Author Topic: Liam Baker [merged]  (Read 121753 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Liam Baker [merged]
« Reply #795 on: October 12, 2024, 05:56:13 PM »

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #796 on: October 12, 2024, 06:16:32 PM »
NEW BAKER PLANS IN MOTION

WEST Coast is spending the weekend looking at ways to deliver a trade for Liam Baker as it weighs another Hawthorn offer for Tom Barrass.

The Baker and Barrass deals became complicated on Friday when Hawthorn traded its pick 14 to Carlton for future first- and second-round selections.

The pick had been part of Hawthorn's initial offer to the Eagles for Barrass, with the selection then expected to be sent Richmond's way for Baker.

But despite the shock move changing plans, Baker's management and the Eagles are working on a revised deal between West Coast and Richmond to get the dual premiership Tiger to his club of choice.

It is also likely a separation of deals would be undertaken that doesn't rely on West Coast trading out Barrass before moving onto landing Baker.

Fremantle has offered Richmond its three first-round picks – 10, 11 and 18 – for Baker and teammate Shai Bolton and remains waiting for him if a trade can't be sealed at West Coast.

How the Eagles could turn their No.3 pick into multiple selections – AFL.com.au revealed on Friday Carlton's interest in moving up the draft board – could open the door for extra draft capital to on-trade for Baker.

Hawthorn's latest offer for Barrass – a future first- and second-round selection (the Eagles' choice whether they are tied to Hawthorn or Carlton) for Barrass and a future later pick – has been put to the Eagles.

– Callum Twomey

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1242469/inside-trading-eagles-plot-baker-play-hawks-offer-for-barrass-macrae-talks-begin

If this is true just take it.

P18 for Baker isn't bad IMHO.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #797 on: October 12, 2024, 10:08:27 PM »
NEW BAKER PLANS IN MOTION

WEST Coast is spending the weekend looking at ways to deliver a trade for Liam Baker as it weighs another Hawthorn offer for Tom Barrass.

The Baker and Barrass deals became complicated on Friday when Hawthorn traded its pick 14 to Carlton for future first- and second-round selections.

The pick had been part of Hawthorn's initial offer to the Eagles for Barrass, with the selection then expected to be sent Richmond's way for Baker.

But despite the shock move changing plans, Baker's management and the Eagles are working on a revised deal between West Coast and Richmond to get the dual premiership Tiger to his club of choice.

It is also likely a separation of deals would be undertaken that doesn't rely on West Coast trading out Barrass before moving onto landing Baker.

Fremantle has offered Richmond its three first-round picks – 10, 11 and 18 – for Baker and teammate Shai Bolton and remains waiting for him if a trade can't be sealed at West Coast.

How the Eagles could turn their No.3 pick into multiple selections – AFL.com.au revealed on Friday Carlton's interest in moving up the draft board – could open the door for extra draft capital to on-trade for Baker.

Hawthorn's latest offer for Barrass – a future first- and second-round selection (the Eagles' choice whether they are tied to Hawthorn or Carlton) for Barrass and a future later pick – has been put to the Eagles.

– Callum Twomey

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1242469/inside-trading-eagles-plot-baker-play-hawks-offer-for-barrass-macrae-talks-begin

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #798 on: October 12, 2024, 10:29:01 PM »
Future 1st and 2nd for barrass? I’m taking that if I’m the eagles. That sounds better than pick 14 this season and whatever steaknife was being thrown in. Would leave them with 2 1sts and 2 2nds next year to either hit the draft hard or trade for Warner.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #799 on: October 12, 2024, 11:42:38 PM »
Id take a Hawthorn future first for Baker. Hawks will fall back to the pack next year. Will get ahead of themselves. Found out plus a harder draw.

They'll be bottom 6 for sure. And should be as their rebuild isn't near close to being complete.
Go Tigers!

