Author Topic: Changes for Port game next week?  (Read 3992 times)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Changes for Port game next week?
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2017, 06:58:27 AM »
Have wanted Lloyd out for weeks but I thought he played his best game this year for us. Lots of possessions and team oriented ones at that. Stays in on that performance.

Think Titch needs to be dropped. A player of his seniority must do much more in games. Would bring in Stengle for him.
Must have been watching a different game to you regarding Lloyd. Lloyd is slow, SELFISH and has lost his goal sense. That attempt at taking a screamer in the 3rd I think was, was exactly what this club needs to weed out. He put himself in front of his teammates with that attempt.
I would drop him for that alone.
He gives away too many stupid free kicks and he is a momentum killer.

You are spot on with Edwards though.

Completely disagree on Lloyd. I'm with YBB in that I wanted him out but  I think when you watch the replay you will see that he won some important contests for us today. Worked hard up the ground and was solid. He deserves to play next week.
What did you think of that attempt at mark of the year when he gave away the free kick?
And he does it every week.
What about you YBB?
Giving away free kicks like that is poor. When he has done little else it makes it worse. Today though he was very good in general link up play. Credit where credits due. Saw the replay as well as seeing it live. He played a decent game. If you doubt don't drop him for his poor ones, how can you drop him after a decent one?
I watched the second half tonight and he went better than I first thought.
Being at the games and watching them on TV is so different sometimes.
Can I ask if you were at the game?

The other player that looks different live imo is Caddy. Some weeks I think he is lazy and fumbles everything only to change my opinion on him when I watch the replay.
I'm not sure if it because you see more of their second efforts or lack of in some cases, when at the games but 100% some players look better when you can only see their first effort.
I was at the game. All of my mates (who don't rate him) also thought he played well. :thumbsup
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2017, 08:09:36 AM »
I fell for the 'knee jerk' reaction a couple of weeks ago wanting Castagna dropped. We have to keep playing these kids if fit as they need time to work on their chemistry and roles. Butler I reckon has been told to slow down and be more deliberate with his disposal and that is causing him problems ATM. He'll work it out in time.

agree on both counts - Ive noticed with Butler the last few weeks, hes been caught flat footed, can almost see him over thinking it
Hardwick has decided to take him under his wing and give him some things to work on to improve.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2017, 07:38:41 PM »
Outs- Lloyd, Butler, Houli

Ins- Vlastuin, Stengle, Markov

OUTS: Houli, Butler

INS: Vlastuin, Mrakov

Lloyd survives for all the reasons mentioned by YBB, agree with the that he was OK today

At the risk of abuse from Big Tone ::), why Butler over any of the others? Also thought Vlas was average today WP, did you see the game?
I think Butler was poor today and last week.
I'd give him a spell in the twos and make him earn it again. 
All his credits from earlier in the season have been used up imo.
Nothing wrong with making them earn/want it more.

More to the point, why over any of the others (i.e Shai, Cas or Rioli)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2017, 09:59:24 PM »
Outs- Lloyd, Butler, Houli

Ins- Vlastuin, Stengle, Markov

OUTS: Houli, Butler

INS: Vlastuin, Mrakov

Lloyd survives for all the reasons mentioned by YBB, agree with the that he was OK today

At the risk of abuse from Big Tone ::), why Butler over any of the others? Also thought Vlas was average today WP, did you see the game?
I think Butler was poor today and last week.
I'd give him a spell in the twos and make him earn it again. 
All his credits from earlier in the season have been used up imo.
Nothing wrong with making them earn/want it more.

More to the point, why over any of the others (i.e Shai, Cas or Rioli)
I think out of that lot he has been the worst preformed since he has come back from injury.
As much as Rioli has barely touched the footy either in that time, he has put on more pressure with his tackling and harassment than Bulter.
I've said it before, getting dropped isn't the end of the world, in some cases it can actually help the player.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2017, 04:46:57 AM »
In the Mix - Round 15

Nathan Schmook
afl.com.au
28 June 2017

RICHMOND

Nick Vlastuin returned from a six-week shoulder injury in the VFL and played well across half-back and pushed forward for one goal to potentially fast-track an inevitable return to the AFL team.

Midfielder Anthony Miles continued his excellent run of form, racking up a game-high 38 possessions. He was an emergency in round 14 and is doing everything possible to break in for his third game this season.

If the Tigers need tall reinforcements, veteran ruckman Ivan Maric appears next in line after being named in the 25-man AFL squad last week. He dominated the ruck at VFL level and kicked one goal to stake his claims in a structure that would allow Toby Nankervis to rotate forward.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-06-27/in-the-mix-whos-pushing-for-selection-in-round-15