Author Topic: Changes for Port game next week?  (Read 3968 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Changes for Port game next week?
« on: June 25, 2017, 08:11:55 PM »
Fire away ....

Ruanaidh

Re: Changes for Port game next week?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2017, 08:15:07 PM »
Houli - suspended. Markov in.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2017, 08:16:07 PM »
Outs- Lloyd, Butler, Houli

Ins- Vlastuin, Stengle, Markov

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2017, 08:37:53 PM »
Have wanted Lloyd out for weeks but I thought he played his best game this year for us. Lots of possessions and team oriented ones at that. Stays in on that performance.

Think Titch needs to be dropped. A player of his seniority must do much more in games. Would bring in Stengle for him.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2017, 08:47:17 PM »
Have wanted Lloyd out for weeks but I thought he played his best game this year for us. Lots of possessions and team oriented ones at that. Stays in on that performance.

Think Titch needs to be dropped. A player of his seniority must do much more in games. Would bring in Stengle for him.

just figuring that out now are you? One of the most avergage players to ever play 200 games IMO

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2017, 08:48:57 PM »

just figuring that out now are you? One of the most avergage players to ever play 200 games IMO
No. Have not supported him for a while. Just had to come out and state the obvious though. :whistle

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2017, 09:03:28 PM »

Agree 100% Y&BB.
Titch looks irrelevant atm
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2017, 09:07:53 PM »
OUTS: Houli, Butler

INS: Vlastuin, Mrakov

Lloyd survives for all the reasons mentioned by YBB, agree with the that he was OK today
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2017, 09:25:18 PM »

Must have been watching a different game to you regarding Lloyd. Lloyd is slow, SELFISH and has lost his goal sense. That attempt at taking a screamer in the 3rd I think was, was exactly what this club needs to weed out. He put himself in front of his teammates with that attempt.
I would drop him for that alone.
He gives away too many stupid free kicks and he is a momentum killer.

You are spot on with Edwards though.

Offline Swooper

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2017, 09:41:40 PM »
Ins could be Vlas, if he pulled up OK, for Houli. I would have dropped Butler but the last Q may have saved him. Titch was pathetic and may need a bit of time in the 2s. Markov to play in SA. Menedue did a few good things and should stay. 

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2017, 09:54:03 PM »

Must have been watching a different game to you regarding Lloyd. Lloyd is slow, SELFISH and has lost his goal sense. That attempt at taking a screamer in the 3rd I think was, was exactly what this club needs to weed out. He put himself in front of his teammates with that attempt.

Completely disagree on Lloyd. I'm with YBB in that I wanted him out but  I think when you watch the replay you will see that he won some important contests for us today. Worked hard up the ground and was solid. He deserves to play next week.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2017, 10:18:27 PM »

Completely disagree on Lloyd. I'm with YBB in that I wanted him out but  I think when you watch the replay you will see that he won some important contests for us today. Worked hard up the ground and was solid. He deserves to play next week.
What did you think of that attempt at mark of the year when he gave away the free kick?
And he does it every week.
What about you YBB?

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2017, 10:49:34 PM »
Outs- Lloyd, Butler, Houli

Ins- Vlastuin, Stengle, Markov

OUTS: Houli, Butler

INS: Vlastuin, Mrakov

Lloyd survives for all the reasons mentioned by YBB, agree with the that he was OK today

At the risk of abuse from Big Tone ::), why Butler over any of the others? Also thought Vlas was average today WP, did you see the game?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 06:54:40 AM by WilliamPowell »

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2017, 10:59:27 PM »

What did you think of that attempt at mark of the year when he gave away the free kick?
And he does it every week.
What about you YBB?
Giving away free kicks like that is poor. When he has done little else it makes it worse. Today though he was very good in general link up play. Credit where credits due. Saw the replay as well as seeing it live. He played a decent game. If you doubt don't drop him for his poor ones, how can you drop him after a decent one?

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2017, 11:11:26 PM »
Vlastuin looked short a gallop in the VFL today but will likely come straight in for Houli and that will likeky be the only change lest Rioli's finger is broken then Stengle will probably come in a well....if it were up to me though it would be:

Out: Houli, Butler, Lloyd, Rioli if injured

In: Lennon. Stengle, Miles, Garthwaite (if Rioli injured.)

Chol is still far too lazy to play AFL.....makes Vickery look like Robert Harvey.... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.