Author Topic: You are what you eat  (Read 5123 times)

Ruanaidh

Re: You are what you eat
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2017, 07:31:09 AM »
How tall and how much do U blokes weigh on average?

I'm 186cm and have been around 95kg for most of my late 20's and 30's. Middle tyre was there but not massive. A couple of years ago I started training with a former professional league player (Maori) who lives nearby - basically circuit weights and core strengthening. 1 hr 15 min sessions twice a week. Without fail. Even in my late 30's I've put on a pooload of muscle and dropped fat. My frame has seemingly opened up and stretched out and widened (shoulders, chest, hips) and I'm now 103kgs with a slight gut (hard to totally cut down) but you wouldn't notice. Generally eat normal and but extra protein if I have the option.
What you have described are Mesomorth characteristics. Lucky bugger. Swap out the extra protein for natural fats and that 'slight gut' might disappear. Rbr, eating fat does not make you fat. Carbs create white (external visceral) fat whilst Sugars (including fructose) form brown (internal visceral) fat - the deadly, organ destroying kind. This is why you have to limit fruit consumption.

Would make sense why i cant stand fruit! I mean, ill eat the occasional apple or banana but im more of a veggies or salad guy. If anything though, carbs are my weakness especially in my italian family - pasta, pizza, rice, etc etc etc
You know what I was going to have a a guess that you are southern European when you described yourself and your Mesomorph reaction to weight training. Good Neanderthal genes running through those veins Mate :thumbsup. Unfortunately, Italians promote gene conditioning for latter carb cravings in their kids by the diet they provide up to and after the age of 3. If all your blood vitals are ok, go for it.....But, your background will give you a diabetties predilection so carbs need to be cut and good fats increased. My sin is bread so I make sure it is as dense nutritionally​ as I can get it and I only have 2 slices a day. I also have pizza once a week.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2017, 06:04:23 PM »

I'm 186cm and have been around 95kg for most of my late 20's and 30's. Middle tyre was there but not massive. A couple of years ago I started training with a former professional league player (Maori) who lives nearby - basically circuit weights and core strengthening. 1 hr 15 min sessions twice a week. Without fail. Even in my late 30's I've put on a pooload of muscle and dropped fat. My frame has seemingly opened up and stretched out and widened (shoulders, chest, hips) and I'm now 103kgs with a slight gut (hard to totally cut down) but you wouldn't notice. Generally eat normal and but extra protein if I have the option.
What you have described are Mesomorth characteristics. Lucky bugger. Swap out the extra protein for natural fats and that 'slight gut' might disappear. Rbr, eating fat does not make you fat. Carbs create white (external visceral) fat whilst Sugars (including fructose) form brown (internal visceral) fat - the deadly, organ destroying kind. This is why you have to limit fruit consumption.

Would make sense why i cant stand fruit! I mean, ill eat the occasional apple or banana but im more of a veggies or salad guy. If anything though, carbs are my weakness especially in my italian family - pasta, pizza, rice, etc etc etc
You know what I was going to have a a guess that you are southern European when you described yourself and your Mesomorph reaction to weight training. Good Neanderthal genes running through those veins Mate :thumbsup. Unfortunately, Italians promote gene conditioning for latter carb cravings in their kids by the diet they provide up to and after the age of 3. If all your blood vitals are ok, go for it.....But, your background will give you a diabetties predilection so carbs need to be cut and good fats increased. My sin is bread so I make sure it is as dense nutritionally​ as I can get it and I only have 2 slices a day. I also have pizza once a week.

About half Italian but pretty much right. Diabetes in the more anglo side which is potentially problematic.

Btw cheers for starting this thread :cheers :thumbsup
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Ruanaidh

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2017, 10:55:39 PM »

About half Italian but pretty much right. Diabetes in the more anglo side which is potentially problematic.

Btw cheers for starting this thread :cheers :thumbsup
No worries....

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2017, 12:45:06 AM »
Ok, 182 cm 75-77 kikos. BMI 22.5.
5-7 k runs incorporating sprints, sand running and street.
100 pushups a day, squats, dips .Lots of body weight stuff.
Diet - chicken, fish, meat, veg, salad and heaps of water.
At my heaviest in was 84 kilos after living in the US for years.
Don't drink pee much anymore.
No sugar in coffee.
Caracella and Balmey.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2017, 10:30:43 AM »
Ok, 182 cm 75-77 kikos. BMI 22.5.
5-7 k runs incorporating sprints, sand running and street.
100 pushups a day, squats, dips .Lots of body weight stuff.
Diet - chicken, fish, meat, veg, salad and heaps of water.
At my heaviest in was 84 kilos after living in the US for years.
Don't drink pee much anymore.
No sugar in coffee.
We are a pretty fit bunch overall :clapping....Btw I have a confession. My youngest who is 6'3" called me out and measured my height without shoes (I wear boots everywhere). 6" 1" it is.......  if I stretch. Bodyweight exercising is great. Do you plank?

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2017, 12:33:16 PM »
No planking as such other than when I'm on the roller, holding a position to massage a certain area, if that makes sense.
Caracella and Balmey.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2017, 02:43:43 PM »
No planking as such other than when I'm on the roller, holding a position to massage a certain area, if that makes sense.
Yeah it does.