Author Topic: Round 20 Richmond vs Hawthorn MCG  (Read 11424 times)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Round 20 Richmond vs Hawthorn MCG
« Reply #210 on: August 08, 2017, 06:45:29 PM »
Proof or you are just backing a mate. :snidegrin

Thought it was common knowledge me and Dio actually dislike each other a fair bit. But whatever helps suit your story
You shouldn't dislike other posters. You may not agree with them. You may find them tiresome or argumentative. However, we don't know each other well enough to dislike them IMHO. I've had my arguments (some very heated as you know) and sometimes got angry enough to call others names, but in the end we are all just internet comrades with a similar passion - the RFC. :gotigers
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #211 on: August 08, 2017, 06:49:15 PM »
I hate you all and hope you all die the day before we win our next flag....

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #212 on: August 08, 2017, 06:51:51 PM »
Lol

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #213 on: August 08, 2017, 06:52:26 PM »

Ive got fists the size of Polish hams and two bike chains that all keep telling me you wont say that again....
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #214 on: August 08, 2017, 06:56:04 PM »
Proof or you are just backing a mate. :snidegrin

Thought it was common knowledge me and Dio actually dislike each other a fair bit. But whatever helps suit your story
You shouldn't dislike other posters. You may not agree with them. You may find them tiresome or argumentative. However, we don't know each other well enough to dislike them IMHO. I've had my arguments (some very heated as you know) and sometimes got angry enough to call others names, but in the end we are all just internet comrades with a similar passion - the RFC. :gotigers

But it's okay to be mates? You getting dizzy with all these back flips?

Oh but Dio and I actually know each other outside the forum but that's a story for another day

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #215 on: August 08, 2017, 07:03:11 PM »
YR is actually my son.....we've been estranged for years after I walked out on him & his mother and he still hasn't forgiven me....though moreso for making him follow Richmond.....which is fair enough really....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #216 on: August 08, 2017, 07:05:20 PM »
 :lol

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #217 on: August 09, 2017, 06:35:18 PM »
YR is actually my son.....we've been estranged for years after I walked out on him & his mother and he still hasn't forgiven me....though moreso for making him follow Richmond.....which is fair enough really....

:lol

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #218 on: August 09, 2017, 11:40:31 PM »
Coaches votes (Hardwick & Clarkson)

RICHMOND v HAWTHORN

10 Kane Lambert (Rich)
8 Josh Caddy (Rich)
5 James Sicily (Haw)
4 Dion Prestia (Rich)
3 Dustin Martin (Rich)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-08-07/aflca-votes-round-20-superstar-dog-barks-back
The "AFL Hack" is putting togrther a pretty good season.  :shh

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #219 on: August 09, 2017, 11:47:11 PM »
Yeah just like that time Jake King did....or when Hackson won the B&F.....hell, might even be right up there with Woewodin's Brownlow... :shh

- Thomas Sowell

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #220 on: August 10, 2017, 12:05:58 AM »
Yeah just like that time Jake King did....or when Hackson won the B&F.....hell, might even be right up there with Woewodin's Brownlow... :shh
Wow, did you just say that!
It doesn't take much to rattle you does it Dio.

The big boy thing would be to say you got that one horribly wrong and move on. But I'm starting to think you are just too stupid.  :shh

Tomorrow's a new day, I hope it's a better one for ya!  :cheers

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #221 on: August 10, 2017, 12:45:16 AM »
I'd strongly wager you've never seen a mirror you didn't like...but I digress.... refer to my reply to you in the other thread....the first point of which you only just further proved with your reply here.......

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #222 on: August 10, 2017, 12:56:36 AM »
Just watched a reply of the game.

One thing that I noticed which slightly concerns me coming in to the finals is the way Hawthorn was able to open us up when we lost possession. More so after quarter time.

Could have been due to our players pushing a little to hard to make a statement in this game, but there were times where we looked very exposed after a turnover. It is not a feeling I have had after any other game this season. Our backline structure was not as effective as it has been this season in covering those holes. Typically when we have turned the ball over this season, particularly across the half forward line, the opposition hasn't had the chance to move the ball quickly and hurt us because the defence has provided that solid zone across the back half of the field. I thought Hawthorn showed a lot of forward run at times in this game, and there seemed to be a lot more space for them to run in to.

Hopefully it is either just an aberration or just me being overly pessimistic, and not a sign that the opposition are finding a weakness in our game plan.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #223 on: August 10, 2017, 10:43:22 AM »
Just watched a reply of the game.

One thing that I noticed which slightly concerns me coming in to the finals is the way Hawthorn was able to open us up when we lost possession. More so after quarter time.

Could have been due to our players pushing a little to hard to make a statement in this game, but there were times where we looked very exposed after a turnover. It is not a feeling I have had after any other game this season. Our backline structure was not as effective as it has been this season in covering those holes. Typically when we have turned the ball over this season, particularly across the half forward line, the opposition hasn't had the chance to move the ball quickly and hurt us because the defence has provided that solid zone across the back half of the field. I thought Hawthorn showed a lot of forward run at times in this game, and there seemed to be a lot more space for them to run in to.

Hopefully it is either just an aberration or just me being overly pessimistic, and not a sign that the opposition are finding a weakness in our game plan.
No I think that's a reasonable observation. I've been concerned with exactly that all season. I thought even Carlton exposed us rd one with counter plays.

tony_montana

« Reply #224 on: August 10, 2017, 11:13:31 AM »
Lets not forget that the hawks have been in some hot form of late and theyre still very good at being able to dissect most sides structures. There isnt a side in the comp that doesnt cop transitional goals over the top from turnovers. Personally I think we've gone from the worst in the league last year to one of the best at covering and protecting it this season.