Author Topic: Noah Balta [merged]  (Read 118328 times)

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
Re: Noah Balta [merged]
« Reply #615 on: April 17, 2023, 08:53:40 AM »
Gunna go as far to say id drop him this week despite the situation we are in. Just not good enough at this stage of his career to dish up such laughable performances.
Rance took a while to come up to standard, I would persevere with Noah, he has some great qualities IMHO
Noah is not Rance and imo will never be as good as him.Different players different times different circumstances.

Cmon he is 24 this year. In his 5th season and played what 67 games.He is no longer a kid yet the same problems he has had as a kid keep rearing their ugly head.
Time to say hey mate this cannot keep happening you have to learn from your mistakes you must improve at least  to the point where your not a laughing stock.
At this point in time give me Tarrant a freakin 34 yr old on his last legs and a second season Gibcus every day of the week.
Most of all we they have to stop making excuses for this bloke every time he regresses its just not good enough.
Sorry noah but we cannot accept that im dropping ya. Thats what id do if i was Hardwick. Imo a bit of tough love is required here for the message to sink in.

Maybe you are right, but Noah did have a long sustained injury which may have affected his development.
Personally I like his passion and drive.
He is certainly in our best 22 at the moment.
I would not want to trade him.
A bit more discipline and he is going to be even better.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Balta inks new two-year deal (RFC site)
« Reply #616 on: May 11, 2023, 11:56:37 AM »
Noah Balta has inked a new two-year deal, tying him to the Club until at least the end of 2025.

Balta, 23, has played 70 games in the Yellow and Black since initially being selected with Richmond’s second pick, selection No. 25 overall at the 2017 AFL National Draft.

After spending his first year at the Club in the VFL, Balta earned his AFL debut in the season opener of his second campaign as a ruck/forward.

Balta went on to play 13-matches that year before solidifying his spot as a key defender in his third year, 2020.

Having only just turned 21, Balta then became the youngest member of Richmond's 2020 AFL premiership team.

The power athlete has remained an important member of the Tigers' back line ever since, with his versatility also remaining something for opposition coaches to be wary of.

Balta has had a solid start to 2023, highlighted by a stellar performance against Adelaide in Round 2, where he pulled down a massive nine intercept marks, including four contested.

Richmond General Manager - Football Talent Blair Hartley said the pair (Balta and Young) were important acquisitions for the Club's future.

"It has been pleasing to see Noah and Tylar playing together as our key defensive pair for most of the start to this season, building synergy and not being overawed by the tasks of playing on the opposition's best forwards," he added.

"Noah has achieved a lot in his first five years with us, and we believe his best football is still to come.

"This contract extension rewards his hard work behind the scenes. We look forward to seeing his game continue to grow as he is an important part of our future."

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1327571/balta-and-young-commit-to-richmond

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
Re: Noah Balta inks new two-year deal [update]
« Reply #617 on: May 12, 2023, 07:30:56 PM »
This guy is a dumb dumb
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Buddysucks

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #618 on: May 12, 2023, 09:55:16 PM »
Thought he’s been pretty good tonight.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #619 on: May 12, 2023, 10:01:46 PM »
After the first 15 minutes, tonight would go close to Balta's best match for the Club. Excellent game!
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #620 on: May 12, 2023, 10:04:23 PM »
Needs to use his noggin and make better decisions when disposing the footy.

Defensively was very good. Got monstered by Hawkins a couple of times by who doesn’t really.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #621 on: May 13, 2023, 12:39:23 AM »
Was very good after QT

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #622 on: May 13, 2023, 01:49:21 AM »
Agree with most of the above.

Which is great to see from him given he sometimes gets down on himself and you see his confidence drop/body language turn negative.

Was a very mature performance from him. Got back on the horse at QT and kept fatass out of the game until junk time.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
‘No place I’d rather be’: Balta (Foxsports)
« Reply #623 on: May 13, 2023, 04:52:22 PM »
‘No place I’d rather be’: Balta’s brilliant interview after epic turnaround in Hawkins duel

Ben Cotton
Fox Sports
May 13th, 2023

Richmond defender Noah Balta has won over the Fox Footy panel with a brilliant post-match interview after his side’s upset victory over Geelong on Friday night.

It matched the premiership Tiger’s huge on-field performance on the night.

Balta was among Richmond’s best players, finishing with 17 disposals and six intercept marks and getting on top of Tom Hawkins after the Coleman medallist dominated him early, kicking two of his three goals in the first quarter.

Hawthorn legend Jordan Lewis noted on Fox Footy post-match Hawkins was “manhandling” Balta in the opening term before praising the Tigers backman for turning things to help drive his side’s rebound off half back.

