Author Topic: Richmond vs West Coast @ Optus Stadium, Rnd 9, 2018 - Top of the Table clash!!!  (Read 22491 times)

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
conca and his 8 iron need permanent replacing. i didnt like castagnas game either. grigg was garbage. Lloyd needs to gtfo

it wouldnt hurt to try a few newbies over the next fortnight. send a message to the group.

Grigg needs to retire now before it becomes even more embarrassing

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
Havent seen our defence smashed like that for a long time. Astbury had his pants pulled down by Darling. Hardwick’s refusal to admit the blleeeding obvious cost us the game. The Coaches box had a stinker starting with Griggs last minute inclusion

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
We made Robbo's 'dislikes' column:

4. RICHMOND

Maybe they were ripe for the picking, and West Coast may have built it up internally as a final in May, but it was the dismantling of Richmond which was of major concern. The Tigers conceded 130 points, were murdered on the turnover, they were unable stop West Coast’s ball movement from the back half to the front but actually had more inside 50s, 56-44. Richmond was the benchmark, that’s how powerful the Eagles were.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/expert-opinion/mark-robinson/the-tackle-mark-robinsons-round-9s-highlights-and-lowlights/news-story/e75090761e53900bb260d174e1307f60

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
Defence was very very poor. Unorganised and just made poor decisions on marking, switches and coming off their man - darlings check side from the boundary which he completely messed up and fell in the lap of 2 eagles players unmarked 15 metres out directly in front come to mind. We actually had more inside 50 entries but the ease which they were scoring was crazy especially first and third quarters. The second quarter we absolutely dominated a lot more than in any of the other three quarters that the eagles won the difference being we only won the quarter by around 20 points whereas the eagles were able to put it on the scoreboard.

Think people are getting a fair bit carried away with the ruck was dominated stuff. We drew centre clearances and won stoppage clearances and I thought nank competed very well as usual. The area I thought Nic Nat was great in was his pressure, tackling and contested ball which I hardly think bringing in a second tall is going to counter. We have great depth in the vfl, drop players who are in poor form at the minute (I cannot understand how butler hasn’t been dropped yet) and bring in those who have earned their chance.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
Havent seen our defence smashed like that for a long time. Astbury had his pants pulled down by Darling. Hardwick’s refusal to admit the blleeeding obvious cost us the game. The Coaches box had a stinker starting with Griggs last minute inclusion

Add to that the selection committee to could have done alot better a few have been poor and should be dropped.Agree when the game changed the coaches box had no counter or plan b.Need to mix things up and tweak our game plan at times.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
The coaches call on our players to lift when down on key pressure stats. They also rely on our leaders to be proactive and drive the team.

The second quarter we dominated but didn’t really capitalise from our dominance. So the third quarter thecoaches would have expected to keep pressing and possibly the west coast would also break as others have.

The difference is that when WC upped the ante we had nothing. Our midfield was smashed and when they won the ball were pressured. WC were clean with the footy and there was no real pressure on them so they could kick it lace out most times. Their forward line was very organised and our defence couldn’t stop them.

It was a bad day at the office. A couple of changes, some fresh legs from keen vfl players that have been banging down the door (ie. Miles) and we should be right after bye.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
I see our midfield to many of them one paced players similar.That's for me were Menadue fits in this side.It's about time we develop Chol or Moore in our forward line give us another dimension we got till rd 22 to do it.

For me we a carrying are few passengers in our side shouldn't be the case as there is guys in our vfl performing Dimma having a bit to much faith.Towner,Conca,Macca,Lloyd and even Grigg and Butler to many.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
Changes need to be made. Lloyd, Conca, Grigg cant be in the side together because they are slow. Butler has been disgraceful the past two weeks and he needs a spell in the twos.

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Good reality check.

Can't win them all, the 2nd quarter was us at our best, the guys couldn't keep it up though.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Defence was very very poor.

Rance running at Sheed, then just takes off away from goals and lets Sheed waltz in to 50???

And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Lebowski

Our defenders have got to stop trying to intercept so much. Rance is the biggest culprit here. Whats happening is they are constantly off balance against quality ball movement  which is resulting in easy marks by the opposition or infringing and giving away dumb frees in defensive 50. Need to tone it down a touch and find the right balance between defending the man and coming off to support. 

I know it sounds stupid given how well we're travelling but I have noticed how many easy goals we concede is disproportionate to our overall goals conceded.

Probably a loss we needed to have to reiterate that as good as we are, we cant rest on our laurels and need to keep striving to get better, otherwise sides will catch us

Lloyd, Conca, Butler and Grigg were terrible. Not sure if we'll drop all of them, actually you could bet we wont as thats not our way.
 Hopefully Prestia is back very soon, I think Menadue, Markov, Miles and wombat deserve a run sooner rather than later.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Got in this mornign at 5.30

Just got up and watching the replay

The TV doesnt show how panicky our defence was in the for the 1st quarter

They were lost, disorganised and pointing fingers

And just on the stadium,  it's very good but it isn't the MCG
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Changes need to be made. Lloyd, Conca, Grigg cant be in the side together because they are slow. Butler has been disgraceful the past two weeks and he needs a spell in the twos.

Bottom 6 looks exposed at quality opposition.
The defence had a shocker as a back 6 unit
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

strongandbold

Not the end of the world, cannot beat them all and can't always be at your best.

We will bounce back next week.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
Third quarters this year continue to be a problem. Need to bounce back hard after this loss.