Author Topic: How many times have you watched the glorious Grand final victory ??  (Read 9832 times)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: How many times have you watched the glorious Grand final victory ??
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2018, 05:14:47 AM »
Watched it again yesterday  ;D.

The more often you watch it, the more you see how our 3rd qtr was just so brutal. Sloane got a heap of it in the first half and was the Crows best to that stage but he didn't get a single touch in the first 20 mins of the 3rd. We just were all over them and they turned to jelly.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2018, 03:14:09 PM »

The more often you watch it, the more you see how our 3rd qtr was just so brutal. Sloane got a heap of it in the first half and was the Crows best to that stage but he didn't get a single touch in the first 20 mins of the 3rd. We just were all over them and they turned to jelly.

I have been trawling through YouTube looking at all the Grandfinal stuff on there.

Was watching a video of one of the footy shows after the game, and they said that for virtual the whole game our pressure rating was above two and in our 3rd quarter, we ramped up our pressure rating to 2.9. They also said that until the Grandfinal, the Crows hadn't faced a pressure rating of above 1.5.

Now I am not exactly sure what the pressure rating stat is or how accurate it is or how it is generated. But regardless, that seems to be a pretty good indication of what the Tigers took into the game.

Offline ¾ T!geɹ

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2018, 10:47:46 PM »

I have been trawling through YouTube looking at all the Grandfinal stuff on there.

Was watching a video of one of the footy shows after the game, and they said that for virtual the whole game our pressure rating was above two and in our 3rd quarter, we ramped up our pressure rating to 2.9. They also said that until the Grandfinal, the Crows hadn't faced a pressure rating of above 1.5.

Now I am not exactly sure what the pressure rating stat is or how accurate it is or how it is generated. But regardless, that seems to be a pretty good indication of what the Tigers took into the game.
Yep loved the pressure and this is why I'm known as Three Quarter Tiger, because it's the best of the best that win it from here :thumbsup
The third quarter, the premiership quarter, it's Dusty time. He starts to shine and then delivers in the most AWESOME fashion.

Offline ¾ T!geɹ

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2018, 10:59:46 PM »
Oh, forgot that I have just received my 2017 box set of all the games, the finals and the grand final.

I opened the box and accidentally dropped the round 6 game onto the floor, totally scratching it, it then bounced up into the microwave for a minute or two before being spat out into the path of my trusty CLAW :lol hammer. I then picked it up and gave it to the dog and said to the dog "here ya go mutt, you eat every other piece of poo around here, have this"  :thumbsup

But I must say that I am enjoying every other match so far  :cheers :gotigers it's figgin' awesome.
The third quarter, the premiership quarter, it's Dusty time. He starts to shine and then delivers in the most AWESOME fashion.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2018, 11:00:10 PM »

same.

hadnt watched it for about 3 weeks but yesterday i put it on again and also made the kids watch the second half.

My appreciation for jack graham grew a little more after watching it again. Gee he is a stuffin ripper that bloke.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

dwaino

« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2018, 11:05:23 PM »
I watched it again today with the 3AW commentary. Just have the SEN one to go. The more I watch it and the longer it goes on I can’t see any way the Crows could have won despite what anyone says. We mauled them.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2018, 02:21:07 AM »
Watched it again with the 3aw commentary. It's been a while since I've heard Rexy's 'fat-lady' go off  ;D.

Anyway, one of my favourite key micro-moments of the GF. On ya Cotch!  :bow

https://twitter.com/TKYC

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2018, 10:07:23 PM »
I just watched it again. Not sure which call it was, but Mick Malthouse was doing expert analysis.

I reckon he did a very good job. He called the game trends really well, and was way ahead of just about anyone I heard in terms of calling that the Tigers were well on top early in the game.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2018, 10:24:25 PM »
I just watched it again. Not sure which call it was, but Mick Malthouse was doing expert analysis.

I reckon he did a very good job. He called the game trends really well, and was way ahead of just about anyone I heard in terms of calling that the Tigers were well on top early in the game.

SEN, totally agree
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #55 on: January 25, 2018, 04:00:11 AM »
Would love a copy of the 5AA audio, especially any post-GF talkback?

South Aussie fans and commentators on 5AA go feral at each other when the Crows lose a final :lol.

An oldie but a goodie audio: http://oneeyed-richmond.com/audio/5aaclip.wav

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #56 on: January 25, 2018, 11:09:41 AM »
Would love a copy of the 5AA audio, especially any post-GF talkback?

South Aussie fans and commentators on 5AA go feral at each other when the Crows lose a final :lol.

An oldie but a goodie audio: http://oneeyed-richmond.com/audio/5aaclip.wav

It's around somewhere check BF  :help
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #57 on: January 25, 2018, 11:10:44 AM »
  MT there are a few links to all the audio here ( not sure if they are still up and running )

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/online-grand-final-audio.1179236/page-3#post-52909477

The 5AA commentary is gold .
They had already given the norm smith to a couple of crows players after 10 minutes of play.

To their credit they did start eating humble pie during the third - apologized for not "rating Richmond "

Mark Bickley never gave up and was trying to bring the Crows home in the last 

The aftermath was pretty humble too . Some fool rang up and said he bet 30k on the Crows to win .
Unleash the tornado

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2018, 04:33:58 PM »
  MT there are a few links to all the audio here ( not sure if they are still up and running )

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/online-grand-final-audio.1179236/page-3#post-52909477
Cheers mat  :cheers.

The 5AA commentary is gold .
They had already given the norm smith to a couple of crows players after 10 minutes of play.

To their credit they did start eating humble pie during the third - apologized for not "rating Richmond "

Mark Bickley never gave up and was trying to bring the Crows home in the last 

The aftermath was pretty humble too . Some fool rang up and said he bet 30k on the Crows to win .
lol

I watched the GF with the SEN call last night. Whereas Lyon and Spud tipped Adelaide, Malthouse tipped us from the start. Even when were behind in the first quarter and the others were lauding the Crows, Micky kept saying we (Richmond) would be happy with how we're going and at the start of the 2nd qtr, he said if Pyke kept putting extra numbers in defence then that would play into hands as our spare(s) were being more damaging.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2018, 03:37:14 PM »
What was the reason why Butler was on the bench for 10 mins (start of 2nd qtr)? The only thing I can think of is he was dragged for Laird getting off the leash across their HB line in the first qtr?