Author Topic: Noah Balta [merged]  (Read 118254 times)

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Noah Balta [merged]
« Reply #720 on: August 19, 2023, 06:25:56 PM »
Worked his ass off when moved forward. On top of leading and contesting well also chased his butt off.

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #721 on: August 19, 2023, 06:28:22 PM »
Was he saying he wants to play forward today?

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #722 on: August 19, 2023, 06:30:13 PM »
Suddenly regained his appetite once goals were added to the menu.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #723 on: August 19, 2023, 07:00:34 PM »
He will play fwd once gibcus is back

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #724 on: August 19, 2023, 08:27:40 PM »
Will interesting to see if he plays Fwd next week
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #725 on: August 19, 2023, 08:31:23 PM »
First time ever he looked convincing as a fwd. Maybe it is worth pursuing. Maybe a Pavlich in making.
Go Tigers!

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #726 on: August 19, 2023, 08:32:15 PM »
Needs to partner Tom next year.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #727 on: August 19, 2023, 09:05:35 PM »
If he does move forward as long he remembers the shot clock is only 30 seconds he might go alright

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #728 on: August 19, 2023, 09:23:05 PM »
Worked his ass off when moved forward. On top of leading and contesting well also chased his butt off.

Glad someone else noticed. His forward pressure without the ball was too shelf.

Huge work rate.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #729 on: August 20, 2023, 11:41:00 PM »
First time ever he looked convincing as a fwd. Maybe it is worth pursuing. Maybe a Pavlich in making.

You have not been watching he has looked very convincing on lots of occasions.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #730 on: August 21, 2023, 01:22:44 PM »
Still don't think he has done anything to suggest he is needed or is a must down back.
Whichever way we go i believe one of Balta, Miller and Nyuon has to be played and developed as a key fwd.
Im confident Gibcus will hold down a key defensive post for us next year. Him paired  with Tarrant as key defenders along with Grimes and Broad
really does mean tall backs are not an issue for us but key fwds or the lack there of really is.

We have basically ignored this problem for yrs on end and if we are not going to address it thru any of the drafts or trade then we have to address it from with in.

Then it becomes a simple question who from within is best credentialled to be developed as a key fwd playing in the seniors.
No matter how you look at it Balta is by far and a way the best credentialled player to develop there.
Not only does he have the right attributes but he also has the experience.

Going back to this. Still has to happen especially if we do not get an experienced key fwd in to help Lynchy and with Jack Retired.
Will say one of Noah's problems have been the brain fades if you like they remain a constant and it really hurts when playing in defense but is not such a big problem playing fwd. I also think when he has to stand a player he struggles at times.

Circumstance hurt us a bit this year we lost Gibcus before the season and then Tarrant never got going so we had to play someone back and they chose Balta.

Reckon he had a 5 or 6 week period where he looked like he finally found that consistency that he needs and managed to cut a lot of the mistakes out of his game. But then inevitably it fell away.
 What really disappointed me was we could not see a way to play Miller as a defender and Nyuon at all.

Going fwd well if i listen to vfl watchers Bradtke is a dud but i cannot agree at this point in time with that. Would like to see what he can produce with some fitness and a real preseason behind him.
Bauer while a good aerialist is not a KPP IMO. Get sick of having to make the distinction between a genuine kpp height and size and what we all call a third tall flanker type who can play kpp if there is a need.

Next year i Would like to see  us play Ryan is as many games as possible as first ruck i hope they lock him in the weights room in the off season.

Next year  id be real happy to see them play  Lynch Balta and Bauer fwd. Then put some pace  and real speed at their feet.

It not as if Balta and Bauer are are slow coaches either. They both look like good mover over the ground.

As i have done for the last few years now, and asked we play and develop Balta as  a forward i will say it again we desperately need to find a KEY FORWARD who can play straight away. That means a trade of some description or free agency. Imo there is a solution with in and that is not waste another season playing Balta in defence but play him fwd and settle him there.

