Author Topic: Tom Lynch [merged]  (Read 408419 times)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
to be honest if we go b2b does anyone really care if we dont get him?

I suppose we would be odds on for a 3peat.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
From Tony Sheahan on twitter yesterday:

Richmond May have tabled best offer. Lynch’s grandmother allegedly told him to choose Collingwood cos she loves the Pies

Q. Hey mate, What are the chances Lynch joining Richmond?

Strong

Q. Have you heard anything about it’s already a done deal?

Announcement as early as next week.

Q. How can Richmond afford him?

The football world questioned the Swans and the Buddy deal. It was ratified. If Lynch chooses the Tigers’ the club will facilitate the deal.

https://twitter.com/TonySheahan/status/1018720131491360768

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Jon Ralph on 'On the Couch' last night supposedly also said Lynch to Richmond.

Dougeytherichmondfan

to be honest if we go b2b does anyone really care if we dont get him?

I suppose we would be odds on for a 3peat.
Agreed, I’d much rather see us win it this year than get Lynch. Would be a hollow consolation prize if we lost the GF but got him.

Q. Have you heard anything about it’s already a done deal?

Announcement as early as next week.
Lol, that bloke. Will absolutely, 100% not be announced he is coming to us next week!  :snidegrin
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 07:23:54 AM by Dougeytherichmondfan »

dwaino

Isn’t it against the rules to announce anything outside of trade period, let alone when it’s about a contracted player while the season is still going? Lol

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Isn’t it against the rules to announce anything outside of trade period, let alone when it’s about a contracted player while the season is still going? Lol

He can announce he is going like Henderson did at Carlton but he can't sign anything
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Lynch staying? 'It's not looking great', says Dew

Michael Whiting
afl.com.au
Jul 18, 2018

GOLD Coast is all but resigned to losing co-captain Tom Lynch in free agency with coach Stuart Dew conceding on Wednesday "it's not looking great".

Lynch is in Melbourne after having surgery on his injured knee and is expected back in Queensland next week.   

"I think history suggests that if you don't know at round 18, and he's our captain, it's not looking great, but that's the reality of AFL footy," Dew said.   

"We're certainly planning for both (scenarios)."   

Lynch has been linked with Collingwood, Richmond and Hawthorn for most of his contract year.   

The 25-year-old key forward has been tight-lipped about his future, while the Suns' have consistently stated they've been happy with the negotiations.

With Lynch sidelined for the rest of the season and successful surgery behind him, it is thought the Suns want an answer sooner rather than later.

"With Tom out for the year, we have parked it," Dew said.

"We're trying to snap a losing streak and Tom at the moment can't help us with that."

Lynch has played 131 games for the Suns, including 10 this season before a recurrence of a PCL problem shortened his campaign.

Tom J. Lynch

Games Played     131
Goals                  1.9      Above Avg
Goal Assists         0.7     Elite
Contested Marks   2.0   Elite
Forward 50 Marks 2.3  Above Avg
Marks                  5.9   Elite

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-07-18/lynch-staying-its-not-looking-great-says-dew#/

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Lynch staying? 'It's not looking great', says Dew

Michael Whiting
afl.com.au
Jul 18, 2018

GOLD Coast is all but resigned to losing co-captain Tom Lynch in free agency with coach Stuart Dew conceding on Wednesday "it's not looking great".

Lynch is in Melbourne after having surgery on his injured knee and is expected back in Queensland next week.   

"I think history suggests that if you don't know at round 18, and he's our captain, it's not looking great, but that's the reality of AFL footy," Dew said.   

"We're certainly planning for both (scenarios)."   

Lynch has been linked with Collingwood, Richmond and Hawthorn for most of his contract year.   

The 25-year-old key forward has been tight-lipped about his future, while the Suns' have consistently stated they've been happy with the negotiations.

With Lynch sidelined for the rest of the season and successful surgery behind him, it is thought the Suns want an answer sooner rather than later.

"With Tom out for the year, we have parked it," Dew said.

"We're trying to snap a losing streak and Tom at the moment can't help us with that."

Lynch has played 131 games for the Suns, including 10 this season before a recurrence of a PCL problem shortened his campaign.

Tom J. Lynch

Games Played     131
Goals                  1.9      Above Avg
Goal Assists         0.7     Elite
Contested Marks   2.0   Elite
Forward 50 Marks 2.3  Above Avg
Marks                  5.9   Elite

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-07-18/lynch-staying-its-not-looking-great-says-dew#/

Those numbers will just improve coming to a decent club, will be like growing a third testicle

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Mark Stevens on Ch 7 said he expects Lynch to end up at Richmond.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
With Crow Bryce Gibbs – three years older than Lynch – and Demon Jake Lever both commanding two first-round picks, Lynch would hold the same value and potentially more. 

As Stuart Dew conceded "it's not looking great" to retain Lynch, the Suns continue to weigh up the possibility of matching a bid or accepting compensation – most likely pick No.3.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-07-18/cats-back-themselves-into-a-trading-corner

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
After watching ex-teammate Dion Prestia win a premiership with Richmond, May said he had envied his friend’s experience.

“Not so much my own future, I love it here on the Gold Coast, it’s a great place to live and we have a really great club set up here,” he said.

“But I know, I went to the grand final last year and watched my best mate Dion Prestia win a flag and there was envy but I was also happy for him because I know how much success meant to him.

“And for him to do it in his first year (was) probably a fluke really but the Tigers are rolling now and he looks destined for more success. But there was a little bit of me thinking ‘oh I wish I was our there’ — but at the end of the day I was happy for a mate to live out his dream.”

Co-captain Tom Lynch’s future continues to be the centre of speculation, with the star forward potentially destined to return to Victoria as a free agent at the end of the season.

Earlier on Wednesday, a frank Stuart Dew said the chances of Lynch staying on the Gold Coast were “not looking great.”

May said he was still optimistic Lynch would hang around.

“I have that glimmer of hope that he’ll still be here,” he said.

“He just had surgery yesterday but I suppose when it does get to this time of the year and he hasn’t re-signed, you sort of think maybe he’s going.

“But he certainly hasn’t told us that yet so I’m still optimistic he’ll stay.”

May said he believed both the Suns and Lynch would like to have the latter’s future established sooner rather than later.

“Yeah (we would) and I think Tom would as well. He’s been a fantastic servant for the club,” he said.

“He’s testing out free agency at the moment and he does care about this footy club, if he does leave it’s to pursue other opportunities. But that would only help us and him and … get trades set up or attack the draft when we might need a key forward.

“So sooner rather than later would be great but he is still recovering from knee surgery, so I don’t expect an answer from him right now.”

May said the Suns’ poor form this year — the club has lost 11 games in a row and recorded just three wins so far — didn’t help their cause in regards to retaining Lynch.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/steven-may-says-he-has-no-plans-to-leave-the-suns-this-year-still-holds-out-hope-on-tom-lynch-staying/news-story/80af8d101d3389d2d884c4cb48c71be6

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
After watching ex-teammate Dion Prestia win a premiership with Richmond, May said he had envied his friend’s experience.
Add playing in front of massive crowds on the hallow turf of the MCG most weekends with the now biggest club in the country.

Richmond = the destination club  :thumbsup.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland

Offline Dont Argue

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
Add playing in front of massive crowds on the hallow turf of the MCG most weekends with the now biggest club in the country.

Richmond = the destination club  :thumbsup.

And he gets to learn from one of the smartest forwards to have played the game in JR8.