Author Topic: Yarran was on drugs - found Geez  (Read 12267 times)

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Re: Yarran was on drugs - found Geez
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2017, 05:45:00 PM »
RFC

Hiring Iceheads EST 2016

RFC - Recruiting Footy Crackheads
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2017, 05:50:52 PM »
This stuffn afl nepotistic media.

There's not a set of balls between them.

It's common knowledgeYarran was on the pipe at Carlton.
It's the first factual explanation offered for his standing on the ground with his hands on his hips and not giving a stuff.

Oh, don't forget, he played the mental illness card as well.

So that's, Addiction, Geez, Cash and disrespecting mental illness.

What a catch!!

You know what peees me off? People who use Mental illness as an excuse for hiding behind crappy life choices to absolve themselves of responsibility.

It's also an insult to people who have genuine mental illnesses who haven't bought it on by self inflicted substance abuse.
"Sliding doors moment.

tony_montana

« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2017, 05:59:23 PM »

It's the first factual explanation offered for his standing on the ground with his hands on his hips and not giving a stuff.

What a catch!!

You know what peees me off? People who use Mental illness as an excuse for hiding behind pooty life choices to absolve themselves of responsibility.

It's also an insult to people who have genuine mental illnesses who haven't bought it on by self inflicted substance abuse.

Agree with both of you

He's a stuffing idiot
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 06:19:33 PM by one-eyed »

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2017, 06:06:24 PM »
And FTR, I found Geez one night in Santa Monica.

It was the drugs.

Is that how Geez found god or was it how god found Geez?
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2017, 06:07:23 PM »

What a catch!!

You know what peees me off? People who use Mental illness as an excuse for hiding behind pooty life choices to absolve themselves of responsibility.

Agree with both of you

He's a stuffing idiot

He's stuffing brick.

You know what else? Over his contract I've probably tipped in close to $3,000 in memberships and merchandise purchases at the club. That was my choice and I'm an idiot for supporting him and the fools who got him to the club.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 06:19:57 PM by one-eyed »
"Sliding doors moment.

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2017, 06:25:24 PM »
Now it's out I think a few of people will have second thoughts on extra support for the club.

It defies credibility that Hardwick and the recruiting team didn't know. If the Cotch thing is true then I'm very dissapointed in the club

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2017, 07:16:50 PM »
Looks like I will need to tip in a bit more next year then to cover you flogs

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2017, 07:21:03 PM »
Now it's out I think a few of people will have second thoughts on extra support for the club.

It defies credibility that Hardwick and the recruiting team didn't know. If the Cotch thing is true then I'm very dissapointed in the club

Of course they stuffn knew.

But their inflated sense of worth and ability, across the board, saw them actually believing they could set him straight.

That's how stuffn stuoid this admin are.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2017, 07:37:33 PM »
Looks like I will need to tip in a bit more next year then to cover you flogs
:lol

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2017, 11:05:47 PM »
Apparently most didn't know as per the AFL drug policy.

Read the AFL Drug policy Rules.

Offline Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2017, 11:47:03 PM »

What a catch!!

Here here. pee weak excuse

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Mark Williams reveals how he helped Chris Yarran overcome ice abuse (H-Sun)
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2017, 11:51:50 PM »
Mark Williams reveals how he helped Chris Yarran overcome ice abuse at Richmond

Mark Williams,
Herald Sun
19 August 2017

THE moment Chris Yarran confided in me he was using “ice” presented me with one of the biggest dilemmas of my football life.

It was early into his time at Richmond, and he was already under considerable pressure because he was injured, bringing about a negative head space for him, and constant attention from others.

He came to me one day, and said, ‘I need to tell you something ... I need to be honest’. I said to him, ‘What do you mean?’ I immediately went around to his house and he told me.

Having not really known anyone with that sort of problem, I was like, ‘Where did you get it?’ He assured me it came from outside the club and had nothing to do with the Richmond Football Club.

My first reaction was to feel for him. Who knows what comes first, injuries, depression or drugs? But it was tears that followed.

Chris had some major family issues at the time, but if you add in his constant battle with injuries, mental health issues and the drugs, it became a toxic mix.

My second reaction — and the most powerful — was how can we help him. That was where the dilemma came in, given the football environment that we operate in, I wasn’t allowed to tell anyone about Chris’ problem.

I actually agree with the AFL’s policy of keeping players’ drug issues private. But knowing what I knew about Chris put me in an awkward position.

I was employed by the club and had a great working relationship and connection with senior coach Damien Hardwick, yet I wasn’t able to tell him what was really happening to the player who was meant to be his star recruit.

We made a pact that whenever I called him - no matter what time of the day or night - he had to answer the phone. I told him I wasn’t judging him; I just needed to know that he was OK.

He would always answer when I rang.

I called over to his house as often as I could, to check on him. Whenever he was in the shower or distracted, I would have a quick look around the place to make sure nothing was out of hand or looking through his fridge to make sure it was stocked with the right stuff.

It wasn’t long before I found out that the doctor also knew of Chris’ problem. When I discussed it with the doc, we were as relieved as each other that we could work together to help Chris.

There is huge pressure and enormous responsibility on the doctors at all clubs in this regard. The AFL must acknowledge that and take care of them too.

Others within the club, including the players, who were out of the loop, thought he was unprofessional and letting the team down when he missed a training session or a meeting or a massage. They didn’t know.

In the end, I convinced Chris we needed to bring “Dimma” (Hardwick) into the loop.

It took me a while to get him to agree to that, but once we did, we also let a few others into our small circle of trust, including football manager Dan Richardson.

Unbeknown to most people inside the club and everyone outside of it, we put into place a lot of measures, including sending Chris away for rehab.

The amount of love and care invested in Chris from a small group of people - who didn’t want anything other than for his welfare to be attended to - was something they should be proud about.

Unfortunately, Chris never got to play a game with the Tigers, but that circle of trust have never stopped hoping he would one day get his life in order.

Watching Chris’ video on Thursday night was a marvellous thing. He has found God and seems to have found some peace.

If it turns out Chris Yarran is a happy man, living a clean and grateful life, it will be a big tick — and a big relief. Reflecting on it now, it is great to know that the AFL and Richmond, in particular, had the welfare of the player as the most paramount objective.

I am sure that other clubs reading this understand how important building trust between players and the staff at the clubs works in everyone’s best interests.

Who knows? Being a football coach, you also start to think that maybe - just maybe - the game could give this guy another chance, because such rare talents are hard to find.

Mark Williams was a member of the Richmond coaching staff in 2016

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/mark-williams-reveals-how-he-helped-chris-yarran-overcome-ice-abuse-at-richmond/news-story/9e6ea4fdb94060ca74ca238110f52c49

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2017, 12:00:39 AM »
Choco - you're in charge of the ice head.

LMAOOO
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2017, 12:02:49 AM »
This thread title

For sucks sake, the football public are morons.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2017, 01:53:12 AM »
If god is all powerful and all knowing, why did he and his son sit on their hands with indifference as he got addicted in the first place?

Seems pretty callous. Geez could have prevented this.
"Sliding doors moment.