Author Topic: Richmond vs Gold Coast @ Metricon - Round 19, 2017  (Read 13961 times)

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond vs Gold Coast @ Metricon - Round 19, 2017
« Reply #165 on: July 29, 2017, 10:11:44 PM »
Take the win but will not be watching that again...umpiring is a disgrace  :banghead

tony_montana

« Reply #166 on: July 29, 2017, 10:15:25 PM »
C. Ellis :clapping :clapping

Still perplexed they play him as an outside player..

I'm not

Why?

Weak body, doesn't get it enough, have doubts he can win the hardball consistently at afl level. That pack mark was the first thing I've ever seen him do in the field that was robust and not timid

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #167 on: July 29, 2017, 11:25:24 PM »
Was it just me or was Houli shocking?
A bit of a mixed game for mine. Periods where he was really effective on transition with him delivering off HB and then running on forward to receive. I thought his second qtr was v.good. Then there were other periods where he seemed to repeatedly miss targets he should have hit.

The game commentators on SEN actually praised Houli's game and said tonight showed we missed him off HB when he was rubbed out. They must have been focusing on the second qtr when the game was won.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #168 on: July 29, 2017, 11:26:54 PM »

I'm not

Why?

Weak body, doesn't get it enough, have doubts he can win the hardball consistently at afl level. That pack mark was the first thing I've ever seen him do in the field that was robust and not timid

I agree he plays a bit timid but I think it's more that he's not used to that outside role. Put him in the middle and he'll have more confidence in himself and his game. Will have a flow on effect and he'll get so much more ball as he doesn't know how to get the ball on the outside

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #170 on: July 30, 2017, 08:47:40 AM »

I'm not

Why?

I agree he plays a bit timid but I think it's more that he's not used to that outside role. Put him in the middle and he'll have more confidence in himself and his game. Will have a flow on effect and he'll get so much more ball as he doesn't know how to get the ball on the outside

Don't mind the logic YR, might be something he can do as his body develops. Has a bit of class, like Dan Rioli I would like to see him do this on a bigger stage than against the GC
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #171 on: July 30, 2017, 09:00:34 AM »
What did people think of Ivan Soldo game?.Getting better every game this kid developing nicely.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #172 on: July 30, 2017, 09:06:04 AM »
What did people think of Ivan Soldo game?.Getting better every game this kid developing nicely.

Agree I think the Nank/Soldo thing is sort of working

Just wish he wasn't as fumbly

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #173 on: July 30, 2017, 10:03:37 AM »
At the game last night. Had it taped for me on foxtel but i dont think ill be watching the replay. A low skilled game riddled with erroronous decision making and disposal which was punctuated with the odd cameo moment.

Umpiring very poor.

16,000 crowd i reckon only 3-5,000 gold coast supporters if they are lucky. 8 years after the concept was registered this whole experiment is a complete failure to date and i shudder to think the amount of money lost. Imagine what hundreds of millions would be able to do if it was pumped into facilities and junior programs in Tasmania (with leftover for Victoria) - would be an afl fortress and being a traditional afl state i dont think anyone would resent that.

That aside i thought dusty cotch rioli and Miles were good. Castagna works his arse off but jeez his finishing is shocking.

Caddy needs to lose some bulk and get serious.

Butler very quiet. Vlastuin and Edwards disposal (including handballs) to the opposition was very very poor.

"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #174 on: July 30, 2017, 10:32:54 AM »
What was disappointing was how RFC (IMO) took their foot off the gas in the 3rd quarter.

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #175 on: July 30, 2017, 11:58:03 AM »
When GC got the first couple of goals they blare this trumpet like the opening bars of their pathetic song and when we kicked our first goal, one Richmond supporter yelled out "where's the trumpet now?" :lol

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #176 on: July 31, 2017, 01:08:54 PM »
Our skill level & composure or lack thereof is still a major concern......lucky for us Ablett & May were out and the bad Gold Coast turned up...Hawthorn won't afford us such luxuries...
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #177 on: July 31, 2017, 01:13:00 PM »
Our skill level & composure or lack thereof is still a major concern......lucky for us Ablett & May were out and the bad Gold Coast turned up...Hawthorn won't afford us such luxuries...

I would argue that the Hawks could have an off day and still win if we dished up that slop again this Sunday
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #178 on: July 31, 2017, 08:54:31 PM »
Coaches votes (Hardwick & Eade)

GOLD COAST v RICHMOND

9 Aaron Hall (GC)
9 Dustin Martin (Rich)
5 Trent Cotchin (Rich)
3 Daniel Rioli (Rich)
2 Jason Castagna (Rich)
2 Pearce Hanley (GC)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-07-31/aflca-votes-round-19-just-three-perfect-10s

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #179 on: July 31, 2017, 08:55:48 PM »
Coaches votes (Hardwick & Eade)

GOLD COAST v RICHMOND

9 Aaron Hall (GC)
9 Dustin Martin (Rich)
5 Trent Cotchin (Rich)
3 Daniel Rioli (Rich)
2 Jason Castagna (Rich)
2 Pearce Hanley (GC)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-07-31/aflca-votes-round-19-just-three-perfect-10s

Hanley?? Give me a spell....