks paid in round 18

Sam McClure
The Age
25 July 2017

AFL umpires boss Peter Schwab admits his department concentrated on two games during their weekly review, after an unusually high number of free kicks across the weekend.

According to Champion Data statistics, there were 43.3 free kicks per game in round 18, the most in any round this season.

It comes off the back of 40.7 in round 17; the third most.

There were 61 frees paid in Friday night's match between Adelaide and Geelong, and 58 in Sunday's game between Richmond and Greater Western Sydney.

They rank one and two respectively for the highest free kick games so far this season.

"When you get that many free kicks, they're a little bit of an outlier to the rest of the week," Schwab told Channel 7's Talking Footy.

"It was certainly discussed. I guess it's like anything, if there are a high number of free kicks or a low number you look through them, and see if they are all there.

"We're pretty much satisfied in the Geelong v Adelaide game, even though there were a lot of free kicks, that most of them were warranted.

"The GWS v Richmond game was probably a little bit more concerning as far as whether we got them as right as we wanted to. But I think after quarter time it seemed to settle down."

Crows coach Don Pyke admitted after the game that he was "perplexed" by some of the free kicks paid in the game against Geelong, but wouldn't go into specifics.

Schwab said that he would continue to keep in contact with all clubs whenever clarification of decisions was required.

"We have open dialogue, but I haven't spoken to Don.

"We would speak to most clubs, some clubs a bit more than others but I'm not prepared to say who or when," Schwab smirked.

Schwab said the umpiring department is always working to improve, but believed after 18 rounds his group was now officiating games on a consistent basis.

"The holding the ball and the marking contest are still the two key areas (we're concentrating on), because statistically they're the areas we umpires the most in. They probably make up half of the decisions in any game."

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-looks-closely-at-abnormal-amount-of-free-kicks-paid-in-round-18-20170724-gxhu1o.html

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #113 on: July 25, 2017, 01:01:33 PM »
lol the stench has hit the nostrils of the AFL  Maybe we will see some decent stuffing umpiring from now on.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #114 on: July 25, 2017, 01:28:43 PM »
No doubt the interpretation of HTB decisions will change yet again this week. Think clubs almost need to meet with the umpire department every week just to know what the focus is on for the upcoming game. Could be the difference early in games if one side adapts quicker than the other.

tony_montana

« Reply #115 on: July 25, 2017, 04:05:39 PM »
No doubt the interpretation of HTB decisions will change yet again this week. Think clubs almost need to meet with the umpire department every week just to know what the focus is on for the upcoming game. Could be the difference early in games if one side adapts quicker than the other.

Sides keep a close eye on how friday night football is umpired to gauge the 'trend of the week' from the umpiring faculty

Its a stuffing joke

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #116 on: August 15, 2017, 02:10:39 PM »

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #117 on: August 15, 2017, 06:57:45 PM »
That is so damned poor it's ridiculous. There's no way a side can be so ill-disciplined that they are so far in arrears of the next team.

dwaino

« Reply #118 on: August 15, 2017, 07:20:44 PM »
We are nearly double the next as well. It's telling. Compare Geelong's frees for compared to our frees against and that's our last game in a nut shell.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #119 on: August 15, 2017, 07:27:47 PM »
We have been bent over and impaled