Author Topic: 2018 Trade/Free agency rumours, scuttlebutt & innuendo  (Read 115900 times)

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: 2018 Trade/Free agency rumours, scuttlebutt & innuendo
« Reply #720 on: October 16, 2018, 12:40:52 PM »
Supposedly there's at least 25 -30 first round quality kids in the draft this year so bearing that in mind - trade  17 &  37 for West Coast's 20 & 22 - which would help then get Kelly from Geelong, who apparently want a pick in the teens... :shh

If we're  "hitting the draft" like the club says then surely we'll at least be trading back into the earlier rounds and not than just accumalating a bunch of crappy late picks?  Either that or we must be looking to bundle them up to trade on draft night to clubs who need points to match bids....even then I can't see us getting a good pick with what we currently have....  :huh

"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #721 on: October 16, 2018, 12:53:30 PM »
If they are that concerned for midfield depth we could look to grab Barlow as a mature age rookie

Would slot in nicely if we need someone.

Could do worse than give him a year....they say you're only as good as your last game and his last game was 37 touches in a crap side that was well beaten.... :shh

- Gustav Mahler

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #722 on: October 16, 2018, 02:08:13 PM »

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #723 on: October 16, 2018, 03:36:44 PM »
If they are that concerned for midfield depth we could look to grab Barlow as a mature age rookie

Would slot in nicely if we need someone.

Could do worse than give him a year....they say you're only as good as your last game and his last game was 37 touches in a crap side that was well beaten.... :shh

Yes but Junior Ablett did that every week too, cheap possessions they may have been but he racked them up. At least we know Barlow will go and get the thing as opposed to Junior standing out the back looking for the "cheapies"

But actually agree would take him as a rookie.....
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #724 on: October 16, 2018, 05:14:02 PM »
Scully for a 4th round pick.

Let's see if the Hawks have special healing powers.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #725 on: October 16, 2018, 05:56:08 PM »
Geez H Geez that's gonna be the steal of the century if he's running around in September for them next season
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #726 on: October 16, 2018, 06:01:20 PM »
I cannot fathom how that's been allowed to happen. Just unbelievable.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #727 on: October 16, 2018, 06:16:42 PM »
His ankle must be beyond stuffed for that deal to go through without any other team willing to take the risk to pay for his 500-600k salary if only a 4th rounder was required.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #728 on: October 16, 2018, 06:23:13 PM »
Others were interested but he only wanted to go to the Dawks. 4th stuffing rounder though. So odd.
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #729 on: October 16, 2018, 06:23:49 PM »
I think I would back the dawks before gws or GC types

Seriously what a joke they are with this fire sale. Blowtorch should be on GES and who authorised the fire sale  :shh
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #730 on: October 16, 2018, 06:30:33 PM »
Still hoping for a twist in the tale.....maybe we're waiting for the live tv show tommorow night.... :shh

- Gustav Mahler

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #731 on: October 16, 2018, 08:22:56 PM »
Who have we cut yet?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #732 on: October 16, 2018, 08:29:46 PM »
His ankle must be beyond stuffed for that deal to go through without any other team willing to take the risk to pay for his 500-600k salary if only a 4th rounder was required.
According to the news tonight, GWS reckons Scully's ankle is stuffed and he won't play again. With a 3-year deal they just wanted to offload him.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #733 on: October 16, 2018, 08:30:39 PM »
Steven May’s declaration that he'll go to any Victorian club that can satisfy the Suns in a trade seems to have opened up a lot more doors, but how likely is it that any other clubs will join Melbourne in the race for the Gold Coast captain?

Richmond’s pick 17 wouldn’t be enough, and anyway, there can’t be any salary cap space left at Punt Road after securing Tom Lynch and re-signing the club’s ‘big four’ in the past two years, so the Tigers are no chance.

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/afl/news/afl-trade-news-which-victorian-clubs-are-in-the-running-for-gold-coasts-steven-may-suns/1wst4j460ywi6zzgfyrkw4ahn

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #734 on: October 16, 2018, 09:04:46 PM »
Steven May’s declaration that he'll go to any Victorian club that can satisfy the Suns in a trade seems to have opened up a lot more doors, but how likely is it that any other clubs will join Melbourne in the race for the Gold Coast captain?

Richmond’s pick 17 wouldn’t be enough, and anyway, there can’t be any salary cap space left at Punt Road after securing Tom Lynch and re-signing the club’s ‘big four’ in the past two years, so the Tigers are no chance.

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/afl/news/afl-trade-news-which-victorian-clubs-are-in-the-running-for-gold-coasts-steven-may-suns/1wst4j460ywi6zzgfyrkw4ahn

I wouldn't say we were no chance. It could be worked out. I can see a possible way it could be done. Now i don't have any inside running here on this and absolutely nothing may come of it. but wouldn't it be just a touch of magic if we landed May and Lynch.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.