Author Topic: Alex Rance, think of your legacy and stop the diving: Kane Cornes (Adel. Addy)  (Read 10309 times)

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Oversold it, but remember it’s supposed to be an automatic free kick for having ur hand placed on the back, doesn’t even need to be a push anymore. Remember richo copping it in the first dream time game when scores were essentially level deep into time on when the rule was first introduced.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Didn't look good.

He dived and seeing the Sydney bloke copped a fine for his "sack of potatoes" collapse so he should be fined too.

Having watched the replay, things not helped by the fact umpire got the call wrong. No hand in the back, just a hand in the side

Whatever we move on
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Simple fact is Rance doesn’t need to do it. His footy is good enough without it. I hope he stops because he is better than that.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Simple fact is Rance doesn’t need to do it. His footy is good enough without it. I hope he stops because he is better than that.

:clapping :clapping
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame

Lebowski

was clearly a soft push in the back nevertheless it was there, not happy about him milking it tough

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Was clearly in the side, not even a free kick. Was just out played

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Wayne Carey and Paul Roos are unimpressed with Alex Rance's free kick

"It's in a contest so the answer to that (whether Rance is fined) is no, but there's no doubt Rancey will see that vision and will try to cut that out of his game," Carey said on Triple M.

"It's not a good look for him ... he's an absolute star, the best defender of his time right now.

"Doing those types of things just puts a little bit of a stain on what is a glorious career.

"He's a great bloke, a great person and all those things - he just has to cut that crap out."

Carey is certain that Rance took a dive.

"If you asked someone to do a Superman impression, that's exactly what he did," Roos said.

Former premiership coach Paul Roos said that if Rance was a younger player, there is no doubt a Richmond coach would have a stern word with him.

"If it's a young person, absolutely, you're whacking him," Roos said.

Roos also said it is the first time in his long football career that he has seen a defender dive to that extent.

"Is it smart play? ... I'm perplexed," he said.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/rance-savaged-for-milking-free-kick-in-afl

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
This garbage about his legacy is absolute tripe.  I may be biased but I have never thought Alex was a diver.  Not sure where this is coming from.  Yes he over emphasized the push the other night but it's not his normal action.

Maybe it has something to do with our free kick differential and the fact we can't get a free kick

Does anyone talk about that in the media? No. 

Kane Cornes fighting for the Port Adelaide game this week.  Poor old Alex won't be getting too many free kicks this week. 

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Wayne Carey and Paul Roos are unimpressed with Alex Rance's free kick

"It's in a contest so the answer to that (whether Rance is fined) is no, but there's no doubt Rancey will see that vision and will try to cut that out of his game," Carey said on Triple M.

"It's not a good look for him ... he's an absolute star, the best defender of his time right now.

"Doing those types of things just puts a little bit of a stain on what is a glorious career.

"He's a great bloke, a great person and all those things - he just has to cut that crap out."

Carey is certain that Rance took a dive.

"If you asked someone to do a Superman impression, that's exactly what he did," Roos said.

Former premiership coach Paul Roos said that if Rance was a younger player, there is no doubt a Richmond coach would have a stern word with him.

"If it's a young person, absolutely, you're whacking him," Roos said.

Roos also said it is the first time in his long football career that he has seen a defender dive to that extent.

"Is it smart play? ... I'm perplexed," he said.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/rance-savaged-for-milking-free-kick-in-afl

Talking of superheroes did Carey ever do the spiderman on his mates missus?

Online JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Lets face it, its the only way for a Richmond player to get a free these days ... Rance was just pointing that fact out!    :P
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
Rance is the perennial club joker so think his added theatrics are just part of who he is. Perhaps if he could go back in time he would have played it differently but thats Alex, he is a different personality type to most of the other players.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Lets face it, its the only way for a Richmond player to get a free these days ... Rance was just pointing that fact out!    :P

:shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
This garbage about his legacy is absolute tripe.  I may be biased but I have never thought Alex was a diver.  Not sure where this is coming from.  Yes he over emphasized the push the other night but it's not his normal action.

Maybe it has something to do with our free kick differential and the fact we can't get a free kick

Does anyone talk about that in the media? No. 

Kane Cornes fighting for the Port Adelaide game this week.  Poor old Alex won't be getting too many free kicks this week. 

The only way it hurts his legacy is these media bozos continually going on about it as if he does it every single week. Or any other time he gets a dodgy free kick...you can expect them to be rambling on & Kane Cornes going back to 2011 to find example of more dodgy Rance frees.

Nimrods
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"