Author Topic: Treloar  (Read 30782 times)

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Treloar
« Reply #120 on: November 05, 2020, 07:15:37 PM »
I'd want Collingwood paying 300/year and only a modest pick price

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #121 on: November 05, 2020, 08:56:01 PM »
No, the player demonstrated a complete lack of respect for us as a side, our captain Trent Cotchin (remember when he patted him on the head) and Blair Hartley and these commentators want and are recommending we take him now when he's a basket case. Stay way clear of this joker and if we as a club have any self respect will not go anywhere near this DH.

But just imagine the melts if he came over and we won another flag!

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #122 on: November 06, 2020, 09:58:03 AM »
No, the player demonstrated a complete lack of respect for us as a side, our captain Trent Cotchin (remember when he patted him on the head) and Blair Hartley and these commentators want and are recommending we take him now when he's a basket case. Stay way clear of this joker and if we as a club have any self respect will not go anywhere near this DH.

Personally I believe keeping one's self respect organizationally is a lot higher than any potential gain that may come from his acquisition, but that is just my view and I hope it is the clubs.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #123 on: November 06, 2020, 10:31:10 AM »
 No place for grudges in a forward looking organisation. If he makes us a stronger team we consider him on merits.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #124 on: November 06, 2020, 10:33:20 AM »

Personally I believe keeping one's self respect organizationally is a lot higher than any potential gain that may come from his acquisition, but that is just my view and I hope it is the clubs.

Nope, it's the other way around. Club is a business and the best measure of success is winning flags. If a player like Treloar can help us do that then it's in our best interest.

Leave the ego at the door as we like to say where I work.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #125 on: November 06, 2020, 12:19:08 PM »
Treloar also isn't going to want to make some guys agree to a slight paycut to squeeze him in.

They'll be 'LOL eff off'
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #126 on: November 06, 2020, 04:40:20 PM »
Treloar has told teammates he no longer wants to play with Collingwood.

Wants to play for a Victorian club that will play finals.

- Tom Morris on Foxsports.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #127 on: November 06, 2020, 05:48:39 PM »
Apparently Collingwood players have told Treloar to GAGF

Collingwood midfielder Adam Treloar was told last week that senior players don’t want him at the football club anymore, according to SEN Chief Sports Reporter Sam Edmund.

“What we can say as absolute fact is Nathan Buckley had a phone conversation with Adam Treloar last week where he told him that Collingwood’s more senior players didn’t want him around the club anymore.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2020/11/01/adam-treloar-told-hes-no-longer-wanted-by-senior-teammates/
If this is true there’s only one question from me.......Why?
The club that keeps giving.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #128 on: November 06, 2020, 06:16:25 PM »
Funny club Collingwood, it wasnt that long ago  figjam and look at me Maguire cleaned out most of the so called rat pack including  a  Collingwood stalwart family ( Shaw’s)
Might be more to do with bad decisions by back ending so many contracts than the player
Treloar has 5 years to go on a contract and he is 28, just a crazy decision making. They imported and paid overs for players for years and now they have to pay what they owe.
For the right price , contract length and pick he would cost, but I doubt that would happen unless he picks us and agrees to alteration

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #129 on: November 06, 2020, 07:19:19 PM »
No mention of Richmond which will please some.

Media linking the Saints & Hawks but also talking about a 3-way swap: Treloar -> Dogs, Dunkley -> Dons, Bombers' first rounder -> Pies.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #130 on: November 06, 2020, 08:10:48 PM »
Collingwood will only get a high pick if the Pies cover the majority of his wage, which defeats the purpose of getting rid of him.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #131 on: November 06, 2020, 08:31:01 PM »
No mention of Richmond which will please some.

Media linking the Saints & Hawks but also talking about a 3-way swap: Treloar -> Dogs, Dunkley -> Dons, Bombers' first rounder -> Pies.

Pick 6 for Treloar hell no haha. Not unless they are paying like half his contract?

Pies have a gun to their head. All other clubs should lowball them and tell them to gagf and pay him the full wage for feeling sad on the sidelines like Beams while they either shed quality players they can't afford or breach the TPP cap.

Elsewise, a cheap pick. Mid-late second maybe.

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #132 on: November 06, 2020, 09:06:01 PM »

Sadly you have no idea. all the best.

Nope, it's the other way around. Club is a business and the best measure of success is winning flags. If a player like Treloar can help us do that then it's in our best interest.

Leave the ego at the door as we like to say where I work.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #133 on: November 07, 2020, 12:01:25 AM »

Was that when Cotchin chirped off at him, thinking we'd won the game & Treloar patted him on the head when Collingwood won and said "too soon"...? Just a bit of banter mate.

We were all young and stupid once. I'd welcome Treloar with open arms. Couldn't see him coming here however.
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #134 on: November 07, 2020, 10:40:47 AM »
I'll put my hand up and say I rather not have him at Tigerland. Just don't rate him, never have and certainly don't at $900k a year

And it is that $900k a season that I'd see as the biggest stumbling block getting him

Even allowing for the Pies supposedly "generous" offer of paying $100-$150k of that $900k I don't believe we could fit him under our cap (not that anyone has a cluecwhat next year's cap is at the moment  ::))

Getting him isn't just about the salary in 2021 but right through to 2025.

We have a number of our up and comers going out of contract (Bolton, Balta, Baker etc) next season and beyond and we don't want to end up where we can't keep them because of cap pressures or not be able to reward them how they deserve to be.

What about Prestia, Grimes, Lambert etc? They will all come out of contract durong that period and they deserve to be the priorities

Yes, Cotchin and Reiwoldt are closer to the end of their careers so in time there will be room there but we also have Lynch on a contract that by all reports has been back ended.

Our Club has built something very special, everyone has bought into it and will continue to do so because they all value it. Think that is far more important than that getting Treloar
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)