Author Topic: Tom Lynch [merged]  (Read 407228 times)

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Starting to sound like that bloke that was always at posting on here from the charcoal chicken bar
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tom Browne on Talking Footy tonight:

* Manager Paul Connors back to taking over negotiations.

* Browne convinced Lynch is going to Richmond.

* Collingwood now interested in other players including Dayne Beams.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Hutchy just said Caro will later on Footy Classified have the 'exclusive' on where Tom Lynch will play next year.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
Coming to us so she says
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Coming to us so she says
Nothing new (i.e. he's coming to us but wouldn't yet "take it to the bank"). The only new info was Lynch and the Suns have made up so he leaves them amicably and he's accepted an invitation to their B&F and may even get up on stage to give a speech.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Footy Classified @FootyClassified

Tom Lynch to Richmond?

#9FootyClassified

VIDEO: https://twitter.com/FootyClassified/status/1031515742812831745

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Gold Coast star Lynch leaning towards move to Richmond (SEN)
« Reply #756 on: August 21, 2018, 01:02:46 PM »
Gold Coast star Lynch leaning towards move to Richmond

By SEN
21 Aug 2018

Herald Sun journalist Sam Edmund has revealed that wantaway Gold Coast star Tom Lynch is leaning towards a move to reigning premiers Richmond.

Lynch’s future has been one of intense speculation since he announced he would be leaving the Suns and exploring his options as a free agent.

The 25-year-old has been linked to both Collingwood and Hawthorn, but a move to Punt Road is starting to look increasingly likely. Nothing will be officially announced until the conclusion of the Tigers' finals campaign.

“He hasn’t decided yet is the official word but quote on quote: leaning towards Richmond,” Edmund told SEN Breakfast.

“Richmond, as we know, have done a lot of movement in that space; the front ending contracts of their biggest paid players.

“What I can tell you with absolute certainty is that we won’t hear an official word or the words come out of Tom Lynch’s mouth that he has decided Richmond until Richmond are eliminated from the finals race or win the Grand Final.

“That is the official word.”

Lynch has played 131 games and booted 254 goals for the Suns since making his debut in 2011.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/08/20/gold-coast-star-lynch-leaning-towards-move-to-richmond/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond think they've got Tom Lynch (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #757 on: August 21, 2018, 01:25:14 PM »
‘Richmond think they’ve got him’

TOM Lynch won’t announce where he will play next season until that team is out of the finals race. Richmond is believed to be in the box seat to lure the Gold Coast spearhead, who has quit the Suns.

Tom Lynch won’t disrupt finals campaign by announcing his new AFL home

Sam Edmund,
Herald Sun
August 21, 2018 11:23am

TOM Lynch won’t announce where he will play next season until that team is out of the finals race.

Richmond is believed to be in the box seat to lure the Gold Coast spearhead, who has quit the Suns.

One prominent player manager says he would be stunned if the former Suns captain wasn’t at the Tigers next year.

Lynch is also being wooed by Collingwood, while Hawthorn coach Alastair Clarkson is working hard to convince Lynch his future lies at the Hawks.

With Richmond, Hawthorn and Collingwood all major September players, it means Lynch’s decision might not be formalised for several weeks.

Speculation has grown in recent times that Lynch, 25, is set to move to Punt Rd.

The Tigers have recently signed stars Trent Cotchin, Jack Riewoldt, Alex Rance and Dustin Martin to new contracts.

The deals are seen by some as part of a list manoeuvring to fit Lynch into the side.

Liam Pickering, who negotiated a two-year contract extension for Jack Riewoldt three weeks ago that involved sacrificing cash to help the Tigers manage their premiership list, said player managers were convinced Lynch will be at Punt Rd next year.

“My understanding, my belief, speaking to all the people we speak to in our game, is that Richmond think they’ve got him, Collingwood thinks he's going to Richmond, Hawthorn thinks he’s going to Richmond and Richmond thinks he’s going to Richmond,” Pickering said on SEN radio.

“It would be a surprise now to be if he went anywhere but Richmond.”

Pickering said he expected Gold Coast to push for the best deal it could get but he would be surprised if they became the first club to match a rival club’s offer for a free agent.

And he said suggestions Hawthorn could offer to trump Richmond with a trade offer to the Suns could only get the Hawks so far.

“You’ve got to convince the player that he’s got to do a complete about-face and change his opinion on where he really wants to go. I don’t think that will happen.”

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/tom-lynch-wont-disrupt-finals-campaign-by-announcing-his-new-afl-home/news-story/0ef01d3a858519556e555e11df87ba0d

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
So if it wasn't for the Buddy is definitely going to GWS only to end up at Sydney trick we could start to believe these articles.

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
Did we sign Dusty to a new contract, or is this spud referring to last year?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
The AFL Rover: The more I hear 'Tom Lynch to Tigers' the more I wonder

The Rover Contributor
SportingNews.com.au
21 Aug 2018

With just the one round to go the AFL finals are pretty much sorted, so thoughts turn to other things.

And no one knows 'other things' like the Rover.

Yes, a lot of those 'other things' aren't fit for publishing here, but then there's the whispers and rumours from behind the scenes of Clubland.

So sit back and let our man walk you through a few of those 'other things' while you wait for September to come.

And don't worry, it's all Safe For Work.

Sometimes there’s just a little voice …

Every thing I’m hearing at the moment says Tom Lynch has settled on Richmond as his new home, with a five-year, $1 million-a-season deal sitting on his manager’s desk just waiting for the season to finish.

The Tigers’ Big Four of Dustin Martin (signed till 2024), Alex Rance (’21), Jack Riewoldt (’21) and Trent Cotchin (’22) have all re-signed to show Lynch their commitment and to help the bean counters shuffle around the required funds.

And the fact some of the lower-profile players are going to need to be moved out is being used as motivation for them to throw everything at another premiership tilt before they head to teams outside the flag window.

So Tigerland it is then …

… but for some reason or another the word ‘Collingwood’ just keeps popping up in the back of my tiny brain.

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/afl/news/the-afl-rover-the-more-i-hear-tom-lynch-to-tigers-the-more-i-wonder-collingwood-richmond-rumours-contracts-coleman-medal/2hkx4d6r0xto1x0y9m1bms4y1

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Well if "The Rover Contributor" says so... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
A little baseless stab in the dark to keep the toofless ones rubbing one out
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Well if "The Rover Contributor" says so... :shh

He doesn't get a lot wrong  :shh
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
HOW SURE ON TOM LYNCH TO RICHMOND?

SAM EDMUND SAYS:

“(I’m) at least 90 per cent sure. I think you can be as sure as you can be without taking it all the way to the bank, if you like. I think he’s there, and I think every other club knows that to be the case. This isn’t a six-month operation, by any stretch, they’ve been into Tom Lynch for the best part of two years. Before it even made headlines, before it even made newspapers and TV stations around the place. They’ve been grooming him (to come to Richmond).

“We know all know that his sister now plays there, in the VFLW. We know that with all those big names — Cotchin, Martin, Rance, Riewoldt — they’ve all front-ended (their deals), they’ve all signed, they’ve all taken little haircuts. All the planning is in place, ready for the big T. Lynch to slot into the forward line.”

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/tom-lynch-almost-certain-to-get-to-richmond-but-what-next-for-brendon-goddard/news-story/934166b6146f283e11282d884e9db391