Author Topic: The run home [merged]  (Read 2742 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: The run home [merged]
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2018, 11:17:05 PM »
Hopefully Melbourne can come ninth

That would be sweet.

Their fans must be wondering what the hell is going on. Yet again they seem to be cracking at the pointy end of the season.
Like Collingwood, the Dees are overrated. Downhill skiers (excuse the pun  ;D ) who pick up soft wins against bottom sides but they haven't beaten a current top 8 side. The Dees have now got to play two top 8 sides in the last two rounds to make it.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2018, 09:46:44 AM »
I cannot pick who I want to finish 9th the most.
Melbourne? for two years in a row
Geelong? by miniscule %
Port? falling so far
Pies? Same

dwaino

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2018, 10:12:29 AM »
I’m not sure I can have both Geelong and goDees missing can I? Can’t stand Chris Scott but shemons missing again would be beautiful. poo loser culture, sucked in. I reckon I copped it more from those toffees than anyone else in recent times. Zero sympathy.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2018, 11:42:48 AM »
From the team on Saturday the only definite out is Soldo and Nank to come in.

Baring injuries, who are the others that might be stiff to miss out on finals this year?
My guess is

Bellis- but I think he is one of Dimma’s favourites so I probably think he stays
Houli- see above
McIntosh- would be unlucky as I think he is important to our side with his toughness and pest factor but Dimma has shown he isn’t afraid to drop him.
Higgins- would be unlucky too as he has improved almost every week this year but how many small forward types can we fit in the 22?

What about players that could potentially take those guys spot?
My guess is

Buttler- has shown he is important to our set up and I think if he is 100% fit he plays. He gives us something different from Rioli and George but put them together and they are hard to stop.
Townsend- like McIntosh imo he is important to how we play. His toughness cannot be undervalued.
I would find him a spot so he could play on the oppositions intecept backman. (McGovern)
Conca- not my cup of tea but it’s obviously Dimma rates him.

I think that is about it. Thoughts??

I personally would play Townsend and Butler and Bellis and Houli would come out but I know that would never happen but I can dream.  :gotigers

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2018, 05:02:31 PM »
From the team on Saturday the only definite out is Soldo and Nank to come in.

Baring injuries, who are the others that might be stiff to miss out on finals this year?
My guess is

Bellis- but I think he is one of Dimma’s favourites so I probably think he stays
Houli- see above
McIntosh- would be unlucky as I think he is important to our side with his toughness and pest factor but Dimma has shown he isn’t afraid to drop him.
Higgins- would be unlucky too as he has improved almost every week this year but how many small forward types can we fit in the 22?

What about players that could potentially take those guys spot?
My guess is

Buttler- has shown he is important to our set up and I think if he is 100% fit he plays. He gives us something different from Rioli and George but put them together and they are hard to stop.
Townsend- like McIntosh imo he is important to how we play. His toughness cannot be undervalued.
I would find him a spot so he could play on the oppositions intecept backman. (McGovern)
Conca- not my cup of tea but it’s obviously Dimma rates him.

I think that is about it. Thoughts??

I personally would play Townsend and Butler and Bellis and Houli would come out but I know that would never happen but I can dream.  :gotigers

Agree with your likely ins and outs (barring any injuries) except for houli. Really dont see what your issue with him is apart from the now overdone 'soft' line that people seem to go back to any time he makes a mistake. Was best on or there abouts in the grand final last year and just like short provides great run and carry off the half back with a booming kick to boot! Any thoughts that he would be left out of the side when fully fit are unwaranted and unrealistic.

In saying that with short and bachar on the half back flanks, is there a need for a third option there i.e. Bellis? this could lead to him being omitted or potentially moved to the wing where i prefer him anyways with Kmac then dropping out. Agree towners is a sneaky chance to come in for finals to do a job on oppo intercept fwds which would make team selection very interesting indeed. Good problem to have for sure!