Author Topic: Richmond a side with no confidence  (Read 10478 times)

Offline Puntroadroar

• Premiership Captain
  • Our Very own Top Gun
Richmond a side with no confidence
« on: June 13, 2004, 04:54:18 PM »
team is up by 39 points should have been more IMO, didnt turn up after half time for 3 weeks in a row

it is clear the players have no confidence in their own ability when challenged. Who is accountable? the players, the coach or both?

Fremantle clearly wanted to win more than us after half time.

well done Richmond  ::)
There's no I in team, but there is 5 i's in Individual Brilliance.

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
Re: Richmond a side with no confidence
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2004, 07:09:19 PM »
Sad, but true.

I think its time we introduced some more big bodies into the side to give us some hardness around the contest - Adam Houlihan and Matthew Rogers. ;D  Blumfield, D.Kellaway, Rogers, Hilton and Houlihan should not be selected before round 22 where they all say their farewells.

Did anyone listen to Danny's press conference?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2004, 07:23:05 PM »
That game was hilarious for the amount and type of mistakes by both sides. Benny Hill stuff. Freo stuffed up heaps in the first half. Unbelievably moreso than us. 28-16 errors. That Freo player who kicked a torp sideways straight out on the full. Priceless! We sadly returned the favour in the second half  :'( and once Freo got a sniff they clicked into top gear and ran right over the top of us. Once again we got smashed in the contests.

Once they kicked those two time-on goals before half time you knew we were in danger of blowing it which we did. The game should have been over at half with us up by at last 8 goals. We don't bury sides when we are on top. Never have under Frawley!

I reckon we are unfit as well as a psychological rabble. Many of our guys could hardly manage a jog in the second half. We play for so long then run out of puff. Once tired out mistakes just multiply out of this world. Of course Danny wants old tired players for experience  >:(.

Only good thing to come out of today was we keep our chances of priority draft well and truly alive. By crickey we need them  :-\.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

froars

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2004, 07:23:22 PM »
You know, i simply don't care about the footy any more.

39 points up just to give it away.

Why should i care - they don't!

I really do care lol, but i think you ppls get my drift.  How many of you were shattered after the game?  Or was it just something you expected?  I never had faith in them at half time - just knew they'd stuff it up.

Ox

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2004, 07:26:27 PM »
LMAO
I am comfortably numb.Cant even say i was upset with the capitulation(again),In fact I laughed.
It's clear that the team just cant "Get Up " for Frawley anymore nor should they,you can only do it for so long.
Apart from the obvious coaching errors, of which there were many the look of non intrest on the field says it all. The team should be given the rest of the year off to re-cooperate from the pangs of spuds touch of death.
His contribution has hit hard and deep ;D - thats no joke actually.

What's the point of aiming for finals when you stand to lose more than its worth.
There is no way we can compete against the likes of Brisbane,Port....anyone really so when Frawley speaks of being in the race to play finals footy I just LMAO.
What for ? We wont win any games and at the same time we give away our draft picks.

Tivendale is the epitomy of soft and is just the tip of the big dildo of softness that adds to our feminine reputation on a weekly basis.
The guy cannot handle any pressure WHATSOEVER!
His disposal by foot is comical when any pressure is exerted on him,wether it by by opponent or clock.
He is not alone.
We harbour a cast of MANY that fit into this genre.

Hazleby said after the game,
"We knew they'd stop in the 2nd half"
Surprise,surprise.....he was right.

I cant wait to see Frawley go.
He represents the pinnacle of loserdom and social ineptness while posing as our leader.
stuff off.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2004, 07:30:18 PM by Ox »

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2004, 07:31:13 PM »
I'm not shattered froars cause each disasterous loss such as today exposes the phoney footballers and coaches we have. Goodbye to them all by season end!

Did anyone listen to Danny's press conference?

Yeah nah JohnF  ;D.

I just caught a glimpse on the news. He blamed those two goals before half time. Said it probably gave Freo a sniff and sowed the seeds of doubt in us.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2004, 07:34:27 PM »
lmao @ ox inventing words like loserdom. Seriously, the club need to look at Frawleys position so that the young players know that mediocrity is unacceptable. It is a shame we are in the poo financially.

I am excited about the handouts - financial and draftwise we are going to be receiving.

Ox

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2004, 07:34:42 PM »
Bloody oath were unfit MT.

The most in the comp actually.

Tell me u cant blame the coach for that.

FFS,In todays sporting arena Physical excellence is paramount but somehow RFC is still in the 80s.

BRING TOM HAFEY BACK AS HEAD PHYSICAL CONDITIONER.

Let him give them a programm to live with.

If they can look half as good as him at his age they'll be lucky.

Offline Brian

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2004, 07:45:42 PM »
How many of you were shattered after the game? 

ill raise my hand to that, Unfortunately i made the mistake of backing richmond to the tune of $200

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2004, 07:50:17 PM »
I was pretty peeed off that we lost. If we were certainties to get priority picks at the end of the year then I wouldn't be that upset, but I have a feeling that we will somehow manage to win a couple of games and be denied them.

Anyway, I'm still looking forward to Blumfield, D.Kellaway, Hilton, Houlihan, Rogers, Nicholls, Fletcher all getting the arse at the end of the year and making way for some kids. Hopefully we can snare a couple of good ones. 

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2004, 07:53:22 PM »

I dont think it is that simple oxley old boy. Fitness and conditioning is a full-on science these days. Its no wonder that the hallmark of the lions premiership sides has been the superb condition of the players. Look at what they have pioneered - ice rooms, drips, hyperbaric chambers - OK some of them have been outlawed, but for every one that is made illegal, there are probably four or five innovations that give them an edge.

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2004, 07:53:49 PM »
How many of you were shattered after the game? 

ill raise my hand to that, Unfortunately i made the mistake of backing richmond to the tune of $200

Damn Brian, sue the club!

Offline mellowyellow

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2004, 07:55:09 PM »

Ouch!

I'd get more value for money in the pokies then backing richmond.

froars

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2004, 07:57:34 PM »
Welcome to One-Eyed Bwian !!!!

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2004, 08:03:29 PM »

I dont think it is that simple oxley old boy. Fitness and conditioning is a full-on science these days. Its no wonder that the hallmark of the lions premiership sides has been the superb condition of the players. Look at what they have pioneered - ice rooms, drips, hyperbaric chambers - OK some of them have been outlawed, but for every one that is made illegal, there are probably four or five innovations that give them an edge.

Very true Jake my lad, and we must surely get with the times. But on the psychological front when it comes to motivation to work out, I think Hafey would be great to have there. You can have all the scientific innovations you want but if you have a team full of lazy slobs they still won't get the most out of themselves. They should try looking at a 70 year old man in the eye who is putting in more than they are and see how they live with themselves.