“I just thought it was a real mature way in which he worked through the contest ... throughout the night Balta was fantastic,” Lewis said.

Asked what coach Damien Hardwick’s message was at quarter time while he was getting beaten by Hawkins, a relaxed Balta told Fox Footy from the rooms: “I can’t remember, to be honest!

“I’d tell you if it knew ... it kind of all went quick, I just stayed in the present moment.”

Balta, who started his career as a forward before moving into defence, conceded Hawkins is such a hard matchup and acknowledged it can take some time to adapt to playing on the 34-year old veteran.

“I think you just get a good read on him. You don’t want to overplay the front and you don’t want to overplay the back, because he’ll just get you either way,” he said of Hawkins.

“He’s a terrific player and all credit to him. Even growing up, I used to watch him when I was playing in the forward line. He’s an unbelievable player and he’s always had double threat.

“I just had to close down space and I tried to rely on my speed a bit more to close down that space and catch up.”

The 23-year old was also full of praise for fellow defender Nathan Broad for his “terrific” shutdown role on Jeremy Cameron, holding the star Cats forward to a season-low one goal.

After Balta revealed Broad was standing nearby but “can’t hear me,” Lewis said: “Pump him up.”

Balta then turned to Broad and said: “’Broady’, get here mate, they want to see ya,” as Broad walked through the shot and gave a thumbs up to the camera to leave Fox Footy pundits Lewis, Garry Lyon and Jonathan Brown cackling with laughter.

Balta continued: “He’s a terrific defender, it’s awesome having him back. He’s such a reliable defender and we respect how much he means to us at the club.

“He’s always does a little things that stand out from the crowd and nobody really notices. But he always does that get running that I couldn’t be bothered doing, but he does it for me.”

It comes in a year Broad is eligible for free agency, with Hardwick joking post-match: “He’s playing hard ball, I suppose. We won’t answer his manager’s call this week, he’ll be wanting too much money.”

Having played throughout his five-year career, Balta said he now feels settled in defence.

“I’m loving the backline,” he said.

“I’ve got ‘Grimesy’ (Dylan Grimes) and Broady. I’ve got a terrific team around me – (Liam) Baker’s awesome, even ‘Shorty’ (Jayden Short) when he sits back as well. Daniel Rioli is doing terrific down there, what a story he’s got.

“Those boys, I just love playing with them. At the moment, there’s no place I’d rather be.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/richmond-tigers/afl-2023-noah-balta-postmatch-interview-richmond-tigers-win-over-geelong-cats-battle-with-tom-hawkins-nathan-broad-jeremy-cameron-latest-news/news-story/2dd641e877575a9bd6997d2b4e240ca9

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #624 on: May 24, 2023, 02:20:51 PM »
From Champion Data’s Daniel Hoyne:

Noah Balta (Richmond)

“He was our third highest rated player on the ground and got zero votes again from the coaches.

“It was a pretty complete performance, he had 18 disposals and almost 500 metres gained, which is quite rare for a key defender.

“Only Darcy Moore had a better game on the weekend than Noah Balta for the position that he plays.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/05/24/five-round-10-performances-that-flew-under-the-radar-according-to-champion/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #625 on: May 28, 2023, 08:52:42 PM »
The best and not so of Balta on display today. Huge metres gained numbers for a full back plus double digit defensive intercepts.

19 disposals (14k, 5h, 8c, 9u, 73.3% eff.)
4 marks (2 contested marks)
no tackles
2 inside 50s
616 metres gained
12 intercepts
1 score involvement
97% time on ground

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #626 on: June 04, 2023, 04:47:14 PM »
Reckon Noah is in our top 3 B&F so far. Excellent game in defence today on Hogan. Some incredible spoils when initially out of position and generated territory knowing he had the athleticism to run off Hogan.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Broadsword

« Reply #627 on: June 04, 2023, 05:00:04 PM »
You can see what they're trying to do with him. If he clicks with it he will be elite in the competition for his role. A lot of Grimes traits and Rance before him.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #628 on: June 04, 2023, 05:08:10 PM »
You can see what they're trying to do with him. If he clicks with it he will be elite in the competition for his role. A lot of Grimes traits and Rance before him.

There were a couple plays that were so rance like. Read the ball first, intercepted, kept running at full speed and laces out a target in the corridor.

Thats what Rance would do at his best. Balta still has so much improvement left, just needs to take the dumb stuff out of his game.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #629 on: June 04, 2023, 05:34:01 PM »
Yes he makes some howlers occasionally but the good and the more often than not the brilliant far outweigh them

Sensational game today
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)