Author Topic: Describe how you feel about last nights win and making the grand final.  (Read 1991 times)

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Personally i feel a strange combination of elation, surrealism and relief.

As an under 45 im too young to remember 1980. ive had years of conditioning that we are a joke of a club and are unsuccessful. in this respect the win was a relief.

But also elation that we finally made it to the grand final.

All in all its a surreal experience and it feels very odd, but in a great way  :gotigers
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Describe how you feel about last nights win and making the grand final.
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 09:42:26 AM »
Still feels surreal to me

Will confess i was relatively unemotional when the siren went. Just trying to get my head around what had just happened

But when i got home i shed a tear.

I remember 1980 & 1982

So all I can say is people really enjoy this, it is special, really special  :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2017, 09:44:40 AM »
You nailed it Dooks . Surreal and relief . ...and now worry over Cotchin who was BOG yesterday.  Cotchin was Hodge like yesterday .
Unleash the tornado

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2017, 09:45:04 AM »
I had to watch the Prelim on the TV.

I was really calm before the game, and during the game I felt really confident we would win. Never thought we would lose (but admit I got a little nervous when GWS got the margin back to 23 points in the last qtr though).

After the game, I still felt really confident that we would win the flag. I was pretty emotional too, and very proud of the boys.

This morning I wake up to all this garbage about Cotchin, and my confidence has been dented. Guess the euphoria has faded a little.

All my family and friends know how emotionally tied up with the Tigers I am. They all tell me to enjoy this week, which I really want to do. I just hope Cotch gets cleared to play.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2017, 10:51:28 AM »
What an amazing day that was.
I still cannot believe it!!

I'll watch the replay later today but I'm 1000% sure it won't be the only time this week.

Reserves play today in the GF, Dusty tomorrow night and then the biggest day in 37 years for our great club.

Enjoy the week boy and girls.

dwaino

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2017, 10:52:43 AM »
For me it didn't sink in until the announcer dude at the ground said it. Then I lost my poo.

Won't lie though that there was a small part of me that was going to be relieved had we lost. Losing a granny is going to be soul destroying. Winpls.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2017, 10:57:17 AM »
I feel turgid
Lots of people name their swords......

dwaino

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2017, 10:59:35 AM »
I feel turgid

hahaha what a word. Some spelling bee somewhere: "turgid. T U R G I D, turgid. I'm feeling turgid."

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2017, 11:27:06 AM »
Had to hold back tears from before the game until last night.

Am 28, went to losing elims three years in a row, and the quali in '01. Don't think I went to the semi in '01 either.

Am shocked we have made it, let alone the top four. I was hoping we'd round out the top eight. Was never convinced we were any good until our games vs Freo + St Kilda late in the season, until then just thought we'd stuffed a few games up or just beaten some mediocre teams but nobody any good.

Now just stressed I won't get a GF ticket...

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2017, 11:36:47 AM »
Was elated.
Saw a bloke in the crowd who had a tear and I went to him, gave him a massive squeeze and told
him that today was worth all the poo we had to put up with over these past 35 years.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2017, 12:06:33 PM »
i was high fiving and hugging blokes i didnt even know. The most excited person i saw without a doubt was michael gardiner. He was off his dial with butch gale and embley, they were hugging everyone.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2017, 12:07:46 PM »
Been there, done that! 
One of my earliest memories is the Tigers winning the '69 flag, I remember watching the replay on our B&W telly, feeling pleased that I had backed a winner (the rest of my family were Footscray supporters) & basked in the glory that is a premiership winning screamer in the dying moments from Royce Hart.  Then in '72 we lost the granny to the scum after kicking a record losing score, my mate rubbed it in plenty for months afterwards!  '73 saw us return the favor with a belting victory over the same scum bags from a year ago.  Laurie Fowler dumped Nichols & Balmey whacked Southby several times until he went down & we held up the cup!  I acted it out for my mate many times - "Here comes Laurie & BANG!  Balmey's swinging haymakers like a haymaking machine!"  I can still hear his pathetic protests, "But its not fair to knock out our players like that!"  I almost felt sorry for Norf in '74 but there was no way the greatest Richmond side of all time was going to lose to a bunch of pretty cheque book recruits with blow waved hair.  Smashing the filth in '80 was absolute bliss!  KB & Cloke beat the filth by themselves, all the other goals were just party time! 
After watching 4 premierships by the age of 15 made me think we knew how it was done, that when we flexed some muscle the whole league winced & ran for their lives! 
Now I don't need to tell any of you that all that was a long time ago & that things have changed, but when I see Dusty busting tackles & smacking it through the big sticks with authority it all looks pretty familiar!  Alex Rance or Dick Clay?  When Jack floats across the pack & nails a mark in the square I have to remind myself that he isn't Royce!  Watching our boys coming from nowhere & storming into a GF is just like watching any of our great sides from years ago!  The hisses & growls turn into roars & the whole league still shivers!  Some things never change, premiership standard football is timeless!  Pull on your Tiger skins & wear them with pride, we have a roar that other clubs envy!  Wake the fearsome beast up & strike fear into the hearts of all who oppose us, its feeding time at the G!     
 :gotigers     
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2017, 12:15:24 PM »
I think I'm still in shock. I shed tears when we beat Geelong that was just amazing. Last night was different I think I was just amazed I couldn't be emotional lol who knows.

Both games on record. 1 more for hattrick please.
Go Tigers!

dwaino

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2017, 12:20:38 PM »
Had to hold back tears from before the game until last night.

Am 28, went to losing elims three years in a row, and the quali in '01. Don't think I went to the semi in '01 either.

Am shocked we have made it, let alone the top four. I was hoping we'd round out the top eight. Was never convinced we were any good until our games vs Freo + St Kilda late in the season, until then just thought we'd stuffed a few games up or just beaten some mediocre teams but nobody any good.

Now just stressed I won't get a GF ticket...

31 here. Was probably a tiny bit young to appreciate the 95 semi, was in a late teen/early 20 no-into-footy phase for 2001 so this is my first time too. How poo are we to have an entire generation that hasn't seen anything. But then again we would be a generation that doesn't expect it either.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2017, 12:29:06 PM »
Dream come true to celebrate with lifelong friends, mates and their kids and my nephew who are now all mid 20s and have done it hard.
Best days of my life, footy (Richmond) and the people I've met and adventures I've had along the way is my life.
The journey now this is what it's all about.