Author Topic: Tom Lynch [merged]  (Read 408547 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/08/14/buckley-comments-greatly-angered-lynch/

Link not working in my office.

Summary, anyone please?

Lynch was very angry with Buckley publicly saying they had met.

Had to answer to the Suns and lost the captaincy when it all got out.

Nathan Buckley comments “greatly angered” Tom Lynch

By SEN
15 Aug  2018

The Herald Sun’s Sam Edmund says Gold Coast’s Tom Lynch was angered by the public honesty from Collingwood coach Nathan Buckley about the Magpies’ pursuit of the key forward.

Buckley admitted on Channel Nine’s Footy Classified earlier this year that he has met with Lynch, a statement the Pies coach says he somewhat regrets.

Edmund has explained how the comments from Buckley made Lynch feel.

“What we have managed to find out is this greatly angered Tom Lynch at the time,” Edmund told SEN Breakfast.

“How much damage this does for Collingwood’s pursuit of Tom Lynch obviously remains to be seen.

“He grew up a Collingwood supporter, though, and he chose to meet Buckley, not Damien Hardwick, not Alastair Clarkson, earlier this year.

“The amount of bidding and salesmanship that is going on at the moment is extreme.

“Nathan Buckley told the football world that late last month on Footy Classified, which I might add is all you can ask for as a consumer of our game is honesty and transparency, but it’s not what Tom Lynch was asking for.

“The game is not ready, we are not mature enough to deal with this at the moment as an industry.

“It unloaded a whole heap of crap on Tom Lynch’s doorstep, he was obviously stripped of the captaincy, banned from the football department, having questions asked of him by younger teammates about loyalty, all the things you don’t want.”

Collingwood, Richmond and Hawthorn are the three clubs chasing Lynch’s signature.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/08/14/buckley-comments-greatly-angered-lynch/
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 02:18:36 PM by one-eyed »

Lebowski

He’s just blatantly Ripped off tiges71 who said the exact same story on the podcast

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
I don’t mind Buckley as a football person but his comments shat in the face of Tom Lynch. How did he think it was going to do anything else??
Should be enough to get us over the line if there was still any debate on where he should play.

I would love Lynch to be as honest as Buckley was when this is all over and say “Buckley blew it with his comments and it made my decision really easy in the end”
Eddie’s head would explode.

Dougeytherichmondfan

Again, this is another trailer for the movie.....

Remember back in the 90's when people would pay full price for some crap movie just to see the trailer of the Phantom Menace?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
While the Tigers and Magpies loom as the early favourites to secure Lynch’s signature, Edmund said the Hawks mustn’t be ruled out — especially as coach Alastair Clarkson has ample selling power.

“Here’s a guy that’s working really hard to get Tom lynch to Hawthorn — dog and bone,” Edmund said.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/afl-trade-news-nathan-buckleys-honesty-could-deter-tom-lynch-from-joining-collingwood/news-story/19ed2e6ada95fdb1a59027b156a43e3f

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tony Sheahan @TonySheahan

It’s understood Lynch met with Prestia & Caddy recently re his decision too

Tigers were-are Lynch’s first choice but Collingwood’s financial offer was significantly higher than that of Richmond’s

I was told he met with Prestia & Caddy a few eeeks who and still had little ideas as to where he will play in ‘19

https://twitter.com/TonySheahan

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Tony Sheahan @TonySheahan

It’s understood Lynch met with Prestia & Caddy recently re his decision too

Tigers were-are Lynch’s first choice but Collingwood’s financial offer was significantly higher than that of Richmond’s

I was told he met with Prestia & Caddy a few eeeks who and still had little ideas as to where he will play in ‘19

https://twitter.com/TonySheahan

Righteo SoM, whatever  ::)

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
Sheahan and his mate Ricky are full of it had that trade show last year were 90% incorrect.Try to stay relevant.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Lynch spoke with three Victorian clubs in July

By SEN
16 Aug 2018

The Herald Sun’s Sam Edmund has revealed that Gold Coast forward Tom Lynch spoke to Richmond, Hawthorn and Collingwood in a short timeframe in early July.

Edmund reported yesterday that Lynch was unhappy with Magpies coach Nathan Buckley going public regarding the pursuit of the former Suns co-captain on Footy Classified, something Buckley later regretted.

When in Melbourne undergoing surgery on his PCL injury, the 26-year-old took the opportunity to speak to all three clubs.

“Lynch didn’t just meet Buckley, he met Alastair Clarkson as well, and Damien Hardwick and he met all three of them in Melbourne when he came here to have knee surgery on that PCL that ended his season,” Edmund told SEN Breakfast.

“That was early July, he met all three coaches in a small window and Buckley may have even been the last of the three to meet with him.

“They're the facts as it stands.

“I don’t know who drove it, I don’t know if he drove it, the management drove it, the clubs drove it, I don’t know, but at the end of the day, he sat down and spoke with them.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/08/15/lynch-spoke-with-three-victorian-clubs-in-july/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
From the Collingwood BF board:

If you were listening to Eddie on MMM this morning you'd have to think that Lynch is Tiger bound.

They were talking about Cotchin extending his contract out until 2022, when he is already contracted until the end of 2020. The discussion then between Edddie and Tom Browne moved on as to why the extension would be done now and this was led by Eddie.

It went something like this:

Eddie: Why do you think that the extension was done now?

Tom: I'm not sure Ed.