Do that and then go out and chase the free agent or trade for a mature kpd which is much easier to do than find a key fwd.Or god forbid even try Miller back there next year if he is not given the flick. He certainly has not worked out as a fwd.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #731 on: August 21, 2023, 01:46:33 PM »
Still don't think he has done anything to suggest he is needed or is a must down back.
Whichever way we go i believe one of Balta, Miller and Nyuon has to be played and developed as a key fwd.
Im confident Gibcus will hold down a key defensive post for us next year. Him paired  with Tarrant as key defenders along with Grimes and Broad
really does mean tall backs are not an issue for us but key fwds or the lack there of really is.

We have basically ignored this problem for yrs on end and if we are not going to address it thru any of the drafts or trade then we have to address it from with in.

Then it becomes a simple question who from within is best credentialled to be developed as a key fwd playing in the seniors.
No matter how you look at it Balta is by far and a way the best credentialled player to develop there.
Not only does he have the right attributes but he also has the experience.

Going back to this. Still has to happen especially if we do not get an experienced key fwd in to help Lynchy and with Jack Retired.
Will say one of Noah's problems have been the brain fades if you like they remain a constant and it really hurts when playing in defense but is not such a big problem playing fwd. I also think when he has to stand a player he struggles at times.

Circumstance hurt us a bit this year we lost Gibcus before the season and then Tarrant never got going so we had to play someone back and they chose Balta.

Reckon he had a 5 or 6 week period where he looked like he finally found that consistency that he needs and managed to cut a lot of the mistakes out of his game. But then inevitably it fell away.
 What really disappointed me was we could not see a way to play Miller as a defender and Nyuon at all.

Going fwd well if i listen to vfl watchers Bradtke is a dud but i cannot agree at this point in time with that. Would like to see what he can produce with some fitness and a real preseason behind him.
Bauer while a good aerialist is not a KPP IMO. Get sick of having to make the distinction between a genuine kpp height and size and what we all call a third tall flanker type who can play kpp if there is a need.

Next year i Would like to see  us play Ryan is as many games as possible as first ruck i hope they lock him in the weights room in the off season.

Next year  id be real happy to see them play  Lynch Balta and Bauer fwd. Then put some pace  and real speed at their feet.

It not as if Balta and Bauer are are slow coaches either. They both look like good mover over the ground.

As i have done for the last few years now, and asked we play and develop Balta as  a forward i will say it again we desperately need to find a KEY FORWARD who can play straight away. That means a trade of some description or free agency. Imo there is a solution with in and that is not waste another season playing Balta in defence but play him fwd and settle him there.

Do that and then go out and chase the free agent or trade for a mature kpd which is much easier to do than find a key fwd.Or god forbid even try Miller back there next year if he is not given the flick. He certainly has not worked out as a fwd.

When we previously had Balta fwd he seemed so lost. I remember a pre season game he played well and then didnt deliver after that.
I think Bauer can be a Key forward, just needs to put on some muscle. Hes in the same mould as charlie curnow.. athletic, great hands and foot skills. Just like charlie, needs a few years in the system for strength and fitness. Who knows, maybe gibcus will be the next forward anyway. Interesting times ahead.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #732 on: August 21, 2023, 01:52:36 PM »
If we played him on the wing he can roll back in defence and provide a target up forward as is  the nature of the position in the modern game. McIntosh and to lesser extent Ross and Pickett when he was there pretty much do/did that and he'd be a massive upgrade on all of them at least in those secondary roles - and we need better marking options down the line as it is. Only question mark would be his tank and work ethic. Be handy if we had two more of him. :shh
« Last Edit: August 21, 2023, 02:11:07 PM by Diocletian »
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #733 on: August 22, 2023, 10:41:33 PM »
"The next coach has got to do some work with Noah Balta."

Matthew Lloyd on the 'big issue' in a key Tiger's game.

WATCH HERE: https://twitter.com/FootyonNine/status/1693604424596226555

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #734 on: August 23, 2023, 10:08:44 PM »
If we played him on the wing he can roll back in defence and provide a target up forward as is  the nature of the position in the modern game. McIntosh and to lesser extent Ross and Pickett when he was there pretty much do/did that and he'd be a massive upgrade on all of them at least in those secondary roles - and we need better marking options down the line as it is. Only question mark would be his tank and work ethic. Be handy if we had two more of him. :shh
LMFAO