Author Topic: Biggest sooky little babies?  (Read 196409 times)

Offline Thrasher97

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Biggest sooky little babies?
« Reply #180 on: July 03, 2019, 03:04:37 PM »
That sooky baby Chris Scott going on about how grand final at the g for the next 40 years is a travesty.
   :wallywink

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #181 on: July 08, 2019, 10:53:50 AM »
The Tigers are now settling their side after getting seven players back from injury after the bye. With Jack Riewoldt’s return around the corner, they could very easily find themselves back in the top four, and wouldn’t that scare Geelong if Richmond finishes fourth.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2019/07/07/round-16-talking-points-could-the-pies-slide-how-many-are-still-in-the-top/

:yep

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #182 on: July 08, 2019, 12:17:23 PM »
I always maintain football is for the fans. I wouldn’t actually be against the GF to be held at Adelaide oval if the GF was a showdown. Similarly for a western derby. But outside of that it has to be at the MCG

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #183 on: July 08, 2019, 12:54:17 PM »
I always maintain football is for the fans. I wouldn’t actually be against the GF to be held at Adelaide oval if the GF was a showdown. Similarly for a western derby. But outside of that it has to be at the MCG

The logistics of that is impossible

Sadly it’s now a corporate event and a large percentage of tickets are pre sold

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #184 on: July 08, 2019, 01:11:03 PM »

The logistics of that is impossible

Sadly it’s now a corporate event and a large percentage of tickets are pre sold
Who’s game is it? Who’s league was it that expanded into a national league?

If the interstate clubs wanted it they should’ve had the better league.

It’s our game born and bred in our city. It should NEVER leave the MCG EVER! 

If the interstate teams don’t like it then they can start their own national competition and see how i that goes for them.  :rollin
The club that keeps giving.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #185 on: July 08, 2019, 01:18:33 PM »
It’s pretty simple.
Interstate teams get a massive advantage through the getting 10 proper home advantage game through the H&M season.
Melbourne based teams would be lucky to get 3 or 4 equivalent home game advantages. So that imbalance gets them into the finals, then they have to deliver in the finals to win the thing
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #186 on: July 08, 2019, 01:25:33 PM »
I agree with Damo.

The corporate factor is not to be underestimated.

AFL would lose SOOO much $$ if they weren't able to hold it at the 'G.

I don't think they'd give too much of a poo about the average fans not being able to get in, but if they don't have as many corporate boxes and MCC seating to fill they'll never let it leave.

And frankly, there's only MAYBE 2 other stadiums in the country that could hold the GF anyway. So unless every major city's stadium can potentially host it, none should, outside the 'G.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #187 on: July 08, 2019, 05:29:24 PM »
I know England 's barely more than half the size Victoria with a population  more than twice that of Australia but do supporters of clubs from outside London ever whinge that the FA Cup Final is always at Wembley? Even the Rugby League Cup Final is always there and nearly every team in the comp. is either from Yorkshire or Lancashire way up in the north.......... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #188 on: July 08, 2019, 05:31:47 PM »
I know England 's barely more than half the size Victoria witn a population  more than twice of Australia but do supporters of club's from outside London ever whinge that the FA Cup Final is always at Wembley...even the Rugby League Cup Final is always there and nearly every team in the comp. is either from Yorkshire or Lancashire way up in the north... :shh

No1 plays home games at Wembley so there’s no home ground advantage to complain about.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #189 on: July 08, 2019, 05:38:54 PM »
Actually Spurs did for the last few years until last season... :shh

Anyway it's about travel & geography as much as home ground advantage - Geelong still complain yet are only across the bay and play at the 'G all the time including home fixtures v Hawthorn & Collingwood...   :shh :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #190 on: July 08, 2019, 05:59:05 PM »
Actually Spurs did for the last few years until last season... :shh

Anyway it's about travel & geography as much as home ground advantage - Geelong still complain yet are only across the bay and play at the 'G all the time including home fixtures v Hawthorn & Collingwood...   :shh :shh

Yup only because they were waiting for their new one to get built which was supposed to be done at the start of the season but dragged out big time.

I’d say home ground advantage is significantly the biggest gripe of fans and tbh apart from the grand final I think they have a good claim to hosting finals in Geelong should they qualify to. It’s not up to them to make the afl the most money possible which let’s face it is the only reason they make them have it at the MCG. They’ve proven time and time again that they don’t give a damn about the fans. In any case if you’re good enough you’ll win no matter where you play, didn’t hear them complaining in their golden era, fact is after Scott’s first year in charge they’ve been nowhere near it.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #191 on: July 08, 2019, 07:35:30 PM »
Geelong poo me to tears. Their supporters are the stuffing pits.
They are the only Melbourne club to have a genuine home ground advantage. All the rest share the MCG or Marvell meaning there isn’t any advantage most of the time. But they do it so their members and supporters can come and watch most/all games. That is what it’s about surely!!

Interstate teams do have a home ground advantage but they have to travel every other week evening their home ground advantage out IMO.

Geelong wants their cake and eat it too.

How would they think it would work for a home final at their pooheap of a ground against us?
Would it be 50 50 allocation for members of both clubs?
How would their members feel if they shelled out their hard earned all year to watch games only to miss out on a seat in a final?
If it were me I would tell them to shove it.

I always thought Brad Scott was the biggest flog out of the two but I’m changing my mind now.

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #192 on: July 08, 2019, 09:03:28 PM »

WTF

Chris Scott with the money shot?

Got him right between the eyes.

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #193 on: July 09, 2019, 09:09:59 PM »
Lol

Money shot

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #194 on: July 11, 2019, 10:50:43 AM »
what in boocarky is going on in here???
Lots of people name their swords......