Author Topic: Changes R5 Tigers v Demons  (Read 11700 times)

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Changes R5 Tigers v Demons
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2018, 10:47:31 PM »
Ivan Soldo to counter Gawn and play Nank forward.
Weather looks good for Tuesday so aerial power would be of benefit.

Seems a reasonable sort of idea, but we have resisted that temptation in the past (getting some real help in there for Nank) against better teams than Melbourne, so not sure why they would change the philosophy now.

Also, I can't see Soldo playing very often in the same team as Nank. Again, history suggests that the selection committee don't like having two big ruckmen in the team, so if we do go for more height and support for Nank, then I actually think Chol might be the player picked.

Offers much more around the ground than our other talls, and we place a premium on that, to the extent that we would rather use Grigg as back-up ruck and concede the hitout.

I was at Adelaide game.  Nice night for marking and we're too short.  It really cost us. 

Will be interesting to see which way they go

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2018, 11:20:46 PM »
Hence why we should...

...bring in Moore, move Caddy to the guts.... :shh

:shh  :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2018, 12:14:51 AM »
Conca to CHF :shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2018, 09:12:37 AM »
We need to kick the ball low into our offensive areas and forget about high marks, Bringing Soldo or Chol in will make no difference, they are both long term projects and we have to be prepared to suffer a lot of pain with both of them.

Bring one of them in this week expect nothing and see how they go but low ball delivery is the key IMHO

When Nank is up forward or Jack is the target fair enough but in most cases our best result is when the ball is on the ground.

dwaino

« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2018, 12:45:50 PM »
Our current forward line tactic should work. Dees have no defensive structure at all at the moment and their mids don’t run back. Just get in there quickly and any way possible and let our smalls do their work when it hits the deck. I’m more concerned about contested ball and stoppages. That’s the only thing they do well and why Graham needs a like for like replacement.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2018, 02:56:54 PM »
We need to kick the ball low into our offensive areas and forget about high marks, Bringing Soldo or Chol in will make no difference, they are both long term projects and we have to be prepared to suffer a lot of pain with both of them.

Bring one of them in this week expect nothing and see how they go but low ball delivery is the key IMHO

When Nank is up forward or Jack is the target fair enough but in most cases our best result is when the ball is on the ground.

Disagree with that Soldo is ready has come on leaps.Held his own last year when come in to the side and help Nank.Has improved around the ground and now getting more involved and kicking goals.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2018, 03:01:18 PM »

Disagree with that Soldo is ready has come on leaps.Held his own last year when come in to the side and help Nank.Has improved around the ground and now getting more involved and kicking goals.

What is his training form like?

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2018, 03:05:45 PM »

What is his training form like?
been watching the footy as he drops it, which is a really bad sign, especially for a ruckman. won't make it
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 04:57:55 PM by Assange Tiger »
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2018, 04:09:34 PM »
Well he's no Hamspud.... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2018, 04:58:14 PM »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2018, 12:36:17 PM »
Speaking of Richmond, they lose Jack Graham to suspension, opening the door once again for ball-magnet Anthony Miles. The Tigers like their team structure and Miles is the most similar type to Graham available, but I have a sneaky suspicion they could opt for Sam Lloyd. The 27-year-old is working on his midfield skills and also brings some uncanny goal sense, and they do like that versatility down at Punt Road.

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/afl/news/the-afl-rovers-early-word-on-round-five-teams-crows-may-have-a-bigger-out-than-eddie/1diy3jug066id1uakdqd1epttd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2018, 06:19:29 PM »
Tuesday / Wednesday teams for Rich/Melb/Coll/Ess will be named on Monday evening at 6.20pm.

https://twitter.com/AFL_PKeane/status/986874910717784064

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2018, 06:21:10 PM »
Out: Graham.

In: Miles
The club that keeps giving.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2018, 08:01:52 PM »
Tiger Broad in line to return

Daniel Cherny
The Age
21 April 2018

Richmond premiership defender Nathan Broad is firmly in contention to play his first senior game of the season when the Tigers take on Melbourne at the MCG on Tuesday night.

While Richmond have not yet finalised their side against the Demons, it is understood Broad is being strongly considered for what would be his first senior game since his three-match ban for sharing a photo of a topless woman wearing a premiership medal in the midst of post grand final revelry.

Broad became eligible to again play senior football in round four but was overlooked as Richmond squeezed Josh Caddy and Dion Prestia back into their 22.

The Tigers will need to make at least one change for the match after youngster Jack Graham was suspended for one match for striking Brisbane Lion Dayne Zorko in Richmond's crushing win over the Lions last weekend.

Richmond and Melbourne won't name their sides for the match until Monday night. However, there will be greater clarity about the composition of the teams for the Anzac Day eve clash when the Tigers' VFL side meet the Casey Demons on Sunday.

Melbourne were badly beaten by Hawthorn last Sunday and will also need to make at least one change, with veteran Jordan Lewis fracturing his hand against his former club.

West Australian Broad, 25, became a mainstay of Richmond's side in the back half of last season but is out of contract at the end of this season. He has played 12 games since being drafted at pick 67 in 2015, missing much of last year with an AC joint injury.

With Anzac Day falling on a Wednesday, the Tigers will need to manage playing two games in five days as they take on Collingwood next Sunday.

http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/richmond-tigers/tiger-broad-in-line-to-return-20180421-p4zawr.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2018, 05:48:28 PM »
Didn't play in the VFL today:

Broad
Higgins
Lloyd
Hampson

So which of the 4 replaces Graham?