Author Topic: It's on like Donkey Kong / Friday, Sept.8 QF: Richmond vs Geelong @ the 'G  (Read 26223 times)

dwaino

Cheers Dooks. Those bays didn't light up when I was having a peek last night but I'll look for them today  :thumbsup

dwaino

Cub and dooks were correct  :thumbsup bays updated after 9. Got cat 2 M2 lol. Was going to refresh and wait but before I committed those and went back I saw two bays blank out. I was hoping for something around M10 but remembered cub mention cheer squad is M3 so that should be fun. The old man has been wanting to join the cheer squad for years so I reckon he might take the opportunity to chat to a few.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
M5  5 bandits together noice

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
Sitting in a catered box. 12 froffies and a few bourbons coming up

dwaino

Selwood returning to training this week  :-\

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame

Great

Whats the chance of a Selwood, Stevic double
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

dwaino

Pencil it in.

tony_montana

Great

Whats the chance of a Selwood, Stevic double

Selwood, Stevic, Deboy triple

dwaino

Throw in Mcinnery and let's have a party.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Yessssssssss  :clapping now we're talking big men  :shh

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Yessssssssss  :clapping now we're talking big men  :shh

Here we go here we go here we goooooooooooooooo!

:dancing :dancing :dancing :dancing :dancing :dancing
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Damien Hardwick has complete faith in his Richmond team telling them to embrace finals hype

GLENN McFARLANE,
Herald Sun
31 August 2017

RICHMOND coach Damien Hardwick has told his players to embrace the hype of playing in front of a near-capacity MCG crowd in Friday week’s qualifying final against Geelong, saying he has an unwavering faith in the best team he has coached.

Having lost three knockout finals in 2013, 2014 and 2015, Hardwick insisted this 2017 version is a far more trustworthy, resilient group which plays a brand of football well suited to September.

“This side is a lot better,” Hardwick said when asked to compare his finals teams. “(They are) more consistent, they play a game style I feel is certainly finals calibre ... the personnel, the leadership and the way they play the game ... is going to hold us in good stead.”

“We play a high pressure game, a high contested game, a high tackle game. Those are the sort of things that finals footy is all about.

“Our guys love it ... it is not the prettiest game that we play at certain stages, but it is certainly fast and physical and pressured. They are a lot better than what I have coached in the past.”

Hardwick revealed he sometimes goes home at night to watch vision with his children, marvelling at the transformation the team has made since missing the finals last season, something that almost cost him his job.

“I want our guys to embrace the hype of the finals series, there are 10 other sides wishing they could be us and seven others,” he said. “I was one of those guys who was like ‘don’t pay attention to the hype’, but you know what, it is not often you get there, so enjoy it.

“I get nervous, don’t get me wrong. I get anxious about all that, then I look at our team board and I look at the players who have delivered in spades for us all year.

“I’ve got players in our VFL side smashing it at the moment, so it is an exciting place to be.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/damien-hardwick-has-complete-faith-in-his-richmond-team-telling-them-to-embrace-finals-hype/news-story/871fe8b339a62971f94300ff2bd0fe9f

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
How many of the OER faithful are actually even thinking about this game ??

Are you all like me and just consumed with the Dusty circus ??
Unleash the tornado

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
I'm thinking of this game
This is our biggest game in 30 odd years
Will we absorb the pressure and come out victorius and let the circus consume us.

Can already see the cats staying low key in the lead up and Ricond being Apollo Creed vs Drago fight

Inb4 selwood gets named last minute and the bye killed our momemtum

dwaino

I was thinking about it early in the week but knowing it's another week away was kind of a buzzkill.