Author Topic: Former AFL Player Jake King & Ty Vickery Arrested  (Read 5239 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Former AFL Player Jake King & Ty Vickery Arrested
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2018, 02:50:10 AM »
Jake King gets 12 month good behaviour bond after threats

Brad Norington
The Australian
29 May 2018

Former Richmond player Jake King has escaped a jail sentence with the help of his fellow Tigers.

King was charged last July after he threatened to break the legs of a businessman if he did not pay him $150,000. He pleaded guilty to possessing testosterone supplements, but after references from former Richmond colleagues, he was sentenced to a 12-month good behaviour bond, without conviction, in Melbourne’s Magistrates Court yesterday. He must also pay $5000 to charity.

A list of Richmond greats ­including Brownlow medallist Dustin Martin, former player Matthew Richardson, Richmond chief executive Brendon Gale and former Tigers president Gary March provided character references for King.

It is understood a former police sergeant with 25 years’ experience also supplied a reference for King, who played 107 games until he was forced to retire due to injury in 2014. Vickery retired last year.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/nation/jake-king-gets-12-month-good-behaviour-bond-after-threats/news-story/c7c9194478f92e17b6216b7af24ef0b3

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2018, 12:08:35 PM »
Where's the condemnation of Cho, Dusty, Benny & March?
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2018, 12:52:52 PM »
Heard it was the reference from WAT that ultimately swayed the judge.... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2018, 06:14:24 PM »
 :lol
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2018, 10:13:26 PM »
Glad he got off, sounds like the guy he tghreatened was the real crook. Though if he had broken someone's legs I'd have a different opinion.