Eddie: Could it be that they are freeing up cap space and back ending his deal?

Tom: Could be Ed. That would free up some room to land a free agent.

Eddie: Like the biggest free agent available this year?

The conversation on this issue was all led by Eddie and i can't see why he would be angling the talk down this path if he didn't think that Richmond have secured Lynch.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/the-we-must-get-tom-lynch-at-all-costs-or-maybe-not-thread.1176426/page-161#post-57367928

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tom Browne on Ch 7 just said he's pretty much convinced Lynch will end up at Richmond. He's based that on the "evidence" of us signing away our stars with room to move (re: salary cap). He expects Lynch to make up his mind in a week or two.

Dougeytherichmondfan

If he does choose us, I hope him and his team have the respect to hold off until after the GF.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
The Tom Lynch equation: What do Tiges, Pies & Hawks offer star Sun? (SN)
« Reply #717 on: August 17, 2018, 07:42:14 PM »
The Tom Lynch equation: What do Richmond, Collingwood and Hawthorn offer star Sun?

The Rover Contributor
Sporting News
17 Aug 2018

Richmond, Collingwood and Hawthorn all look like they’ve got plenty on their minds at the moment, but no doubt fans of the three clubs will be keeping an eye and ear on all things Tom Lynch.

Latest reports on Friday suggest the Hawks are going all out to secure the Gold Coast star, adding to recent trade coups Tom Mitchell and Jaeger O’Meara.

Former Essendon star Tim Watson told SEN Breakfast on Friday that Hawthorn was being, “very aggressive in their pursuit of Tom Lynch and what they potentially might offer.”

“They believe that might influence the Gold Coast Suns, who may be able to influence Tom Lynch as to where he should go, if in fact he believes it is one of those three clubs.

“I think it would have to be maybe a couple of players as well.”

As a free agent Lynch can walk to another club without any need for trade action, although the Suns could force bidding clubs’ hands by matching the highest offer.

However, with AFL compensation certain to be a draft pick immediately after Gold Coast’s first-round selection - currently number two overall – it’s unlikely the competing clubs could come up with a more attractive option.

So, where do the Tigers, Magpies and Hawks stand in their campaigns to lure Lynch south?

And what are their offers, best selling points and trade options?

Richmond :

Money : $1 million a season for five years. Lowest of the three offers.

Success :
Reigning premiers and current standout team in the AFL.

List :
The big four (Cotchin, Martin, Riewoldt and Rance) have all re-signed to 2021 or beyond, and the rest of the playing list is quite young. Lynch would share a forward line with Riewoldt rather than being the sole focal point.

Tradable players if the Suns are interested : Jacob Townsend (NSW originally), Anthony Miles (NSW), Sam Lloyd (NSW), Brandon Ellis, Reece Conca

Tradable draft selections (as at round 21): 18, 36, 72

Other considerations : With a massive fan base the ability to get commercial dollars is huge. Since last year’s Brownlow win Dustin Martin has been raking in the dollars by endorsing everything from footwear to headphones, underwear to pay TV. This could add another $100K to $250K annually if Richmond keeps winning. Post-career options such as media positions and speaking careers also double when associated with a club like the Tigers.

Collingwood:

Money : $1 – $1.2 million a season for five years. Middle of the three offers.

Success :
Heading into its first finals series for five years, but looking strong and with plenty of talent currently sidelined.

List :
A top-notch midfield of Pendlebury, Treloar, Adams and Sidebottom that can provide silver-service delivery into the forward line. ‘Pendles’ is getting on, but De Goey and Stephenson will be ready to step up. Cox and/or Moore will be nearby, but Lynch would be the main man in front of goal, for better or worse.

Tradable players if the Suns are interested : Adam Oxley, Josh Thomas and Josh Smith are all from Queensland and capable, hardened footballers.

Tradable draft selections (as at round 21): 14, 49, 50, 68

Other considerations : Like Richmond, Collingwood’s supporter base and media position opens up extra-curricular earning opportunities, but not quite on the same level as the Tigers. Consider $100K to $150K extra to be very do-able. Post career options are similar, and would go through the roof if Lynch helped take the Pies to a premiership.

Hawthorn :

Money : $1.2 million a season for seven years. Highest of the three offers.

Success : It’s Hawthorn – they’re always successful.

List :
Seems to be shedding the ‘premiership heroes’ yet still sitting in the top four. Mitchell, Sicily and O’Meara will be around for years but there’s question marks over how good the other young players are. Roughead’s close to the end, but Gunston and Breust will keep the forward line in good nick for a few years yet, easing the load on Lynch.

Tradable players if the Suns are interested : Jono O’Rourke, Tim O’Brien, Will Langford … maybe even a little bit of Cyril?

Tradable draft selections (as at round 21): 15, 33, 51

Other considerations :
Hawthorn might be well followed, but the ‘brand’ doesn’t have a wide reach and endorsements don’t pour in, limiting extra earning capacity during Lynch’s career. However, the club’s reputation as a football powerhouse does wonders for future coaching or commentating gigs, keeping the dollars flowing for years to come – if Lynch is capable of doing these things

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/afl/news/the-tom-lynch-equation-what-do-richmond-collingwood-and-hawthorn-offer-star-sun-afl-trade-free-agent-contract/1f8lv0v8sfjm51czddf7qat9ql

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
But he will make more money from everything else and win premierships

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Suns would be licking their lips at the tradeable players for the Hawks :lol
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do