Author Topic: Winnable games remaining  (Read 4933 times)

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Re: Winnable games remaining
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2017, 04:15:54 PM »
In the HUN today they have us finishing 13-9 with a loss against Hawthorn.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2017, 04:22:09 PM »
We will beat the Hawks I reckon.

tony_montana

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2017, 06:04:56 PM »
easily

its some of the games Im worried about.

This weeks game is the classic stand up and be counted game - win this and we are legitimately fighting for a top 4 berth, lose it and we have the added pressure of knowing if we lose to the saints the following week then thats 2 in a row and right back amongst the pack

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2017, 09:22:27 PM »
easily

This weeks game is the classic stand up and be counted game - win this and we are legitimately fighting for a top 4 berth, lose it and we have the added pressure of knowing if we lose to the saints the following week then thats 2 in a row and right back amongst the pack
For as long as I can remember, when we get a chance to make a statement in a big/biggish game we fail. We had one a few weeks back after the bye and we blew it. It will be the same again against Port I reckon. When you have players like Grigg and Ellis (and Houli usually) that go to water in big games we have no hope.
We also have young kids that barely trouble the stats sheet and it all adds up to to many passengers.

When was the last big game we weren't expected to win that we won? It's pretty bad when that Hawthorn win about 5 years ago is still near the top of the list.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2017, 09:49:35 PM »
easily

For as long as I can remember, when we get a chance to make a statement in a big/biggish game we fail. We had one a few weeks back after the bye and we blew it. It will be the same again against Port I reckon. When you have players like Grigg and Ellis (and Houli usually) that go to water in big games we have no hope.
We also have young kids that barely trouble the stats sheet and it all adds up to to many passengers.

When was the last big game we weren't expected to win that we won? It's pretty bad when that Hawthorn win about 5 years ago is still near the top of the list.
Beating an unbeaten Fremantle 2 years ago Subiaco bt.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2017, 10:16:17 PM »
easily

Beating an unbeaten Fremantle 2 years ago Subiaco bt.
Yep, great win.
Anything else?

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2017, 12:16:06 AM »
We had 3 great wins in 2015.

Sydney in Sydney
Dockers in Perth
Hawthorn after they won 9 straight.
Unleash the tornado

tony_montana

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2017, 10:16:35 AM »
easily

Couldnt agree more. Am very interested to see how we cope tonight

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2017, 10:35:41 PM »
Must be the first time in a long time we've won a game like this where there's been equally so much on the line for both sides. In the past, we've just caved without a whimper. Tonight, we fought and fought on even when at times it looked Port could break the game open. Winning it away makes it an extra bonus. We now need to back it up next week against the Saints at Etihad otherwise tonight's effort will be wasted.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

tony_montana

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2017, 11:35:41 PM »
Fantastic  character shown tonight. We're building something here

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2017, 03:10:46 AM »
4. Richmond

36 points (nine wins, five losses) 112.2 per cent

The Tigers are in the top four and deservedly so. They have played better for some of their wins this year, but the one over Port was hard to beat for grit and determination. The Saints will test them at Etihad on Saturday, but the Giants clash at the MCG a fortnight after that will be most illustrative.

The run home

Rd 16: St Kilda (Etihad Stadium)
Rd 17: Brisbane Lions (Etihad Stadium)
Rd 18: GWS (MCG)
Rd 19: Gold Coast (Metricon Stadium)
Rd 20: Hawthorn (MCG)
Rd 21: Geelong (Simonds Stadium)
Rd 22: Fremantle (Domain Stadium)
Rd 23: St Kilda (MCG)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-07-02/the-run-home-your-clubs-road-to-september

----------------------------------------------------------

4. RICHMOND — 8-0-5, 112.2, 36

I have a view that Hardwick is an extremely good coach, despite never having won a final. The Tigers have arguably two of the best three players in the game, but still need to bolster their bottom four.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/afl-ladder-round-15-tigers-into-top-four-as-premiership-fancies-tighten-up/news-story/7cad845c787b2c2075bfdc61122f8e24

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2017, 06:29:16 AM »
The AFL nothing short of a joke.We  a one of the biggest dawing crowd and they give the cats the home game lol :banghead a ground that will only fit lucky 3000 of our fans,  just bemusing commen since to play it at a bigger venue with a team with 70000 members.That is really poor management.

Offline sdc01

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2017, 12:16:44 PM »
truth is...all the remaining games are winnable at this stage

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2017, 12:20:51 PM »
The AFL nothing short of a joke.We  a one of the biggest dawing crowd and they give the cats the home game lol :banghead a ground that will only fit lucky 3000 of our fans,  just bemusing commen since to play it at a bigger venue with a team with 70000 members.That is really poor management.

So what happens if we play them in a final?
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2017, 01:15:43 AM »
The run home: Your club's road to September

afl.com.au
9 July 2017

6. Richmond

36 points (nine wins, six losses) 105.3 per cent

Before Tiger fans get too confident of a quick turnaround, they should cast their minds back a week to see what the Brisbane Lions did to Essendon at the same time, same place. Richmond remains fourth on the ladder [sic. now sixth] by virtue of a late flourish against the Saints, but the first half was perhaps the first time this year the Tigers simply didn't turn up. The season is too tight for that to happen again.

The run home
Rd 17: Brisbane Lions (Etihad Stadium)
Rd 18: GWS (MCG)
Rd 19: Gold Coast (Metricon Stadium)
Rd 20: Hawthorn (MCG)
Rd 21: Geelong (Simonds Stadium)
Rd 22: Fremantle (Domain Stadium)
Rd 23: St Kilda (MCG)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-07-09/the-run-home-your-clubs-road-to-september