Author Topic: How's our rebuild looking now compared to Demons/Blues/Saints/Lions/Dockers ??  (Read 3086 times)

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
2010 - We start the year worse than Fitzroy ...finish with 6 wins and a Coleman medalist.
2011 - 8.5 wins
2012 - 10.5 wins plus a three week period where we lose each game by a kick
2013 - 15 wins but suffer massive choke in elimination final
2014 - biggest resurrection since Geez . Finals flogging
2015- 15 wins plus the usual finals choke.
2016 - horrendous year .
2017 - premiers .

Melbourne

3 years of the messiah Roos plus 1under his apprentice Goodwin . Still no finals .

Carlton

Bolton in his 3rd year , Blues sit 0-4 . Got no depth . Getting flogged by average teams .

St Kilda

Remind me of us under Wallace . Seem good enough to finish 9th and thats about it . Now that old man Nick has retired,  they have no stars . Getting worse , Richardson under the pump .

Brisbane

I think they will get better but they have been a basket case since Voss was given the flick .

Our rebuild was done under compromised drafts conditions , which is even more commendable.
Unleash the tornado

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
I reckon despite what they've dished up on Saturday, the Lions will be OK

The other 2; well have no idea what they are trying to achieve

Demons had so many low 1st round picks they've stuffed up which partly explains where they are now. Also think they are mentally weak club

The Saints; well they have always been and will remain a minnow.. no direction, no leadership on or off the field

What would be interesting is to see what their membership numbers during their "rebuilds" are like. Membership numbers say a lot about a club  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
I wouldn't dismiss the Demons yet.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
To have a balanced discussion I think we need some input from the Dees supporters that post on here

Dougeytherichmondfan

I love it, but cmon, is there any point comparing? We won the stuffing flag. None of those teams have come anywhere near what we've achieved (exception of Freo - mentioned in the thread title who played off in 2013. Actually made a decent go of it too. If Ballyntine kicked straight they might have actually pinched it).

Melbourne appear to be in the strongest position. Their list is enviable (after a cornucopia of concessions) and should be pushing for finals. The others wont be playing off in any significant capacity for at LEAST 2 - 3 seasons.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
To have a balanced discussion I think we need some input from the Dees supporters that post on here

That person has done an identical thread on Demontime which has Melbourne just ahead of a "middling" Richmond list.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame

That person has done an identical thread on Demontime which has Melbourne just ahead of a "middling" Richmond list.

I am not surprised at all

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
I think the fact is that it is very hard to turn a club around quickly.

My observation is that we were a basket case for many years.

Incorrect drafts, fractured club, mismanagement at all levels, poor facilities due to no funds.

I think the appointment of Peggy and Benny was great but the major factor was the resigning of Dimma and Dimma realising he was part of the problem and changing his attitude. Also the players having a real honesty session and bonding well and Cotchin taking his captaincy to the place it needed to be.

So in summary we have addressed:
Off Field Management
Excellent facilities
Our player draft selection process
A great list (probably going it as a standalone VFL team also helped)
Coach and coaching staff
Fitness and player injury management.
And a lot of luck with player injury

I think the aforementioned clubs could take a look at what we have done and that would be a great start for them.
Carlton= Basket case and Silvagni is doing them no favours (hope he stays on) ML rating 2/10
Melbourne= starting to tick boxes but got a couple of trades really wrong this year. IMO the team is not gelling well each week ML rating 6/10
St Kilda= Have got several things right but for some reason are very inconsistent (they certainly flogged us last year) ML rating 5/10
Brisbane= are searching for the right mix and are nearly there. ML rating 6/10

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
I am still not too sure how our drafting rates in the recent past, still a lot of questions over it with;

Conca
Vickery
CEllis
BLennon

And still too early to call on

Higgo
Shai

I will put DRioli down as a success even though some on here do not agree and also Vlad as a success

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
I am still not too sure how our drafting rates in the recent past, still a lot of questions over it with;

Conca
Vickery
CEllis
BLennon

And still too early to call on

Higgo
Shai

I will put DRioli down as a success even though some on here do not agree and also Vlad as a success
Don't forget Tambling for Franklin and Fiora for Pavlich.......

Heads must roll! :lol
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT

[/quote]

Yes we could have had Richo, Buddy and Pavlich in the same team

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
I was referring to the Hardwick era ....not the nonsense that happened during the Wallace 5 year plan . Vickery was drafted back then .
Unleash the tornado

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
Completed in 2017.

Starting a new build in 2018.

Dougeytherichmondfan

Could have had Cloke as well. Throw in N Brown at the peak of his powers and its pretty damn formidable.

Richmond under the Benny/Peggy era would have got it done  ;)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo

Could have had Cloke as well. Throw in N Brown at the peak of his powers and its pretty damn formidable.

Richmond under the Balme era would have got it done 

e.f.a.  :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.