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #800 on: October 13, 2024, 01:05:41 AM »
Id take a Hawthorn future first for Baker. Hawks will fall back to the pack next year. Will get ahead of themselves. Found out plus a harder draw.

They'll be bottom 6 for sure. And should be as their rebuild isn't near close to being complete.

I’d take that too. I agree hawks will fall off. Don’t think it’ll be bottom 6 levels of fall off but missing finals would still be a top10 pick before all the bs FS, Academy and FA slides.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #801 on: October 13, 2024, 01:29:27 AM »
Get 3 Tiges. We need Jagger, Smillie, Lalor and FOS. This will go a long way to securing it. Having spoken to a junior coach tonight, these kids will give us the perfect spread of midfield talent to get us contending for the next 10-15 years.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #802 on: October 13, 2024, 07:10:07 AM »
Get 3 Tiges. We need Jagger, Smillie, Lalor and FOS. This will go a long way to securing it. Having spoken to a junior coach tonight, these kids will give us the perfect spread of midfield talent to get us contending for the next 10-15 years.
Sounds good,

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #803 on: October 13, 2024, 01:12:09 PM »
Sounds good,

I can’t imagine we will take 4 mids with our first 4 picks. They always say they use early picks to draft the best available rather than what the list needs so I guess it depends on where our picks lie and who is still available, but I can’t see us picking more then 2/3 mids before turning our attention to a KPF.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #804 on: October 13, 2024, 01:41:00 PM »
We desperately need quality mids Khosh. It’s also the player type that can have quickest impact. Use free agency and trade to recruit established key position players and rucks
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #805 on: October 13, 2024, 02:19:35 PM »
We desperately need quality mids Khosh. It’s also the player type that can have quickest impact. Use free agency and trade to recruit established key position players and rucks

I agree but would also say we just as desperately if not more require 1/2 quality KPF’s. We should just take the best available player at our pick, I don’t think we’re overly strong anywhere to the point where we can overlook a player because we’re already set in that position. Just think 4 mids with our first 4 picks is going overboard. I’d be taking atleast 1 KPF there.

Just as we can use FA and trades to bring in KPs, we could even easier bring in mids as the talent pool in midfield is much wider than in the key position areas.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #806 on: October 13, 2024, 02:51:52 PM »
The changes in rules are making the game more and more about the mids. With changes to HTB made and probably tightening up even further,  the ability to break through tackles will become
crucial in the next years and outside pace and playmaking from wings will be even more important.  Our spine is ok, providing Lynch and Gibcus successfully make it back in 2025. I don’t mind Miller at FB, just needs to strike a better balance between punching and trying to outmark his opponent. We also struggled to control ball when in possession. 4th last in uncontested possession and equal worst in avg clangers per game. We need players who can move the ball crisply and in chains like Brisbane did last season.

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #807 on: October 13, 2024, 03:33:41 PM »
We need quality key forward , even if Lynch gets on the park he will only be around for a year or at best 2 .
Gib us to me is a Grimes replacement as a third  intercepting backman not a key forward
Quality forward and not rejects from other clubs are rarely available and if they are they will cost and multiple 1st rounders at best
Just my opinion , but I believe after picking a couple of mids we need a quality key forward to develop, like Richo and Jack R, even when Hawthorn rebuilt originally the built around Roughhead and Franklin
Just my opinion

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #808 on: October 13, 2024, 05:17:36 PM »

I’d take that too. I agree hawks will fall off. Don’t think it’ll be bottom 6 levels of fall off but missing finals would still be a top10 pick before all the bs FS, Academy and FA slides.

Note that the 2025 draft crop isn't likely to be as strong as this year's. So future picks aren't worth as much to us.

https://x.com/superfooty/status/1844988880992469050

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #809 on: October 13, 2024, 05:29:03 PM »
The @WestCoastEagles have spent the weekend exploring new ways to facilitate the Liam Baker trade.

@stkildafc have entered the conversation.

https://x.com/FootyRhino/status/1845317993435422873