Author Topic: Alex Rance, think of your legacy and stop the diving: Kane Cornes (Adel. Addy)  (Read 10304 times)

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
It  balances out the number of free kicks Jack should get.

Selwood has been doing it for years.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Ben Brown does it every game..... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Dougeytherichmondfan

Fined by the AFL.

Righto....

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Does this mean anyone that exaggerates to get a free gets fined? Wow. The AFL is going to be rich because it happens countless times every game.....
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Kristy the clown from n0rf does it every marking contest, but is hailed a hero.
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Lebowski

Trial by media

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Match Review Panel full statement

Alex Rance, Richmond, has been charged with staging during the third quarter of the Round 11 match between Richmond and Essendon, played at the MCG on Saturday June 2, 2018.

In summary, he can accept a $1000 sanction with an early plea.

A first offence for staging is a $1500 sanction. The player can accept a $1000 sanction with an early plea.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-06-04/match-review-full-statement-round-11

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
I didn’t like it and he doesn’t need to do it. The media was correct to bring it to everyone’s attention and I’d expect the same if any player goes overboard staging like that.

On Saturday night whilst enjoying some light banter with the Essendon folk I even brought to their attention the fact that their club were cheats and that lloyd must be their diving coach etc etc.

As a supporter you never forget who cheats and that’s why any player shouldn’t do it because it’s a form of cheating  and no one ever lives it down.

Already people have named those who have  dived in the past because even as good as you’ve been as a player people will still remember the cheating first no matter how minor the cheating is and no matter how great the player is.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Rance shouldn’t have been fined: KB (SEN)
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2018, 08:21:36 PM »
Rance shouldn’t have been fined: Bartlett

By SEN
4 June 2018

AFL legend Kevin Bartlett doesn’t think Richmond defender Alex Rance should have been fined for his dive against Essendon.

Match Review Officer Michael Christian hit Rance with a $1,000 fine for staging, after being pushed by Bomber Shaun McKernan.

The incident saw Rance win the free kick, and Bartlett thinks the financial sanction for the 28-year-old isn’t justified.

“If the umpire pays a free kick to Rance, how can you actually fine him for staging?” he told SEN’s KB and The Doc.

“I thought you’d only get fined if it led to a player being reported.

“If Alex Rance actually got a push in the back, and it was a free kick, the fact that he over exaggerated, he shouldn’t get fined $1,000 for that.

“He might get laughed at by the fans and that for over acting and being theatrical. If he got pushed in the back, if it’s a free kick, he shouldn’t get a $1,000 fine.

SEN’s KB and The Doc with Kevin Bartlett and Dr Turf can be heard Monday-Friday 3-6pm (3-5pm on Friday's), and you can subscribe to the podcast here

“He got a push, so it was a free kick. Are they saying it’s not a free kick?

“If that free kick was paid for a push, the fact he was a bit theatrical about it, he shouldn’t get fined $1,000.”

Rance has been criticised by numerous former players, including Kane Cornes, Wayne Carey and Paul Roos, for his actions.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/06/04/rance-shouldn't-have-been-fined-bartlett/

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
To an extent I am with KB on this.

Rance exaggerated the impact of the push, but he was pushed on the footage I saw.

I remember Richo having that push paid against him in 2007 against the Bombers. There wasn't much more in it than that, and that one turned the whole game.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Kane Cornes, it’s like hearing Bill Cosby admonishing a sex offender.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
Kane Cornes, it’s like hearing Bill Cosby admonishing a sex offender.
  :lol
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richo on twitter:

"The vitriol on Rance free is completely over the top. Yeah he exaggerated the push. I did it when I played and 95% of players have added some mayo to draw a free in their careers. Get over it. #champion"

https://twitter.com/mattricho0/status/1003438415021465601

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Speaking on AFL360, Richmond forward Jack Riewoldt stood by Hardwick’s stance, “annoyed’ at the media commentary throughout the past few days.

“I reckon Robert Walls unfairly commented and used words that were really disappointing about Alex that I think that if you knew him and knew his character that you would never say about a guy like him,” Riewoldt said on AFL 360.

“I saw Matthew Richardson tweeted the other day on social media, that about the 95 to 98 per cent of players would’ve hammed it up a little bit to get a free kick in some sort of situation.

“I reckon there’s a line when people question your play and I think it’s starting to get to the point where people are actually questioning his character.

“He’s a great person, he’s done a lot for our football club and a lot for the AFL. I think the word hysterical comes to mind when I think about the commentary we’ve had.”

Melbourne vice-captain Jordan Lewis also agreed with Riewoldt believing that it was “extreme” to call into question is character.

Hardwick’s call come as Carlton premiership great Robert Walls labelled Rance’s efforts as “pathetic.”

“I thought it was pathetic. He’s better than that,” Walls told Fox Sports News’ AFL Tonight on Monday

“He’s got history — we’ve all seen this time and time again,” Walls said.

“He should be embarrassed by it. He’s done it before, so he just needs to get it out his game because he’s too good a player to let that sort of thing come down on him.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/richmond-coach-damien-hardwick-and-jack-riewoldt-leap-to-alex-rances-defence/news-story/242277e107d587c81a772e3768ae62d7

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Robert Walls throws punches like desperate drunk in a pub to try and
scare people into leaving him alone rather than tossing his sorry ass out of the place
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.