Author Topic: Should we believe in the Tigers or will our expectations be crushed again?  (Read 6008 times)

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Anybody torn? Are we genuinely a good chance to finish top 4, win a couple of finals and maybe even have a crack at the big dance?

Or are we inevitably heading towards another massive crushing defeat and more lay down finals losses?

Are we the real deal? Should we buy into the hype? Or will it all end on tears again?
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
The truth is all teams bar one in the end will have it all end in tears. We are not alone there.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Im already dreaming of a qualifying final against GWS at the MCG .
Unleash the tornado

Dougeytherichmondfan

If we belt the Cats this week I might change my mind but expecting to be bundled out at this stage. Technically we can still miss finals  :rollin

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
Adelaide look a level above everyone... when they're on. If we bring the pressure that has gotten us to third place I think we can match it with everyone, then it comes down to conversion and taking the opportunities.
Certainly remaining optimistic but not getting my hopes up.
How do you guys think this team compares to that of 2013?

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Adelaide look a level above everyone... when they're on. If we bring the pressure that has gotten us to third place I think we can match it with everyone, then it comes down to conversion and taking the opportunities.
Certainly remaining optimistic but not getting my hopes up.
How do you guys think this team compares to that of 2013?

I would love to play either Adelaide or GWS at the G in a GF. We have the best win loss in the AFL at the ground this year and should be undefeated there
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
After the siren: Come on Tigers, make us believe

afl.com.au
7 August 2017

DEAR Richmond,

Well done on beating the Hawks on Sunday. It wasn't pretty, but at this stage of the year, you bank the four points, pray nobody else gets hurt and move on to next week. On that basis, it was mission accomplished.

And what a week it will be. Geelong at Geelong. A true Saturday afternoon spectacular. Forget about moving the game, even though you'd get double the crowd at the MCG. The Cats have earned some big games at home. They (and we!) have poured enough money into the Palace on Moorabool Street to make it so.

All you need do now is overcome some history. And some history it is. You haven't beaten Geelong in your last 12 attempts. It all started with that 157-point annihilation in 2007 and continued on from there. But you've turned over your entire list since then and indeed the only Richmond player to have been on a winning team at Simonds Stadium is your very own Josh Caddy.

You blunted the Hawks on Sunday with your pressure around the ball and then your outside run. And you had 28 scoring shots on day when Jack Riewoldt was again watching from the stands.

Jack will be back next week and the Catters will be vulnerable. They're venturing into uncharted waters here with Joel Selwood out of the side until at least the finals because of a leg injury. When was the last time they played such a big game without him? They're also coming off their worst defeat at home in 10 years. Ten years!

Surely this is the week for Dustin Martin to run amok and seal the Brownlow once and for all in front of the ineligible Paddy Dangerfield and all his minions. You bat deeper in the midfield and you have the small forwards to put the frighteners into the Cats.

All roads will lead to Geelong this Saturday.

So, here's the deal Tigers. Speaking on behalf of the neutrals, looking for a team to follow this September, we would like it to be you. We would love it to be you. But we're not sure if we're ready to lend you our hearts just yet. Beat Geelong this Saturday, however, and perhaps we will be.

Yours in footy,

The After the Siren Nation

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-08-06/after-the-siren-come-on-tigers-make-us-believe

tony_montana

Must finish top 2 with a home qualifying final. Huge game against the cats this week

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
If we go into finals with all of Grigg, Houli, BEllis, Edwards, Caddy, Castagna -and I hate say it -even Butler at this stage , then I'm tiping the latter......
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
If we go into finals with all of Grigg, Houli, BEllis, Edwards, Caddy, Castagna -and I hate say it -even Butler at this stage , then I'm tiping the latter......
Yet they have been part of a winning formula.....

Amazing but true.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
Yes and the first four are also a large part of why we've never won a final....

Depressing but true.

- Gustav Mahler

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Yes and the first four are also a large part of why we've never won a final....

Depressing but true.

Harsh but fair.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
Yep -seems even after 13-14-15 there are still some who still can't quite seem to fathom that finals are a whole new ball game that  usually requires a stronger "formula" than the one that merely gets you there...... :shh

- Gustav Mahler

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Can't wait to see Grigg jogging along 100m behind his opponent in the last quarter of a final again!

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
From here in, we believe.

Possibly with an element of doubt but we believe.  :gotigers
Caracella and Balmey.